The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: TeleFoto (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4192 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I agree about the URL, it is a dead giveaway. On the iPhone the URL does not show once the images are loaded so I engage the person in conversation to draw their eyes away from the screen unti the images appear.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I also agree about the url. It could lead a curious spec right to the method. Could a different domain be used?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Chris Cheong,

There's a solution to your concern.

You can embed your teleFoto album in any of your webpages using an HTML iFrame.

Hence, an example URL of your album would be:
http://www.rostamimagic.com/photos

If you don't' know how to use iFrames, google HTML iFrames for an answer. It's pretty easy to use.

I agree with your concerns, but here's what my experience has been with teleFoto.
I've performed teleFoto over a hundred times for almost two months . . . No one has ever traced back the URL to an exposer.

cheers mate,
Greg Rostami
Chris Cheong
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of Chris Cheong
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the solution! Will give it a try.

Again, I have always been enjoying your work! Keep it up!.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Embedding the frame into a blog is exactly what I done, the URL is then genuine and non suspect!

;)
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Love it, will use it. And to solve the issue of using photos from a spectator phone if it comes up you can always do my 21st century photo reading routine from Hexagon. It's impromptu, app free, and can use anyone's photo album as long as you can swipe between pictures.

I love the idea of using this as a technology driven Ascension. It will feel even more organic.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Oh my goodness. Ipredict pro is awesome and I use that all the time....now I will use this all the time love it...but please raise the price....I loved how Ipredict pro was 100 dollars. telefoto should be also!!!!!!!!!!
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
I have to agree with BlakeAdams........... the price for this is far too low!!
Chris Cheong
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of Chris Cheong
Just done doing the Iframe techniques on my website. Now I would say - it is a bullet prove solid materials.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I got this yesterday and love it, just one question... Do you need to have good coverage on both phones for it to work?
I ask this because while playing around with it there was a few times nothing happened if ya know what I mean. ...

Kieran
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Kieran,

Yes, both phones need to have data access for it to work.
If you have a weak internet connection, I wouldn't try it.

We're now working on a way of improving that aspect of teleFoto as well.

Most of the code for teleFoto is in the cloud.
You don't know this, but we are constantly making teleFoto better . . . but you never have to update your app.

One of the many perks of the cloud.
Greg Rostami
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Thank you for your reply greg Smile

Kieran
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Just got this and think it's genius. I wasn't wild about the URL though. I understand why it is the way it is but it's a very weird url to give someone. I decided to use a tinyurl. If you go to tinyurl.com you can create a new url and even personalize it. So you could have your URL be tinyurl.com/whateveryouwant . Keep in mind that tinyurl gets used by a lot of people so personalize it with something fairly unique.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
Quote:
On 2013-12-01 16:38, brad12d3 wrote:
Just got this and think it's genius. I wasn't wild about the URL though. I understand why it is the way it is but it's a very weird url to give someone. I decided to use a tinyurl. If you go to tinyurl.com you can create a new url and even personalize it. So you could have your URL be tinyurl.com/whateveryouwant . Keep in mind that tinyurl gets used by a lot of people so personalize it with something fairly unique

yes you are correct. You can also use bit.ly or j.mp as url shorteners but Greg was cool enough to give us the html code so you can actually enbed TeleFoto directly into your own website. If you haven't already you need to get the TeleFoto Extreme ebook by John Eamon. It will give you all kinds of new ways you can use TeleFoto.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
dd123
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of dd123
Hi Greg. Loving the app! I was wondering though if you had an album that contained a full set of individual playing cards? This would be easy to code into binary and would be a great effect. Apologies if this has already been posted/covered elsewhere months ago!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi dd123,

If you refresh your teleFoto you'll see an album called:

iPredict-*********

That album has all the playing cards, including the joker, in a random order.

all you need to do is give each image a V******** code.
G Ro
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, TX
250 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
I had been working on the memorization method by Harry Lorayne, and Telefoto helped me practice. Harry Lorayne's "How to Develop a Superpower Memory" basically gives you mental tricks, or aids, for linking numbers with images. I used that method to help me learn the Mnemonica stack. Anyways, if you have this in your brain you can basically use tons of pictures. I have uploaded 52 different pictures, but you could keep going. It is a total overkill, but it really pays off. It gives the impression that there's an unending stream of different photos. If you're familiar with this mnemonic system and would like my collection of pictures I'd be happy to share them with anyone. PM me and I'll send you my pictures. Greg, if you think this is worth making available to people let me know and I'll send it your way Smile. However, I am not sure how many crazy people out there have actually gone through the trouble of linking 52 numbers to pictures as Harry Lorayne proposes.
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, TX
250 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
This is the link to the 52 photos I'm talking about in my post above. Enjoy:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0......XMF9VYUU
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
PepeRuizSJ, thanks very much, I downloaded all 52 photos without a problem Smile
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, TX
250 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
That's Great! I hope it serves you and others well. Smile