The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You Oughta Be In Pictures :: Irv Weiner video (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I've been looking for some Irv Weiner video. A while ago there was a video on YouTube of him
performing at a relative's birthday party, but it has since been removed. Are there any others?
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Wow me too! I owned "Soft Dice" many years ago and I read somewhere that Irv was a wonderful raconteur who had been to many fascinating places all over the world and had many stories to tell. He was a person you'd like to hang around with for hours even if he never performed a single magic trick. Those are the kind of magicians I like!
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I got to see him twice. Once a show and a lecture... Fantastic, gentle entertainer with some great magic. I was hoping that the
video of him performing at his aunt's b-day party would surface. I remember the first name as Frances on the video.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Old topic, but I'm bumping it up because I just found this rare video of Irv Weiner performing and wanted to share it.

The video tape (from the late 1970's) is somewhat degraded at the beginning , but still watchable. This gives us a glimpse of what a great performer this man was .

Enjoy --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9gkXTr-O8

PressureFan
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of PressureFan
Wonderful! Thanks for posting. I met Mr. Fingers in a magic shop and saw his college show. I was happy to see his Miracle Princess Card Trick included in The Impostress Princess Expanded.
I hope the birthday party video surfaces.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
He put out a lot of fantastic ideas. Many years ago I used to do his signed coin into nested boxes. It used the traditional circular small plastic boxes... but the boxes were on display the whole time yet the coin appears in the last and smallest of the boxes. He was a genius idea.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
troptron
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of troptron
My understanding is that the video of Mr. Fingers was shot at Northern Illinois University in late 1970. (This is my understanding because Roberto Giobbi said so in the "Magic Memories" that came out today.)