The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Announcements (Please Read) :: The Magic Box (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey gang,

Just when you think the world of magic has turned into nothing more than ego maniacs out to make a quick buck or filled with back-stabbing bickering fools who could care less about elevating the art...something happens.

Something causes you to pause and remember why you got interested in magic in the first place.

Something comes along and gives you hope, hope that there is still good to be found in our magical world.

Something gives you assurance that magic is indeed in good hands and it makes you smile.

It appears there is hope for the future of magic and there are folks who still care, enough to not complain about others but to set an example that others can follow.

Today that something has let me both smile and cry at the same time.

That something is The Magic Box.

That someone is my friend Paul Wilson.

Thank you Paul - you've just done the best magic I've ever seen you do. Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
A lovely film. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Slartibartfaust
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfaust
Very nice
thank you
There is much wonder in the Great White North
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I found this to be a really powerful video. It's amazing how it can make you feel so much in such a short period of time. Very well done!!!
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
kwhs
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of kwhs
It is May 27 and I just watched The Magic Box. Thank you for sharing this piece of art. It certainly reminded me why I am involved with magic. I am 80 years old and have been performing magic for most of those years. Paul is a true artist.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
It's a great story and that story makes the film magical... even more than the plot or the theme. I loved every second of it.

Paul Wilson is a top magician, not only in his card work. His ring on stick with a Jardine Ellis ring is nothing short of brilliant. So is his coin to glass. So is his Cylinder and Coins... and this is to mention only of what I know of his creative work.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Wouldn't it be wonderful if our legacy could be just as depicted in The Magic Box?
Thank you Steve for sharing and thank you Paul for creating a memorable, magical story.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
CONJACDAN
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of CONJACDAN
With five children of my own and knowing one day I will be a Grandad this is like looking into the future!
Thankyou for sharing this beautiful film.
Macphail
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Macphail
Wow. I'm sitting here in tears.
anubisgrimn
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of anubisgrimn
Beautiful. Also in tears. Thank you Paul.
jimmyjohn123
View Profile

Southern California
0 Posts

Profile of jimmyjohn123
A most excellent video depicting an era of amateur magicians and gentlemen who are rapidly disappearing. Reminds me of my dad, and one of my grandfathers, even though neither were in to magic.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Deeply touching. This is definitely one I'm sharing with my kids.

-Tom
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
secti
View Profile
New user
Houston
1 Post

Profile of secti
Beautiful film. Well done.
Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams. ~ M.E. Kelly
manananmaclir
View Profile
New user
Port Hadlock
60 Posts

Profile of manananmaclir
Thank you. That was very moving.
MikeBeaudet
View Profile
Loyal user
Becancour
228 Posts

Profile of MikeBeaudet
Very nice. That's the magic of our art !
Do your best and forget the rest
Gitte
View Profile
New user
Denmark
1 Post

Profile of Gitte
Yhat boys reaction is the best reason to do magic.
Ed Solomon
View Profile
New user
Ed Solomon
70 Posts

Profile of Ed Solomon
This should be required viewing for every magic class ever taught.. Magic groups worldwide need to see this clip.
Ed
devilstick peat
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of devilstick peat
My son is nearly 2. I'd like to say that he is only just beginning to realize that when I lift the cup up and the ball has gone, it's a bit strange. But to him the strange thing is that when I left him lift the cup up, the ball is still there.
WarPig
View Profile
New user
East Coast, USA
1 Post

Profile of WarPig
I just joined (will post my "hello!" in the noob section soon); was poking around to read up on things before I actually posted and came across this. Well, I had to post - once I stopped bawling. Very emotionally powerful; even though the theme is magic, it's a film that everyone can enjoy.
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
390 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
Well Done!