The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Wizard Magic Review :: The Wizard Product Review 155: Tiny Plunger, Wonder Block, Escape, Fortune Teller's Prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3519 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Found the trick. The description says the spec picks a number from 1-10 and the deck opens "like the thick door of a safe and there it is, of course, the spectator's card."

http://www.fabmagic.com/sacabi.html

"
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2389 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for your comments guys.

Barry, I used to do that lock trick years ago and tiny plunger is a totally different principle. The lock trick used magnets, thick packets of cards and other gimmicks. This is a regular deck and a little plunger.

Craig
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yours is a little plunger, Craig? Others only have tiny plungers.

Mine on the other hand...
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2543 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Thanks for clarifying that Craig.

I offer my unreserved apologies to anyone associated with 'tiny plunger' by assuming that they were the same.

As for you Tomsk. You may win the day in the plunger department, but don't even get me started on ballcocks and hoses! Smile
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I love Tiny Plunger. I loved it before it came with two plungers and its own dedicated DVD. (When I first saw Tiny Plunger (about 8 months ago?), all it had was the one ungimmicked plunger and Jon Armstrong's video magic lecture sold by Tannen's (and--with one of the effects from the lecture being Jon's Tiny Plunger routine.) I recently watched Jon performing Tiny Plunger on NBC (with the single plunger) and he killed with it. (See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJZDbjmZLS8 )

By itself it is a wonderful sight gag. When I bring out the tiny plunger, the people around the table usually immediately start laughing. And then I usually offer my my tongue-in-cheek explanation of either stealing it from a Leprechaun during my recent trip to Ireland, or, that I "borrowed" it from my granddaughter's Barbie Doll House.

I also worked out my own routine where I have two selected cards freely selected and then cut into different parts of the deck and yet..the Tiny Plunger managed to simultaneously find both selected cards by one cut of the cards. (Or,...if I occasionally miss on the "one cut" procedure, then,...by two cuts of the cards).

Is this the greatest piece of close-up magic ever created? No, but, IMHO, it is a lot more entertaining than some of the more pedestrian card tricks and card revelations out there.

Did I happen to say that I love Tiny Plunger? (grin)

The foregoing is all just IMHO; your mileage may vary and, judging by the many posts on this thread, probably does. (grin)

Best,

Mike

P.S. I'm also with Dave on the point that "Escape" is a terrific piece of magic. But, that said, "Escape" id not one that I'd probably perform. I can't wait for the two promised cell phone videos from Craig and Dave each performing their respective favorite of this week in front of a real audience made up of real people.

P.P.S. And, in my own mind, I'm still trying to decide if the Tiny Plunger entertainment value might be enhanced or, alternatively, hit with an audience-deflating "Yuk! Factor" if the performer first donned a pair of disposable latex gloves before removing the Tiny Plunger from his pocket. Instinctively, I think it would be the latter (i.e., the "YUK! Factor"). But, maybe,.....for the right crowd......................such as at the local magic club(?).........(grin)
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
A regular deck Craig really?
A bit misleading
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
313 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
Some effects can be done with a borrowed deck so why is that misleading?
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2543 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 11:08, johndevacmaker wrote:
A regular deck Craig really?
A bit misleading

Ah, hang on a minute - so are we talking along similar lines to the safelock trick after all Smile
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Johndevacmaker,

Yes a regular deck. You can borrow a deck and in front of the audience do the work. This is taught on the DVD and isn't any more work that may be done for any other type of card routine. It is a card principle often overlooked, combined with a tiny prop, which adds it's own principles to create a fine piece of entertainment.

You can do an estimation/weighted cards routine with a revelation. Or you can add the plunger and take a simple card trick further than it was before.

Merc Man, no we aren't back to the lock trick I have that effect, it really is a single one phase effect. A nice way to locate a selection. Tiny Plunger uses any deck, nothing outside the deck itself is added.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-05-31 13:36, Merc Man wrote:
As for you Tomsk. You may win the day in the plunger department, but don't even get me started on ballcocks and hoses! Smile

:D
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Scottfridinger

Yes a regular deck with a gimmicked card
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
I wouldn't call it a gimmicked card, to say anymore may be to say too much.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2389 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
It is a regular deck. You have to do something to the deck which can easily done on the fly.

That's one of the things that makes the routine so commercial.

Craig
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2013-06-02 12:24, Scott Fridinger wrote:
Johndevacmaker,

Yes a regular deck. You can borrow a deck and in front of the audience do the work. This is taught on the DVD and isn't any more work that may be done for any other type of card routine. It is a card principle often overlooked, combined with a tiny prop, which adds it's own principles to create a fine piece of entertainment.

You can do an estimation/weighted cards routine with a revelation. Or you can add the plunger and take a simple card trick further than it was before.

Merc Man, no we aren't back to the lock trick I have that effect, it really is a single one phase effect. A nice way to locate a selection. Tiny Plunger uses any deck, nothing outside the deck itself is added.

There has been Several effects over the last few months that use the same Principal so hardly new , I think Craig is on the money this time !
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Agreed Martin
A very overpriced DVD with peanut priced props
If it was a Joe Bloggs that had brought this out would it have been so hyped?

Craig and Scott (still a gimmicked card however you want to dress it)

Get over it Craig
David blew you out of the water on this one
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On 2013-06-04 06:22, johndevacmaker wrote:
Agreed Martin
A very overpriced DVD with peanut priced props
If it was a Joe Bloggs that had brought this out would it have been so hyped?

Craig and Scott (still a gimmicked card however you want to dress it)

Get over it Craig
David blew you out of the water on this one

Anyone not sure then take a look at this months Genii , all the information you need but for Just $5/ £3 , Ok you don't get the John Armstrong and co routines but you can then decide if the DVD is worth an extra £29.00 !!!!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I have had a few PM about my comments re Genii on Tiny Plunger

Take a look at Page 105
brianhurlburt
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia PA
2 Posts

Profile of brianhurlburt
I've done Tiny Plunger for magicians and lay people alike...It's a miracle to more of them than you'd think. Technical difficulty doesn't equal entertainment
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-05-30 13:37, Chessmann wrote:
...After using it with cards, set the deck aside and bring out a mini toilet. Use the plunger on the toilet...

You mean like this? I made these in the 1980's. Barbie Doll-size. This works like the real thing! This would be a good use for it! Smile

Doug

Click here to view attached image.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Funny guy!,,!!!