The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (193 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I will attempt not to spoil any details here...however Haunted Key aficionados should well rejoice in this newly designed key offering.

I actually perform the haunted key.
I have purchased a fair number of "Haunted Keys”.
It has become a personal collection and I do love them all.
I look for proper keys at antique shops, it is a fun hobby.
I simply like keys.

Keys represent Magic to me.
Keys symbolize unlocking great secrets and they give peace of mind knowing those secrets are secure.
Keys solve the puzzle of the lock.
Keys are Key.

Haunted keys that are properly spirited to perform are readily available in a variety of sizes and design.
I have been in a close relationship for years with a Carlyle key to very much success but I admit I have dated many others large and small, always looking for the right fit.

The Resurrection Gate Key is splendid.
It turns easily and eerily slow and with little practice can end just as equally slow with no sudden flop-over that is common in many keys.
I love this aged key visually and it holds a complete reality as a real key and not at all a prop.

Yes, it is far more more expensive than the average Haunted Key but it comes complete with Professor B.C. routines which are for me invaluable.
I love the way this man thinks and makes magic relevant to the world today.

I am confident in handing out the key knowing that the rotation is not suspect.
Handling the key will only convince spectators that the rotation was impossible.

Those who regularly perform this effect should perhaps take a look at the Resurrection Gate Key.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4812 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I will have to have to check out, Resurrection Gate Key.I like you Eddie have quite a collection of old key's and Haunted one's that have come out on the market and I do love the stories which can be told to enhance the effect.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Where can we see, and read about, the key? Googling failed to turn it up.

George
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Pretty cool. is there video of this in action?
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2014, steven-gibson wrote:
Pretty cool. is there video of this in action?

Hopefully not...

Unless it is password protected...

And then, even still, hopefully not...
Prof_Fether
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Prof_Fether
I read this site for quite awhile before registering. "It all begins and ends with the haunted key" fascinated me. I was praticing idlely in front of the TV when I managed the first no-flop rotation. It's kinda zen.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Wizard:

Thanks. I ordered one. Looks very promising.

George
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I ordered one too, and I highly doubt we will be disappointed.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
I too ordered mine, and am so far enjoying Proffesor B.C.'s routines. They are well thought out and inspired in today's world of magic and mysticism. Bravo Professor!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I received my Rez Key yesterday. In short, this is what I have always wanted in a Haunted Key.

I'm not a haunted key expert. I only have a couple. I have the Carlyle Mental Key, and I like it very much but, it doesn't "read" the way I would like it to beyond a few feet. Also, the aging process is fairly rusty and makes the coat a bit fragile -- a consideration when handing it over to spectators.

The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key is a key that reads all the way across the room as the gorgeous old key that it *is*. The aging is perfect, appropriate for many different story lines and hearty enough that it can freely be handed out with no fear of damage (flaking).

This key will not turn in your hand or your specs hand... unless you want it to. When it does, the movement is slow and precise.

As good as the key is the best part about it, as with all Prof BC's offerings, is (of course) the performance manual. There are a couple of routines here that left my jaw on the floor. There's one in particular that I am resolved to work until it becomes second nature.

This is a brilliantly crafted item, accompanied by a master course in usage.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Excellent review Perkins. Exactly what I was going to say. For me the big draw to this version is the turning in the spec's hands. A wonderful idea and perfectly crafted. Well Done BC!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I love the haunted key effect and I really like the look and size of this key.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
Ordered one, can't wait to use it.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Just got a WOT warning on the Lebonon site. Is the site safe?
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
I think so :o
You make your payement through Paypal (wich is safe) and your order is processed via a background e-commerce software.
So yes, it must be safe !
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have bought many items from them, never had a problem.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
As have I.
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of spindoc
Recently purchased Cemetery Gate Key with no problem, and the key itself is up to Prof. BC's usual high standards.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1781 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
I have purchased many items from Dan's site over the years, most recently the RCG. I have never experienced a problem.