The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Advice on Vanishing Bird Cage (49 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
I am lucky to have received the first 2 made and I couldn’t be happier, these are so much nicer than any of the latex birds currently being sold.

I have used the latex birds exclusively until now.

These are the absolute BEST!!!!!
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Forgot to mention... but I mailed out a parakeet yesterday at the Post Office... and shipping was $5.00! Despite the lightweight (under one ounce) it falls into an odd size 93/4"-1" thick... so they nick me at a higher rate.

So although the bird is $35.00... figure $5.00 more for shipping. = $40.00

Very sorry... we are at the mercy of the post office!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I ordered one of Jonathan's parakeets and it arrived yesterday. Here's a portrait of this little beauty!

Thank you, Jonathan. Now I just need to get a cage to go with it! Smile

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2022, Magic Mark wrote:
I ordered one of Jonathan's parakeets and it arrived yesterday. Here's a portrait of this little beauty!

My goodness. It is often said "they don't make 'em like they used to". Rarely does that mean they are made better. This is definitely one of those rare cases!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I ordered 2 of these little cute parakeet birds, received them last Thursday. They are so expertly made, I hate to string them into the cages I have.

Mark, that is an excellent picture of the parakeet.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Thank you Mark, Bill, Frank, and Rudy!
I truly appreciate the fine words and your compliments inspire me to greater heights.
Every day I work on these, I think I get just a little bit more proficient and I'm trying to make them even more realistic.

Superb photo Mark!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
My goodness! I've had a bunch of people ask me for these... but I just can't keep the price at the $35.00 point. It takes too much time for each one, with all the detailing. So for those interested, I've taken the advice of a couple of buyers... and raised the price to $50.00 each.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2022, JNeal wrote:
My goodness! I've had a bunch of people ask me for these... but I just can't keep the price at the $35.00 point. It takes too much time for each one, with all the detailing. So for those interested, I've taken the advice of a couple of buyers... and raised the price to $50.00 each.

Jonathan, I suspect you received increased interest because, yesterday, Jim Riser shared a photo of his faux parakeet on his Facebook page. Two others shared photos of their parakeets too (one being me). Your birds received very favorable comments in Jim's thread.

Mark
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Well Mark, your photo is a stunner! So thank you for that! I'm glad to hear that it has pleased or intrigued so many.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I finally decided on a cage. My order had been placed with Daniel Summers for a Riser Baby Lindy. Just waiting for it to ship.

I am planning to get Louie Foxx's Take Up Reel too. I'm a little concerned the clicking sound when the lock sets might be a little too loud. For those that own one, is it quiet enough for a close-up or parlor setting?

Mark
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Yes, Mark- I have a Louie Foxx reel and it is quiet enough for Parlour.. maybe not so much for real close up. I would have no hesitation using it in any setting where I would do the birdcage.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Thank you, Jonathan.

Mark
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Magic Mark and everyone who enjoys the birdcage vanish-

I just got another (second) cage from Daniel Summer. Exactly like my first cage (full size) but even shinier! Anyway, to commemorate the cage, I decided to make a birdie in blue!

Click here to view attached image.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
That Daniel Summer birdcage reminds me of the first Birdcage that I bought from Gene DeVoe in St. Louis...it was a Lindhorst cage and was built like a tank!
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Those were some nice cages! I've had two Owen cages , one Jim Riser cage, and two Daniel Summers cages... all were great!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Jonathan, your parakeet is the most realistic bird for the Vanishing Cage that I have ever seen! Absolutely beautiful!

Lou
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Jonathon.....I'll go back and get another cage and another canary and do it again. Unclip one cage and switch for the blue bird. Fun but mainly for magicians.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
That's a funny bit!!!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
This is my pet Mexican Mockingbird Quilla.

He’s a vanishing species????

This is version #no pull

www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
331 Posts

Profile of TomB
That's great Rudy!!