The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The marquee says... :: VISITING NEW YORK MAGIC SHOPS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
I reside in Sydney Australia and will be travelling to New York over the Christmas period and will be staying in Midtown Manhattan. I want a winter Christmas for once. Can anyone give me advice as to magic shops I should visit in New York. I am interested in Mikame or Viking magic.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Google both Tannens and Fantasma magic shops.They are just a few blocks from each other.Also look into Monday Night Magic.Great magic every Monday night.

Enjoy your stay...its a fun city.

Don
DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
Thanks Don. I will visit both magic shops. I have had a look at their websites and they have an extensive list of magic items.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
David,
If you're getting into NYC by train, Fantasma is literally across the street from Penn Station. Magick Balay is behind the counter almost every day...and some days, you'll see David Roth just hanging out. Tannen's is just a short taxi ride away...and has great guys, like Rich Kameda, working there. Either place, you can't go wrong.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
Thank you Steve. Looking forward to visiting both shops. We only have one actual magic shop in Sydney. At the moment I get my supplies from either Stevens Magic USA who are great and very helpful. Their delivery to Australia is excellent. The other supplier is Mehow Magic, who are an online Australian supplier and because they are only 15 minutes from my house, he allows me to pick up and saves me delivery. He is also excellent.

I will also be going to Las Vegas for new year and hope to see some magic shows.
DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
I am now travelling to New York, Las Vegas and San Francisco from 20 December 2015 to 10 January 2016 and very interested in visiting Magic Shops in these cities. I have the details of Tannens and Fantasma magic shops in New York and Denny and Lee in Las Vegas. I am unable to find any magic shops in San Francisco (city area).

I am a collector of Mikame and Viking magic.

Any information would be helpful in making my USA visit magically enjoyable.

David
Sydney Australia
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Misdirections Magic Shop used to be in San Francisco...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Just a tip on Denny and Lees shop this is not as close to the main strip as you may think and you will only be able to get there by driving. If you are in Vegas also be sure to visit the Gamblers General Store and Spinettis Gaming Supplies for a great choice of playing cards and books.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Has anyone been to the “Just Don’t Blink” Magic Shop in New York City?
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Veteran user
Randolph NJ
322 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
I haven't but now that I know about it I will have to check it out, thanks! Magick Balay used to work at Tannen's if I recall correctly, guess he decided to open his own place. Good luck to him, tough business...
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I recently went to Just Don't Blink when I was visiting New York City. I spoke with Magick and he did not have much of an online presence at that time and actually seemed surprised that I had found his shop. He had a pretty good selection of items and was working on getting more. One thing (which may or may not matter to you) was that it was one of the cleanest magic shops I have ever visited. My wife and daughter waited at a table while I shopped and they both commented on this. It's not very far from Tannens so if you are in the city, I'd say to drop by both shops. For what it's worth, Magick knew his stock better and was able to show me a lot of the effects that I was looking for.
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...