The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: Next new Tenyo Elite item coming soon (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hello everyone.

We decided to put a second run on hold for the zig zag cig so we could work on the next item we wanted to release.

Like the zig zag cig we were told that this next item would not be possible to make in a wooden Elite form.
But I'm happy to report that I saw the latest prototype for this new item this past Friday, and it worked beautifully. The cosmetics just need to be finished this week and then we can send it to Japan for final approval. Baring no unforeseen changes that need to be done, we should be going into production and taking orders soon.
Like the Elite zig zag cig, this will be a first run of 50 units only, and limited to only 2 runs if we even decide to do a second run.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks.

Best,

Peter
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
That is great news Peter!
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Exciting news Peter...... Sounds like Tenyo Elite is really beginning to hit its stride that we were all waiting for.

Count me in!

Charlie
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Incredible! I like it that you are using the momentum and energy from your last release and venturing forward. You can always come back to the past and re-release popular effects, but keep the energy of "the new" alive and continue to venture onward. I can't wait to see what your team has planned for us next.

I also like that you are thinking ahead and publishing the run-quantity. This works in everyone's favor in my opinion. We know what you are offering, and you know your commitment to deliver. No grey areas. No looking back, and none of us Tenyo Elite "fanboys" can say we didn't know about a limited run. Thank you.

This is AWESOME!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Wizard of Oz wrote:
You can always come back to the past and re-release popular......

Imagine if Magic Wagon did that. The value of their items would plummet as well as possibly make future customers leery about purchasing future tricks since they were supposed to be limited. Therefore, going back and re releasing "limited editions" doesn't seem like a good idea.
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2014, Wizard of Oz wrote:
none of us Tenyo Elite "fanboys" can say we didn't know about a limited run.

The exact reason why "limited editions" should stay "limited editions" Smile.
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Well I think the point was they did say they could do up to 2 runs of 50 each up front. They sold out of the first run and have decided to pass on the second run and move on to the next effect. So they do have a window to come back and run JUST 50 more I believe because that is what they initially told everyone to start with. I don't have a problem with that if what I am saying is true. I would have a problem if they go over the amounts they say up front they are going to make of the limited run. So I agree with you "That's cool" but I think in this case they have not used up all of their announced limited run of a 100 total of Zig Zag in up to 2 offerings of 50. Peter can correct me if I am wrong on any of this. If I am off base on this then I stand corrected. Thanks

Charlie
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Charlie is correct.

We will not produce over 100 units for either Zig Zag cig or the latest one coming soon. Those two releases will be limited to 100 units each. But we are only producing 50 units of any one trick in a single run. However we reserve the right on whether or not the second run takes place at all and when. I hope that makes sense.

In any case thanks for the comments and feedback.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2014, ChasVH wrote:
Well I think the point was they did say they could do up to 2 runs of 50 each up front. They sold out of the first run and have decided to pass on the second run and move on to the next effect. So they do have a window to come back and run JUST 50 more I believe because that is what they initially told everyone to start with. I don't have a problem with that if what I am saying is true. I would have a problem if they go over the amounts they say up front they are going to make of the limited run. So I agree with you "That's cool" but I think in this case they have not used up all of their announced limited run of a 100 total of Zig Zag in up to 2 offerings of 50. Peter can correct me if I am wrong on any of this. If I am off base on this then I stand corrected. Thanks

Charlie

Of course it's TE's call on what they do. I wouldn't suggest otherwise Smile.

On your mention of runs and numbers. When the Zig Zag was originally being sold there were posts telling people they were "almost sold out", and it was a little vague on how many were being made. The words, "first run" were used and some people were a bit confused on the numbers. It was said there "may" be a second run depending on a few factors. Nothing was specific (not that it had to be), and a few members voiced their concerns about that. I have the posts referenced somewhere.

