The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Advice on Vanishing Bird Cage (49 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:
The reel is suppose to lock the reel long. Then when you are on stage, you push your hands holding the cage a little away from you body. Then it retracts into the reel and locks. at the proper length so you can vanish the cage. This is how a proper reel works.

LFOXX, did you research the working, and did you buy the Wonder set, or are you just guessing?

This prop and effect is not a buy and instantly go out and perform it, it takes several weeks work before performing it.

Bill,

Sorry for the delay, I don't pop here often. Yes, I owned one of the Tommy Wonder sets, and I also have emails from the maker confirming I didn't get a strange one off, they infact don't have the second lock to lock it short.
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
331 Posts

Profile of TomB
Bill,
DS makes all the WZB props, including the the anti gravity board.

I had a rather frequent email correspondence and WZB fully trusted DS and left him the parts to build the cage. DS invested 25 grand in a machine to build the cage correctly.

I also had the letters from WZB for the cage. In fact, the letters are chapters in the book Rudy mentioned. There is an additional chapter for his secret gimmick for the repeatable cage. I had begged and fished for the secret. Sadly, WZB told me he was going to take it to his grave. He hinted the secret gimmick was cheap and simple. I had my guesses, and I was very close. As you know, sometimes you pay an exorbanate amount for the secret. For me, a $2500 cage was justified by learning the extra chapter. For most, I don't think it is worth it. For me, it was not something I wanted to question the rest of my life. It is only worth it for those that want to perform it like WZB.

Now, you can be the man with a million cages with a cage that has all the lessons learned from the giants.

I suspect the perfectly built cages will be made available at a more affordable price by other manufacturers. But knowing Owen's has failed, and Riser has retired cages, I wasnt willing to take the risk.

I am happy that I got it.

PS. You may be surprised to hear this, but I like the baby lindsy by Riser better.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
In just a few more weeks Daniel Summers will be offering his BABY LINDY vanishing Bird Cage!

This has been endorsed by Jim Riser and Jim has also consulted with Daniel to make this awesome cage!

These are beautiful and for those that feel the standard cage is too big this will be the perfect alternative.

I will post pictures soon of this offering from Dan Summers!!!
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez

Arms too short you say? No more excuses because Daniel Summers is now producing the Jim Riser BABY LINDY vanishing Bird Cage!
I don’t know how many he will be making but better get yours while you can!!!
www.cesaral.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Great picture!! thanks!!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Are the new baby Lindy cages made by Dan stamped Riser or with Dan's own mark? Or with two marks?
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Baby Lindy’s are stamped RISER
www.cesaral.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2022, hugmagic wrote:
Are the new baby Lindy cages made by Dan stamped Riser or with Dan's own mark? Or with two marks?

www.cesaral.com
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I own one of the inexpensive Indian cages with the loops at the end of stainless steel rods. Mine works very well and it doesn't have any edges that would cut or scratch the skin. However, I don't use it as explained in the instructions. I think that method is great, but IMO, first, you have to have the perfect clothing and technique. And, second, it is REALLY awkward when it is in your clothing. When compressed, mine is a tad over 12 inches long, a pretty awkward size for where it is supposed to disappear to. Instead, I have mine on an elastic pull that goes inside my jacket at the chest. This way, it is not uncomfortable before or after performing it.

KJ
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I wish Dan would have added a hallmark to the cage with Jim Riser's. His work should be marked and differentiated from Jim's. Both are exceptional craftsmen.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2022, hugmagic wrote:
I wish Dan would have added a hallmark to the cage with Jim Riser's. His work should be marked and differentiated from Jim's. Both are exceptional craftsmen.

I shared your concern with Daniel and he appreciates your feedback and will most likely be making an additional Stamp/Hallmark
www.cesaral.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
9 Baby Lindy’s available now!
www.cesaral.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2022, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
9 Baby Lindy’s available now!

The Walter Blaney "Perfect" Vanishing Birdcage was a cooperative effort spanning a number of years. Walter and I were in touch when he decided that he would like to offer a quality cage to the magic fraternity perhaps 10 years ago. During this time I explained carefully how to make the cages and where to obtain the needed metal but that I did not have the time to make them for him. Walter went from one "builder" to the next. All of them promised him that they could make the cages. One by one they wasted his raw materials and were still unable to make good workable cages. This was a huge let down to Walter. Then along came Daniel Summers who would carefully listen to how the cages needed to be made, who would obtain the required machinery, and who would learn the techniques required. After much expense, learning, and hard work, Daniel was able to produce the Walter Blaney "Perfect" Vanishing Birdcage. It is a thing of beauty to behold and to use.

“Jim Riser”
www.cesaral.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
That's quite and endorsement!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
www.cesaral.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I just started making a new silk parakeet for my Blaney Cage... not too bad for a first attempt. Silk, sponge foam and more than a bit of time.....

Click here to view attached image.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
906 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
I’ll take 2…awesome!
www.cesaral.com
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1429 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On May 18, 2022, JNeal wrote:
I just started making a new silk parakeet for my Blaney Cage... not too bad for a first attempt. Silk, sponge foam and more than a bit of time.....

Outstanding work!
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Thanks guys!

The next few should be a little better. Im not sure what to sell them for.
As you can imagine, they are labor intensive.. its all hand work
visit me @ JNealShow.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Well, I've made about a dozen birds and I found the current iteration is good enough to sell.
The one closest to the camera (sitting on a bead container) is the newest version.

The detailing is more accurate compared to the one in the cage.
These birds are carved from soft sponge foam, then covered with a silk fabric and then detailed... using Sharpies and some other markers.
Finally, glass beads are sewn in for the eyes.

It's still a bit of a time consuming project and consequently, I sell the birds for $35.00 each.
This is a bit more money than the latex canaries that Lupe Nielsen offers at $10.00 or the version that some dealers offer at $22.50.

So those interested can contact me at; JNWonderbiz@gmail.com

Click here to view attached image.
visit me @ JNealShow.com