The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: New Tenyo Elite Item Released! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
That's excellent Rob, I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on it. Smile
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Got Mine today. What work!! Very, very awesome. Worth the wait,smooth operation and love the metal rod. Thanks guys.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Thanks Steve, so glad that you 're happy with it!

Best regards,

Jason
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
846 Posts

Profile of roblane
It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the way the natural oils and enzymes in the wood are able to redistribute the molecules of the strange metal (?) found in one of the famous UFO sites in the UK! (Rendlesham)
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
A routine I made up incorporate Steve Dusheck's "Wonder Bar" into this using the metal silver bar.

I explain while visiting Roswell I found a solid, silver metal bar in the desert that must have been part of the crash debris. The bar magically levitates (Wonder Bar), and even restores itself when I cut it into 3 pieces, (Tenyo Elite's "Zig Zag Cig (Bar)" .
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Thanks for sharing Rob!

That's Cool-nice idea, I like it! Did you get your 2 units yet?
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I'm happy everyone is pleased with our new release. Smile

For personal reasons I'm also happy that you are enjoying the included metal rod.

Thanks for your continued support everyone! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
One more run! I'm hoping...
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Opened mine tonight. Well, it was worth the wait. This is indeed a little piece of special. I'm not quite sure how they managed to make this out of wood, but they did. And it looks and works great. Everything hits the mark, including the packaging and detailed instructions. I love the added historical bits.

Very well done Tenyo Elite team. I salute you, and am already camped out by my mailbox for the next release. (No pressure or anything Smile )
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3877 Posts

Profile of Julie
Any more reviews of this latest release by Tenyo Elite?

Julie
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I LOVE this! Seriously, this is the perfect mini-illusion. Absolutely spot-on. So far I've just been using the metal bar, but it gets great reactions. There's a nice idea for a line of presentation in the instructions that helps put the focus on the bar, rather than the box, and lets you riff a bit. Last person I did it for anticipated where it was going and said, "no WAY you're going to put that back together..." And then BAM.

The craftsmanship is beautiful - I can't imagine this being any better made or more fooling, for what it is. Nice way to add a light-hearted "stage illusion" to your strolling set.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, Julie wrote:
Any more reviews of this latest release by Tenyo Elite?

Julie

How many reviews are needed. It's not a new trick but a beautiful and masterful piece of work.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3877 Posts

Profile of Julie
Well, friend Steve, the reason I asked is that I'm considering ordering one from the second run (IF there is one), but honestly from the pictures I have seen this is not a very good-looking prop. I'm happy it seems it will work well and last, but it just looks too "rustic" for my taste. I guess I'm still on the fence...

I'm not trying to be confrontational or argumentative, simply responding openly to your query.

Julie
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Julile, if you feel that way stick to the plastic one. This is really meant for Tenyo collectors who would pre-order blind, not even knowing what they were getting. I'm happy I did.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3877 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2014, pierredan wrote:
Julile, if you feel that way stick to the plastic one. This is really meant for Tenyo collectors who would pre-order blind, not even knowing what they were getting. I'm happy I did.

Smile

Julie
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hi Julie,
I've always enjoyed your thoughtful and constructive posts, so I'll interject here with some - hopefully - useful information.

Engineering-wise, I believe this is a quality prop all the way, and well-worth the money once I saw the construction. However, esthetics are purely subjective, so my opinion regarding how the prop looks could be completely invalid for you. For me, the visual appeal of this prop can be seen in its artful application of micro-magic design combined with the use of wood to create an earthy-looking artifact. It's not aged, but the wood gives it an instinctively organic and tactile quality. The metal bar is the exclamation point. Perfectly odd and perfectly magical.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3877 Posts

Profile of Julie
Thanks Wiz

I appreciate your observations. I now agree and understand this may not be of the caliber, appearance-wise, to match my sensibilities. Smile
(purely my subjective evaluation)

I guess I was hoping for more appealing photographs, but it is what it is. I understand the allure to Tenyo collectors; just as I understand some of my own treasured wooden favorites might realistically be more desirable in a somewhat rougher format to someone performing in a specific venue.

I wonder what the next Elite item will be?

Julie
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I agree that th photos have not done Tenyo Elite any favors. They are not "bad" by any means but neither are they artful or very good at romancing the look of the prop.
I happen to be a professional photographer and magic is a long time hobby of mine. Great photos of this woudl really help a lot one way or the other. I have NOT seen one in person but my reaction to the photos was the same as Julie's... it felt rough or like a block of unfinished wood in the photos. It may not be like that at all but it may be... who knows.

As an aside if the Tenyo guys need to great shots of product please feel free to PM me. I would be happy to help as a favor and I can send you a link to my web site... I shoot product for advertising as a living... I am sure we could elevate the image of these props quite a bit.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Thank you for your offer and comments to Teevtee and Juilie! Smile
If you come to Canada we may have to take you up on your kind offer. Although you'll have to fire our current photographer. Smile

But honestly I don't think any photo from any photographer will ever do any Tenyo Elite items justice. Until you actually hold one of our tricks in your hand and "feel" them it's just not the same as looking at them. In addition to photos we also supply videos of all our tricks to show them in a different format other than stills.

But wiz nailed it, the look of a prop is purely subjective, some will love it, some won't, but regardless we are very satisfied with our product visual marketing results with the zigzag cig, since not only did we sell out in a week or two, but we get emails everyday from people wanting to buy one from a second run if we decide to do that.

The decision on whether we do a second run on the zigzag cig is currently on hold for a couple of weeks. We have decided to concentrate on the R&D for the next effect first before we make the decision.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I just have to chime in on what one of my partners, Peter wrote regarding the actual HOLDING of one of our Tenyo Elite products in your hand. He is 100% correct: photos and the videos simply do not do the tricks justice.

The best story/example I can give was when we launched the product line a few years ago at the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas. There had already been some hype and information on these tricks, including some videos and pictures. I wish I could remember this guy's name, but this incident happened with the first guy that I ended up talking to at our booth in the dealers room. He said that he had heard a lot about the tricks, and was anxious to see (as he put it) "what the big deal was". lol I took one of the products out of the display case and put it into his hand to examine (I don't remember which trick it was). He got this look on his face, slightly closed his eyes and tilted his head back and said with astonishment, "NOW I understand what the big deal is!". It was a great moment, and further showed me that you really have to see and feel these things in person.

Anyhow that was my story! lol

Thank you again for all of your continued support!

Best regards,

Jason