The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: New Tenyo Elite Item Released! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hey Jason, you ROCK!!
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey John that's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Waiting for mine!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Have had some time to play with this and compare it side by side with the original. You will be impressed with how well this is made. Being made of wood it has a solid feel. Unlike the original the center will not move until you push it. With the original you have to be careful as the center can slide on it's own when tilted. It takes a bit of force to push or "zag" the center. This is a good thing and I think adds to the illusion.

Another thing I really like is that the unit can stand upright on a table in either the closed or "zagged" position. It is slightly thicker than the original and has a perfectly flat bottom. The original will not stand up unsupported. I think this will allow for better displays when performing it at a table, also will look nice displayed upright on a shelf.

It comes with a golf pencil and aluminum bar. If you want to use a cigarette you will need to prepare one yourself. The instructions give some nice tips on doing that properly. You could obviously use the fake one that came with the original if you wanted. So far I am really liking the aluminum bar. Some interesting stories are possible with this and they provide a presentational hook to get you started. You can also use the "signature" idea with this using a dry erase marker. This gives it a neat "test conditions" feel. When using the bar or golf pencil you do need to be careful not to have anything rattle when you don't want it to. However a few trials will show this is not a big issue.

As with the previous Elite releases the packaging is the beautiful black box with classy graphics. The instruction booklet is great with many handling tips, some history and background on the effect. Everything feels first class.

Overall an impressive release that I think the 50 lucky purchasers will be very happy with. This will be a sought after item on the secondary market in future years.

John
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Terrific review. I'm hoping to get mine on Monday.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks Wiz, I know you will like it.

John
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Thanks for writing the review John!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Eagerly waiting for mine in the mail. But I wouldn't use a Dry Erase marker: everyone knows that their signature can be fiddled with. Better to use a small round sticker which the spectator has already initialed.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Space is pretty limited Richard, using a sticker would be tricky. I think the fact that the spectator makes a mark and it never leaves thier sight will seal the deal.
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
Mine arrived yesterday. Just starting to play with it. Looks good.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
846 Posts

Profile of roblane
Really like the signature on the bar idea, thanks John. Eagerly awaiting arrival in UK
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Cannot take credit for the signature idea unfortunately Smile
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Received mine today and its everything you guy's said it would be. Well done. Tough job making this one out of wood I tell you but you did it. The action is smooth and convincing just like the original which is all you can ask for.

Cant wait for the next item..

Congrats guys!

Charlie
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hey thanks for the mini review Charlie. I'm pleased we were able to meet your expectations! Each one was built with love!

P. Smile
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Received mine today. A beautiful job and works perfectly.

John: yes, space is limited, but fortunately there are stickers small enough to fit!

The idea of signing the center section comes from the Japanese magician Kunihiko Kiyotomo.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Great to hear it arrived safely Richard and you are enjoying it! I enjoyed your Facebook picture and comments also!

:-)
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

JimW
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of JimW
I'm really hoping for a second run of these.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

We will be making our decision on a second run very soon, because if we are going to do it, it must be done soon because we are already starting to work on the next release and time is limited. However if we do a second run, there will only be 50 more made bringing the entire total of 100 units built, and then that will be it. The trick will be retired from our line and no more will ever be made. Please contact us if you haven't done so already if you are interested in purchasing one from a second run, because the people on the list will be contacted first to alert them that the pre-order buttons are active on our site for purchase. We will also make secondary announcements here, and to our mailing list group. Like the first run, it will be a first come/first serve opportunity. Look for the announcement (either yes or no) in the next week or so.

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

I just wanted to add on to what Peter wrote above. Please be sure to send us an email at sales@tenyoelite.com if you are interested in being contacted if we do this second run. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jason
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
846 Posts

Profile of roblane
Mines just landed at the Post Office. Have to wait til lunchtime to collect!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!