The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: I love my 3 1/2 of spades (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
While looking for a 3 1/2 of clubs that wasn't jumbo size and also reading some reviews that said certain poker size ones were of inferior quality, I stumbled on this Bicycle 3 1/2 of spades that is actually a refill for one of D@ryl's tricks. Penguin has it. People crack up at how ridiculous this is. They really think you blew it and then when you reveal this card they love it. This is the best $1.56 I've ever spent on magic. Meaning- a trick that cheap that is actually good. I bought it expressly for future table hopping as a fun quickie between other tricks and am so glad I did. Very entertaining. Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
They have a set of all 4 pips for the3 1/2's cards for sale also, fun stuff & I think it was under $5. I use them all the time.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Oh, that's cool. I'll have to check that out.
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
The Magic Apple has them for sure
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I have a 3 1/2 of spades in my gimmicked card collection, and never used it, but reading this has got the wheels in my head turning. I think I'm hatching an idea on how I could put it to use..
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Everyone I show it to laughs. That alone is worth it for me. Smile I currently have a red deck with Double Back and the four aces on top and the 3 1/2 and 7 of spades on the bottom. I can do a couple quickies with this deck depending on how long I have with them (Double Back, Twisting the Aces and the "prediction" 3 1/2 gag) and people love the magic. Leave the 3 set aside and I can also do some regular card tricks with the "standard" deck.

Pull the 3 1/2 off the bottom as a prediction, run the 7 to the top and back to the bottom, Hindu shuffle for¢3 the 7 and then be an actor for a moment when you have "messed up" the trick. They love it!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
For a very long time, I have enjoyed my 3 1/2 of clubs in a modified Red Hot Mama.

It cracks people up.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I'm curious about your trick Bob. I'd like to know the presentation, if not the method. Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12999 Posts

Profile of John C
I keep my laminated 3 in my wallet. I use it as a prediction ala bill Malone. With a little bit if acting its intensely awesome and fun.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
So glad to hear this silly little gaff card gets good reactions - I just ordered one and included a little effect in a card routine I'm working on. I hoped it would be amusing, but was worried people would just think it daft. The posts here have reassured me I made a good choice Smile
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I have 2 of these cards lying around in my gaff card lot, but have never used it...anyone have any good routines they want to share with it? Some of you guys here mention you've done predictions and red hot mama with it, but don't explain how your incorporating the 3 1/2 into the routine...
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Don't roll the dice without it!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
I'm going have to get one of these 3 1/2 card now and give it a try.
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
I had one of these a long time ago, will have to get another one!
stevemorton
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of stevemorton
It's one of my favourite comedy tricks. I love the reaction for the final cut, when I hand over the scissors!
Steve
Paul24243
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Paul24243
Had this card for years and never used it. Looks like I need to give it a try.