The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Best coin trick for Street (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Double Deception Deluxe by far my favorite
magicianbrady
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of magicianbrady
Sinful by Wayne Houchin and Breakthrough by Johannes Mengel
debjit
View Profile
Loyal user
India
213 Posts

Profile of debjit
I perform an impromptu Coin Body-Loading routine Smile Here is my performance of it in the streets of Prague:
https://facebook.com/debjitmagic/videos/1329449787183832
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2014, TCB wrote:
I love Penn and Tellers version of Misers Dream, where he uses his coims to release a whole bunch of goldfish in a gimmicked tank. That was a really clever twist on a time tested illusion. Teller is actually a pretty good magician

My friend Teller is not a "pretty good" magician!!! He is a very well educated.skillful performer!

BTW, Teller's "Misers Dream" is NOT really a "street trick".

I have presented the coin pail up to 15 times a day when I was working a side show as a teen. It has closed my school show for about 40+ years.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Double deception deluxe and my favorite coin bending routine ox bender using there coin signature on both sides
sandromagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of sandromagic
I love Imagination coins by Garrett Tomas and a coin transposition I learned from a Gregory WIlson's Penguin Live lecture.
Magikgym
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Magikgym
For lay people I would think any repeated coin vanish and reproduction sequence or a spellbound or 3 fly routine.
DrIlluminatus
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DrIlluminatus
A simple one coin routine and some sleeving goes a long way
_W_
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of _W_
Joe Rindfleisch's Wave Vanish is a really visual coin vanish. Other things such as a 3 coin vanish/production, a one coin routine, and a 3-fly can be really effective too.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Quick Answer: Anything you do well that a larger group can see.

For me, I have a very effective Miser's Dream routine. Always gets great reactions, is a crowd stopper. You can involve multiple kids to assist (I prefer to have kids from about 6-11 yrs old) and the parents love it too!
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
kcmagic1
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of kcmagic1
Deciding on a coin trick really depends on when your going to use it in your routine. If you are going to use it as a draw, then you can get away with doing something smaller to make you audience have to come in tight to your edge to see. You can use that to your advantage. I do a simple coins across routine. If you are going to use it as a showcase piece, or aa piece to help build, anything big enough that you would be able to do on a stage. Misers dream is excellent. Anyway, that is just my two cents
Designer of the 1000-G cups - the most durable cups in magic www.kristiancharles.com/1000-g
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
It has been many years since I have posted on the Café.... Curious is Double Deception Deluxe still a strong effect?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2021, paisa23 wrote:
It has been many years since I have posted on the Café.... Curious is Double Deception Deluxe still a strong effect?

Brilliant effect. Paisa, welcome back. You still serving in the Air Force?

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4925
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
Eric Evans has a great routine he uses for the street. Good for building a crowd, and ends up with an oversized "coin." There's DVD on it.
Kozmo has similar routine, he uses for building crowd. It's on his Tales of the Street DVD.
Lastly David Williamson shows neat little Misers Dream tip in his Penguin Magic lecture...doesn't get into his routine, but just shows it as he's flying through stuff...a great way to hold coins, bucket, and show coins dropping in...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
We used to watch Chris Capehart do the miser's dream with the bucket all the time. I also remember him doing a 3-Ring routine and a vanishing silk. This was in Times Square. Catty-corner from the big Monte gang.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
Cellini's routine after he does the wand/purse sequence.jimmy talks a lot does his version nowdays.see both on youtube...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
David asecas
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of David asecas
Eric Evans routine is very good as they say to attract people.
darrylrose
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of darrylrose
I agree, Bag for Life is just such a great effect...Especially with a jumbo change at the end!
Tarabas
View Profile
New user
Germany
50 Posts

Profile of Tarabas
I really like scotch and soda
Halmac
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama USA
169 Posts

Profile of Halmac
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2022, Tarabas wrote:
I really like scotch and soda

Agreed, It is very strong if it transforms in spectators hand!
Hal,
Close Up Awesome-ness
HalSaxonMagic.com