The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Ups & Down Box (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
Hi TrickyRicky,
Is there any way to show the box empty before you start the routine? I assume not. That for me would make the trick perfect.
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
I think this was originaly put out by supreme magic UK as wizzy dizzy milk phil
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
I am pretty shure it published in one of edwins books . I shall check tommorow when I have time
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I agree it is a good trick. I bet the kids will not figure it out, but the engineers will.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1654 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
The (Ups and Down Box) gimmick is now available in stores as (The Gyro Bowl). Packaged as a no spill bowl for small kids. Same gimmick and well made.
I bought one marketed as (The Spin Bowl)It was on sale for $2.50. At that same sore I bought quite a few of the (Wiper Glasses) all for $2.50 each and also well made.
Tricky Ricky
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
756 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Quote:
On 2014-01-05 12:22, MrKen wrote:
Hi TrickyRicky,
Is there any way to show the box empty before you start the routine? I assume not. That for me would make the trick perfect.

No you can not show the box empty before or after the trick.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
It's interesting but I don't know if it's terribly entertaining. I'd have to give this one a little thought.
Magicforim
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Magicforim
I'm sorry to see some of you performers dissing another man's schtick. Of course you like your routine better ~ it's yours! But I am disappointed to read in the forum, people cutting other people down. No at all classy.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2014, Magicforim wrote:
I'm sorry to see some of you performers dissing another man's schtick. Of course you like your routine better ~ it's yours! But I am disappointed to read in the forum, people cutting other people down. No at all classy.

This one's obviously a troublemaker....the thread has no "dissing". I wonder who?
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1549 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2013, WayneNZ wrote:
Makes a mess on the carpet if the gimmick fails...could cost You a fortune.

I use pennies inside when I do this one outside I use liquid.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
I use liquid no matter inside or out. I feel if you practiced enough you will know how fast or slow for that matter to turn the box so nothing spills. I have never had a spill, I think it comes down to working with your props and knowing them inside and out. I have had other things fail on me during a show and it's mainly been my fault for not working with the prop enough before using it in a show. Lesson learned!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Is this the same as the ups and down box?

https://youtu.be/2iwaF1k9jL4?si=3oYicKbw_ou9NzFp
J Rodriguez
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Very clever box! Looks like it's 2 separate boxes combined. The old hinged appearing/vanishing box combined with the Ups and Down Box mechanism. Very nice especially for $150 considering that's what just the Ups and Down box sells for.

Thanks for sharing!!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7574 Posts

Profile of RNK
Though I would buy it here: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18296#reviews

Save $30!