The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (193 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
The key I ordered has not yet come, but an email came with instructions for downloading the manual. The manual is in color, about 45 pages and, based on a half-hour perusal, appears to be outstanding.

Christmas comes early this year!

George
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I'm interested in replacing my current haunted key (generic one from Magic store I aged myself) with this version. Only thing that's holding me back is the price. 90 GBP is $144 dollars which could buy me several other less expensive routines I've been eyeing (also from Lebenon and Outlaw). Would I be paying for the routines primarily or is the key that nicely made?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2014, topherhester wrote:
Would I be paying for the routines primarily or is the key that nicely made?

Both!
The routines are that nicely made and the key is like no other ever designed.
The Professor has utilized science of all things. Smile
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I just read the PDF and waiting for the key but this is the one to get from what I can tell so far. A lot of science went into this it will be the only key you need,
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
159 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
Ordered mine.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Science... proposterous!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of Darkness
The science of the paranormal I meant ahem...
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
I guess I'll ask Dan directly, but since I don't want to spam him: I ordered the key on 20th, and its status is still "unfulfilled".
Are other people in the same case ?

Thanks !
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
I think Dan is overseas at the moment. Could explain it?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
My Key came. I like it, maybe a lot.

The key is quite a bit lighter in weight than my other keys of comparable size; that is probably okay.

In my practicing so far, BC's computer-engineered key design is so very "flop resistant" that I have to shift my dominant hand somewhat downward to help the key to complete its rotation. The spectator can see one's fingers pointing somewhat downward, but this could add to the effect's effectiveness.

Nevertheless, if anyone has discovered how to complete the turn while keeping the hand level, please respond or PM me.

George
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I have not received mine yet and yes I believe Dan is traveling. George I will PM you.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
I think most of the keys that have landed so far are in the US. Probably sent out by Prof BC himself. I believe Dan is hoping to return from his visit stateside with some stock which he can then send out to European customers.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
No. Otherwise I would have received my set by now. It's stil listed as "unfilled". My advice: don't guess what the suppliers are doing. They're reading this thread. Maybe they have the time to answer their customers questions...not a good start to buying from Lebanon for the 1st time... lack of something beyond an automated communication doesn't feel good.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Reese, Dan and Leb C have integrity, have always kept me informed, made up for any glitches by over-delivering in service and from what I have experienced from customers here. I believe Dan stated up front in a post here (or maybe it was noted by Prof BC) thT Dan had to be outtof counfry briefly, so activity would be delayed until his return to UK. Not excusing him, but just noting that I have hade exdellent service (betterthan a couple of other well known "spooky" suppliers frequently mentioned here), so just advising to shot a pm or email to Dan and don't make a premature judgment until trying to work out some communication with Dan. His creations are of the highest quality, with great value, so it would be worth summoning some patience....IMHO. Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
All rite. Thanks for the positive note.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
I echo what DocBenWiz said. Also, remember Dan is a one-man show, so to speak. When we support businesses like his, we are supporting folks who are craftspeople - not some big box store. Big Box Stores have customer service folks who are available extended hours every day...they also often sell wares that were made by individuals without soul, love, and care going into the work they do. Folks like Dan who are running these very small and very specialized businesses are making their livelihood by providing exceptional products and exceptional customer service, as a rule - not an exception. If people dig around (or hang around and read threads with any regularity), they will know that glitches will undoubtedly come up from time to time, but Dan does have a stellar reputation for taking care of his customers.

In this day and age of instant gratification becoming the expected norm, every once in a while we just need to remember we are dealing with people, just like us. Well, Dan may not be just like us. He's a deranged soul. I wish I was more like him. Striving...striving...

This is not intended to be finger shaking at anyone... I promise. Just a gentle reminder we're all human and we vote with where we put our hard-earned cash.

All the best,

David
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
It's not about salivating for "instant gratification". You're piling on. You want me to respond to your points when I was ready to give the issue a rest? O.K. I run a business. I always communicate personally with a buyer if there's a delay. I never leave a customer hanging. People appreciate "little" things like that. It makes a difference.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2014, reese wrote:
My advice: don't guess what the suppliers are doing.

Thanks for the advice.

I know for a fact that Dan is travelling currently, that is why I chipped in. It wasn't a guess. I was only trying to help. No need to get snippy.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, reese wrote:
No ... My advice: don't guess what the suppliers are doing.

No. My advice: learn some manners. People here are trying to help you.

I emailed Dan regarding delivery of my key, and received a reply from him on 23rd October. My post was based on the information he gave in that email regarding how delivery to the UK and Europe was being arranged, and the timescales involved.

I'm afraid I was trying to be helpful. I won't let it happen again.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1335 Posts

Profile of reese
My apologies Minty. I was rude. I'm glad you called me out on it. (Are you also posting as MatCult? If not, the doppelganger effect has me confused!)