Regardless, as I have always believed and said, The Tenyo Elite team appear to have a passion for Tenyo and have been creating high end version's of past Tenyo illusions. They care, obviously worked hard, and are still doing so. It 's any companies right to decide what to do and how to do it, just as Peter mentioned above Smile. No matter how many are being made, making less the first time and selling out should only make people buy the second illusion they are working on that much faster, keep values, etc, as I said earlier. Either way, the team has been very open to suggestions, views, and input from Café members which is great Smile.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I was one if the ones confused and concerned about the wording when zig zag cig was announced.
Nothing was specific so it was impossible to gauge how limited the item would be.

After several posts things were eventually clarified.

This time however they are saying 50 units to start and no more than 100 ever made. I think it is much more clear and much better this time.
I appreciate the transparency.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi Teevtee, and That's Cool,

We have always tried to be transparent when our contractual agreement with Tenyo allows us to be.
When the zigzag was announced you(Teevtee) asked the question on Jan 2nd about specific run quantities and by Jan 5th I came back to the thread and answered your question completey. I thought I apologized for the short delay in answering your question because I was in the hospital battling my cancer at the time. That question was in my field of expertise within the company which is why it wasn't addressed by Steve or Jason. We certainly did not intend to confuse anyone. If people were confused then it was certainly my fault for not being able to respond to you fast enough, and for that I appologize. I am happy no one is confused this time.

:-)

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Clearly Peter your health is of a far greater importance than a magic trick or worse yet a question about a magic trick.
I hope that goes without saying and certainly I would not expect not want you to expend any energy whatsoever towards such silliness while you were dealing with much more important things.

My apologies if my questions came off as demands or attacks in any way.

Aside from not knowing that you were in the hospital at the time (I would not asked had I known) I think the confusion was because you had responded without directly answering my questions regarding quantities. Later you did answer them.

I am sure it was nothing but an oversight and as I said my questions surely should not have been paramount in your mind.

I am happy that things are now very clear pertaining to the next release and I look forward to hearing more about it.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi Teevtee,

I don't feel attacked at all. Smile
I am simply sorry I made you feel confused. Honestly.

On Jan 2nd you asked your question about quantities.
Jan 5th (the next time I posted in the thread) I answered your question with a very detailed explanation to the best of my ability and knowledge at that time. So forgive me that I don't know what you mean by 'that I responded but didn't really answer your question but later did'. Now I'm confused lol.

I did say in that thread at the time that I believed there would likely be 50 made the first run and no more than 2 runs and no more than 100 total. We have produced the first run of 50 so far and still plan to do the second and final run of 50 when we can because the demand for them already surpasses this number greatly.

Whether or not a second run of any item happening will likely depend on demand as the main deciding factor(there are other factors but demand is a big one). We are not going to over produce items, that was a mistake we made with the first 2 Elite items. So I can tell you that the next item will have a first run of 50 for sure, and no more than 2 runs total and not exceeding 100 units total. But whether or not the second run takes place will depend on those deciding factors and is not guaranteed.

But more to the point, I apologize to anyone feeling confused at any time and prior to answering your initial question. That was not our intentions. I think everything is clearer this time around and I'm happy we can move forward.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
OK, will the first run be 50?.... Kidding! Smile
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Peter:

It's all good and I hope you are doing well.

No need to go back and analyze the past, perhaps I recall incorrectly.
The good news is that you are moving forward and though I chose not to purchase Zig Zag Cig I eagerly await the next release.

Thanks again.
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

So Pete, how many are we doing again???!!! LOL! I'm kidding!

These things can get so confusing sometimes, so I'm glad that everyone is back on track. I got a chance to pick up the finished prototype yesterday (after the final touches/cosmetics that Peter mentions above were done), and I must say that I was blown away and everything worked.....well, like magic. Smile

Anyhow we will keep you up to date as things move along, but I just wanted to chime in here. We are really excited about this latest release and think that you are all going to love it too!

Thank you for the continued support.

Best regards,

Jason
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Exciting times ahead folks! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Is the next Tenyo Elite item mainly for magicians or mentalists? (I love performing with the Fortune Sticks.)

George
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi George,

This next item would not be considered Mentalism.
But the plastic versions are very sought after by collectors, so we think fans of Tenyo are going to be very excited to see this next one in a wooden elite form.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
You sir, are a tease. Smile
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Haha sorry Wiz! Luv ya though bro!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie: