The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Hot off the Press! :: Forum Rules (Please Read)! :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hot off the Press - FORUM RULES

OVERVIEW:

It's inevitable that not a week goes by that we don't hear about the next great deck, card clip or other card accessories being released into the playing card community. Some from established deck producers while still others are produced on crowd funding sites such as Kickstarter.

Naturally, we are curious and usually have a question or two floating around in the back of our collective heads. Given all that, It is perfectly natural that we can easily imagine what such a pack of cards, clip, etc. might be like, and what the new deck accessory might do to improve our cardistry skills or how it might add to our vast collection of deck related items. But, until the item is actually obtainable for purchase, we can only use our imaginations and speculate.

That is the purpose of this forum. To provide a place where you can discuss the latest rumors, read announcements and speculate about the obvious hyperbole surrounding many of the upcoming decks, clips and other card accessories that are being released into the playing card community. Will they be the next Federal 52 or instead belong in the dollar store? We ponder the question...

FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES:

Curious about an upcoming deck, card clip or other card related accessory? This is the forum to post your thoughts. THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR REVIEWS. Reviews imply that you actually own and have used the deck, clip, etc. Such posts should be made in our Deck the Halls! forum. Remember, this forum is all about hype and speculation - nothing more, nothing less.

We realize that many of our members have produced either custom decks, original card clips or other playing card accessories. Members who are part of our Magic Café community are more than welcome to let us know about their latest playing card creation provided that they adhere to the following:

While you may post something along the lines of;
"Check out my new deck, it's available at your favorite dealer" or "Come support my new deck on Kickstarter, etc". That's fine.

What I don't want to see is: "Buy my new deck, I take PayPal and you can find it on my site" or "We are now taking pre-orders for my new product, etc" There is a big difference between the two approaches. The former is making members aware of a new offering and telling them to see their dealers while the latter are both blatant ads. Postings that do not comply will be removed without reason or warning given.

Finally, those individuals who come to this forum expecting to receive free advertising, think again. Obvious commercial posts (e.g, Now taking pre-orders, Our new product will ship on ..., We are offering a special if you order now, I accept PayPal, etc) will be removed and the offending member may be banned at the descretion of management. You have been warned. For complete details concerning our advertising polices, Click here!. Happy posting. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks