The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: TeleFoto (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
paulvigil
View Profile
V.I.P.
268 Posts

Profile of paulvigil
Gang,
Our comrade, Greg Rostrami, has made ANOTHER winner!
I've just picked up his new app, "teleFoto," and, as I have said of his other creations, again I feel Greg has pushed the envelope. Preliminary test trials have proven this to be very clever, completely hidden, and totally fun. More details are available here: http://bit.ly/teleFotoOnAppStore and there's a thread below in the APP section, too.
Now, let's all carry Mr. Rostrami, heisted high on our shoulders, the next time we catch this "Devil" in public... then burn him; as he's proven to us, more than once, that he IS a warlock!
If you have any of his previous releases you know just how slick and thorough everything about these wonderful little programs are, and if you've not here's a perfect introduction into his wonderful world of electronic deception.
Dave: Open the pod bay doors, please, HAL. Hello, HAL. Do you read me? Hello, HAL. Do you read me? Do you read me, HAL?
HAL: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.
Similar to the aforementioned 9000 unit (without the counter-agenda), this, too, is "completely operational," has all its circuits "functioning perfectly," and WILL "read" (secretly) for you!
Thanks for reading.
V
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Great post Paul (i love 2001) and a great App Gregg. You are the man when it comes to apps Smile

Best
Sean
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Greg told me I was the first to buy this, I have used it continually since then and can only say that it just blows them away, great App.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of celebrity
It is indeed incredible, ill be posting a more comprehensive review real soon.

If you have a phone capable of downloading this then you MUST get it!

:)
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Why are all the good apps for iphone, the creator is loosing out on loads of customers with android phones!
Should be made compatible for both....

Kieran
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
This one was available first for Android, and I recently purchased it for my Android phone.

John
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On 2013-05-26 08:44, jonnyboy wrote:
This one was available first for Android, and I recently purchased it for my Android phone.

John

Sweet, cheers for letting me know John Smile

Kieran
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have the Android versión, I have just left some posts in the apps section.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Just downloaded.
This has some fascinating potential.
Lots of promise!

e
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Thank you e,

The real joy of creating a product like teleFoto is seeing what you'll make of it.

All the best,
Greg
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Absolutely loving this! I have one niggle with the basic premise and let me explain what I've done to overcome it!

My only concern with using straight photographs is that a spectator may ask can you do this if I choose a photo from my own album, now there may be some line I could think of to cover this but rather than do this I've opted to do the following.

I've created a fake blog on numerology and have embedded some images which explain the meanings behind each of the numbers. Now in my mind because there is a "reading" attached to each of the numbers it makes logical sense that the spectator has to visit this site in order to check if the reading makes sense to them.

This explains why they couldn't just think of the numbers before the reveal.

Also I get a bonus pay off since I just ask for a yes or no answer as to wether the reading is accurate and fits their personality. This yes/no answer allows me to give an excellent "HOT" read as a bonus.

Now you could also create a fake astrology blog and have readings for each of the star signs and do the same. Thus getting a hot read and whilst also gaining their astrological star sign.

If using photographs I'd probably include a word or descriptive tag on it or perhaps a time/date to give a reason why this would only work with the album your providing them.

Hope that makes sense Smile

P.S My Numerology blog version makes "Isabella's Star" a dream to perform Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi celebrity,

I agree with your premise 100%.

I think your performance really motivates why they are visiting a site . . . and it adds an awesome HOT reading element.

SO Clever. I've had a few ideas about using teleFoto, but nothing as good as what you guys are making now.

I'm blown away.
Greg
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of celebrity
My pleasure, I've got a few other ideas under construction too!

Thanks for making this available Smile

Next stop I predict-pro!!!

Best Wishes Michael

magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Not owning this yet but here's a quick idea I had....tell a spectator to think of a number from 1-7, then get them to type in the url on their phone which leads them to a photo album that contains pictures of the 7 wonders of the world,they are to look at the picture that corresponds with their number, you then nail the picture and the number they were thinking of.
That gives it justification as to why your using that photo album.....

Kieran
Paul Shirley
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1206 Posts

Profile of Paul Shirley
Quote:
On 2013-05-26 17:08, celebrity wrote:
Absolutely loving this! I have one niggle with the basic premise and let me explain what I've done to overcome it!

My only concern with using straight photographs is that a spectator may ask can you do this if I choose a photo from my own album, now there may be some line I could think of to cover this but rather than do this I've opted to do the following.

I've created a fake blog on numerology and have embedded some images which explain the meanings behind each of the numbers. Now in my mind because there is a "reading" attached to each of the numbers it makes logical sense that the spectator has to visit this site in order to check if the reading makes sense to them.

This explains why they couldn't just think of the numbers before the reveal.

Also I get a bonus pay off since I just ask for a yes or no answer as to wether the reading is accurate and fits their personality. This yes/no answer allows me to give an excellent "HOT" read as a bonus.

Now you could also create a fake astrology blog and have readings for each of the star signs and do the same. Thus getting a hot read and whilst also gaining their astrological star sign.

If using photographs I'd probably include a word or descriptive tag on it or perhaps a time/date to give a reason why this would only work with the album your providing them.

Hope that makes sense Smile

P.S My Numerology blog version makes "Isabella's Star" a dream to perform Smile

Nice thinking, as always, Michael. Fake Blog is the way forward with this app. I hadn't thought about tying it in to get a one ahead on a star sign etc.. though. Very cool idea. Smile
Chris Cheong
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of Chris Cheong
Greg,

I was a Blackberry user until I came across your apps - that alone gave me the reason to switch to Iphone 5 Smile

Unfortunately, I am located in Malaysia so I din't had the chance to use much of my IPredict+ (Though I brought it)

BUT with that said, I am crazily in love you with 'Doodle'! And I can't wait to get this new one.

Keep up the great work!
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I'm thinking about a random iphone wallpaper generator. They pick a wallpaper they like and after your divining it they can download it... Don't know if it will work, yet.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Downloaded this and started to experiment with this -- really fun, a lot of potential.

My first step of brainstorming involves taking effects I already do and seeing if they can work with this new method. Two that come to mind are...

1) 21st Century Telepathy (Richard Busch, Peek Performances). And along those lines, I'm guessing Leo Boudreau material could be adopted as well.

2) Joshua Quinn's Ascension. I love this routine. Spectator's going to their monthly horoscope not only justifies using the web site, but for those who know and use Ascension, it makes figuring out the spectator's star sign super easy.

I think I'm going to like this TelePhoto!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4192 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Great idea to use it for ascension. Directors cut is another perfect candidate. I love Michael's numerology blog idea too. Four told becomes super easy too. I used this for Hollywood or bust today to good effect. This is a game changer in the right circumstances and the right hands.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Chris Cheong
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
100 Posts

Profile of Chris Cheong
Downloaded - and performed for quite a few times. I would give this 8/10 ratings. The other 2 lost at:

1) I think the "Url" shortner is easy to remember, however, when it redirects - it is too easy to be traced back.

2) The url that was redirected to, exposed it all.

I think that Greg should come out a whole new website for this and make it look genuine photo place (Like how the concept of Doodle.)

That would be great.

BUT above all, this app is a killer!