The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: New Tenyo Elite Item Released! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 23:09, Julie wrote:
About the item to be zig-zagged: how about cutting a supply of magic wands out of the proper thickness of wooden dowel rods?

You can paint them different colors (although the standard black and white color combination will contrast fine with the light wood).

Put a sticker on the middle for the convincer and then give it to your audience helper as a souvenir at the end... Smile

Julie

Very nice idea Julie. Really lovely.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Agreed. That's a very cool suggestion.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3877 Posts

Profile of Julie
Thanks, guys! Smile

Julie
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thank you so much for all your continued support, comments and orders! I wanted to let you know a couple of things:  First, I just heard from our manufacturer, and it looks like these might even be shipping earlier than February 15th! Yay!.....Secondly, we are almost totally sold out, and have just 2 left from our initial first production run----so order yours before it's too late!

I don't want to sound overdramatic, but the truth is that depending on interest for future sales, this may in fact be our last run (maybe, possibly, but not for sure). After these are sold, if there is interest in getting one from a second run, then please be sure to contact us. If there is enough interest, then we may do a second and final run, otherwise we are just going to move on to our next release.

Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jason
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great news Jason, thanks for the update!

John
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Just ordered mine. Completely drained from the holidays, but found the money finally. This looks awesome. No surprise it sold so quickly.
Now, I can't wait to see what you guys have planned next.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of booswain
This is so beautiful...its a work of art
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

Thank you for all of your support and your business! We are now very pleased to announce that our first production run of our Tenyo Elite Zig Zag Cig is now sold out, and will probably be shipping earlier than we thought!

We may do what will be a second and final run, depending on the level of interest. If you are truly interested in getting in on this, then please contact us as soon as possible.

Thank you again!

Best regards,

Jason
JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
Ah, I waited too long. By the time I saw the post that said there were only 2 left, they were already gone. I hope there is a second run - email has been sent.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Having these sell out so fast might make people buy the next Elite item that much faster and create more of a demand for Tenyo Elite products.

I wonder if doing another run would make people wait even longer on the next illusion, thinking there will be another run which could possibly hamper sales and collectibilty. I can't wait until these come out and the next item is started on Smile.

I'm curious Jim, why did you wait?
JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
Post-holiday bill payments coupled with a desire to read some reviews before making a purchase. The other Elite items are still available, so I thought I'd be able to wait until after the Zig Zag was released before making my decision. The video demo looks great, but the price is high enough that I didn't expect the whole run to sell out in advance. If there is a second run, I'll take the plunge.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
I don't think many expected this to run out so soon, especially given the fact Moon Spinner and Fortune Sticks remain available though produced several years ago. I only heard of this last week, went to order one tonight, and was surprised to found it sold out. I consider myself a loyal customer and Tenyo Elite fan.

Another run of 50 is certainly warranted if there are only 50 in existence. Otherwise you can expect at least a 300% price markup on the secondary market right away. Yes, $500 to $700 would not be out of the ballpark. Only 50 units puts this close the Gerlitz production range, and we all know what those items sell for aftermarket (and I love Richard Gerlitz items, so please don't take that as a negative for Mr. Gerlitz).

For those who picked this up already, congratulations, you may have a serious collectible on your hands. Smile
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 00:28, tdowell wrote:

Another run of 50 is certainly warranted if there are only 50 in existence. Otherwise you can expect at least a 300% price markup on the secondary market right away. Yes, $500 to $700 would not be out of the ballpark. Only 50 units puts this close the Gerlitz production range, and we all know what those items sell for aftermarket (and I love Richard Gerlitz items, so please don't take that as a negative for Mr. Gerlitz).

For those who picked this up already, congratulations, you may have a serious collectible on your hands. Smile

Why would another run of 50 be warranted if there are only 50 in existance? I would think another run would be done if another 50 people wanted them as well as how the TE team wants to proceed, but you never know.

Having these sell out so fast may make people buy the next Elite item that much faster and create more of a demand for future Tenyo Elite products.

Doing another run could also make people wait even longer on the next illusion thinking there will be another run, which could possibly slow sales and future value. I guess it can be argued both pro and con as to additional runs of a limited item. I sure wish Magic Wagon did additional runs when their limited items sell out because I have missed out on a few of their illusions. However, being they don't, their items sell out that much faster the next time. They also usually end up keeping and exceeding their original purchase price.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Being a purchaser of the one of the first run my selfish preference would be for only one run Smile. However I want the Tenyo Elite project to remain financially viable for the team and if a second run helps that cause then by all means they should proceed with a second run, if the demand warrants it.I agree with That's Cool that the Magic Wagon model has been great in creating fast sell-outs of thier items each time. Ultimately look forward to more releases from Tenyo Elite.

John
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Agree 100% with John on this. Magic Wagon is a great model for Tenyo Elite to emulate though it might be a little harder because there are only so many of the Tenyo effect you can build in such a way and command such a price to make it work. These guy's though are mostly doing this for love and know they are not going to make a fortune off of the "Elite" business. They just need to make sure they do not lose money. With that said, I applaud them for whatever decision they make.

Charlie
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
I really hate speculation and profiteering on Tenyo. It really takes the fun out of the magic and places the emphasis on collecting toys and its potential value. I have ordered one of the 50 and I would have no objection if you would sell a 1000 more. I really want them to be in the hand of Tenyo fans and not people who will turn them around for a profit.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 18:20, that'sCool wrote:

Having these sell out so fast may make people buy the next Elite item that much faster and create more of a demand for future Tenyo Elite products.

Or Tenyo Elite just falls into the collector niche market, limiting it's appeal to a small group. Nothing wrong with that, but it won't increase the number of collectors. I used to be a hardcore collector and it is a limited market where the demand pretty much stays within the collector community, many of whom are willing to pay obnoxious prices on the secondary market due to limited availability.

Eventually these things end up on serious collection shelves, rarely used and only infrequently handled. If that's the marketing model Tenyo Elite seeks, they have a good start with the Zig-Zag Cig.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2014-01-24 22:34, tdowell wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-21 18:20, that'sCool wrote:

Or Tenyo Elite just falls into the collector niche market, limiting it's appeal to a small group. Nothing wrong with that, but it won't increase the number of collectors. I used to be a hardcore collector and it is a limited market where the demand pretty much stays within the collector community, many of whom are willing to pay obnoxious prices on the secondary market due to limited availability.

Eventually these things end up on serious collection shelves, rarely used and only infrequently handled. If that's the marketing model Tenyo Elite seeks, they have a good start with the Zig-Zag Cig.

I thougt it was a collector/niche market. I don't recall reading where anyone said anything about increasing the number of general magic collectors. What I said was having this intital run sell out fast may make people buy the next Elite item that much faster and create more of a demand for future Tenyo Elite products. The demand I imagine would mostly be collectors of Tenyo and some magic collectors of limited edition, well made magic tricks. Similiar, though not exactly the same as, Magic Wagon.

I wouldn't doubt many Tenyo Elite (and Magic Wagon) collectors, keep their items on a shelf as a collectible. Others, depending on the illusion, perform with them.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I am one of the magicians who has paid for this new Tenyo Elite item and am wondering if the creators could offer an update on the delivery of the trick?
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
I agree with Rhett.... I ordered as well, paid and have heard nothing. You should at least give an update on a shipping date as a common courtesy....if you are not sure then tell us. Silence is never good. Don't want to tell you how to run your business but keeping your customers informed I think is something you may want to do. Just my opinion.

Charlie