The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Announcements (Please Read) :: The Magic Box (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
OMG, how lovely! Wiping my eyes as I type.
heybobby08
View Profile
New user
Charlotte, NC
54 Posts

Profile of heybobby08
Fantastic short film.
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
Love it. Great piece.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Thank you for sharing. The legacy continues.........

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9538 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I've watched this again, again, at least a few dozen times by now. It is everything I remember magic to be in my life. It's how I came into the art and eventually became a part of it. I've always remembered one of the tricks my grandfather showed me as a little boy, and then over and over again as I grew up and he grew old. A trick with a dime and a brown paper bag. WOW!

He's gone many years now, but I can still see him doing the trick for me, I can still hear his voice and see my face in absolute wonderment. I came to realize that the real trick was that the magic was never in the dime or the brown paper bag…It was in me, him and us, something that he planted that would last forever.

I hope this little movie was put up for an award for short film, etc., because I think it would win. Not simply because of magic, but because of the absolute beauty of its truth.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
LarkAmgine
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of LarkAmgine
That was beautiful! My grandfather showed me my first trick. He passed a quarter thru his hat. A year later he taught me how to palm a coin. Good memories!! Thanks
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
My grandfather taught me magic and the first trick he gave me was the one where the quarter slides into the box and then disappears and of course reappears. While my original one has long disappeared, I have purchased and given out many, many of them to children over my 65 years.

Two days ago (Dec. 24th) my grandson (Cody - 8 yrs old) and I were looking through Penquin Magic on-line and I told him he could pick out any download he wanted up to $10.00. After watching many videos he and I each downloaded our favorites and I watched in amazement as we learned them together.

I am confident he will always remember our time together learning magic..........I know I will.
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
Beautiful. Today, December 28th is my 59th birthday. I remember my late father and smile. It was MAGIC!.
Keith
SHAZAM!
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
As you might have seen in another thread, I've spent some time figuring out how to create my own magic box effect and made a video of my efforts. If anyone would like to learn from my experience, PM me and I'll supply the link.
Booter
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Booter
That was a great film.
TerryMc
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of TerryMc
I joined the Café for the first time 10 minutes ago and the first thing that happened was you made me cry. With the magic box.
Beautiful.
I'm a grandad
Stephen Milano
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of Stephen Milano
One of my favorites. So telling. So true...
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I just keep coming back here to watch the film a bunch of times. So beautifully made. The music makes me watch with awe like the little kids. I am a grandpa myself and I hope to pass my knowledge onto my grandson. My daughter has specific instruction what to do with all my magic after I am gone. It all goes to my grandson to use and entertain. I just love this little film and it makes me cry everytime I watch it. Thanks for the link Steve.

Steven True
FrostyFeet
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of FrostyFeet
Since I just recently joined this forum I hadn't seen this short. So glad I decided to take a look.
Easily one of the best shorts I have seen.