The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: Russian Roulette with a borrowed phone and a hammer! First time threatened on stage too! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey guys!

It has been quite a while since my last post here on TMC, been busy getting married, having kids, changing careers and even shifting to be in Singapore.

The magic however hasn't stopped Smile

I've always loved the Russian Roulette effect but felt that it would be much more hard hitting if it used a spectator's possession...and what's more precious to us in this day and age than our handphone? I've been playing with this concept for a few years and this is the handling I ended up with. It was my first time performing this particular routine and the crowd I had was challenging to say the least. It's the alcohol talking to be honest as I know these people personally, but it got me thinking of worst case scenarios and I learned a lot from the experience.

I was also threatened while on stage too, which was an interesting experience! Anyone else also had that happen to them?

Upon rewatching this I realize how much stronger (and funnier) it would be to increase the size of the hammer after each bag is smashed, so that's something I'll definitely add to the routine in the future. If anyone has any comments or suggestions that I may improve this routine please do share!

I'm always looking to improve!

Thanks and enjoy the video!

http://youtu.be/NVVLCVW_CQo

Stay safe,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Nice routine, maybe the use of a blindfold might be an idea. Good routine anyway. Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Hey George,

Thanks for the idea. I had toyed with the notion for a while but perhaps will give it another go!

Thanks again! Smile

helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1066 Posts

Profile of helder
Without reading your comment about bigger hammer, that was the first thing that come to my mind when I watch the video. I think it's better. Not an easy audience but you did a great job.
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Not bad. I love the premise and agree that a bigger hammer makes a bigger impact.
To me the trick started a bit slow and that allowed a place for the extra unwanted
audience interactions. Once you were into the meat of the routine it smoothed out.
So my suggestion would be to quicken the pace at the beginning. Perhaps having one bag
empty and the other 3 preloaded with the weighted paper.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Thanks Helder for the kind words!

Chad, I agree with you. It needs to be tighter and will use your suggestion! A work in progress Smile

Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Bigger and bigger hammers is a great idea! Maybe a sledgehammer?
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
A sledgehammer would be an awesome idea! Just have to worry about not damaging the table at the venue! Smile

SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Could attach it to something hanging and swing with a baseball bat :0)
danny123
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of danny123
Is this a gimmick or where can I learn this method please? Thanks