The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Post here for Tenyo items you are trying to find. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
OK - I posted my list of "Tenyo items you are trying to find", as the title
of this topic suggests.
To cover my bases I also emailed the list to 12 of my friends AND told them to forward it to 12 of their friends or be cursed for life.
Nothing has happened yet!!!
The mailman claims he has no packages for me.
Did I do something wrong?
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
Edshern, I think one of your 12 friends most have broken the 'chain'. It's the only logical explanation!
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Other possible explanations could be the mailman tossed the letter in his basement with all the others he is too lazy to deliver or he is now having a great time playing with some hard to find Tenyo. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
There is no such thing as a "sealed" Henning Floating Lady unless you consider a piece of Scotch tape on a plastic bag sealed.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2013-03-30 20:59, Richard Kaufman wrote:
There is no such thing as a "sealed" Henning Floating Lady unless you consider a piece of Scotch tape on a plastic bag sealed.

Tape? The two other Tenyo Henning items I have are in sealed poly-bags. Sealed with seams, not tape.

Is it different for the the Henning Floating Lady?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

The Henning tricks were bought by Fun Inc. Some are in sealed bags, I guess, but most of the ones I've seen are in clear plastic bags that are just folded over and taped shut. I have seen dozens like this and own several. You have to understand that the whole thing with Henning was a catastrophe. A lot of tricks were purchased from Tenyo and then had to be dumped by various magic dealers when the idea to make the sets was abandoned.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I own a number of DH pieces as well and they are or were heat sealed when I got them. The only packaging I have seen that was taped was the bags for card changers. Not a big deal really... just bored and felt like commenting Smile
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Hey guys anybody got a Doug Henning floating lady to trade? would trade a Crossroads with jap packaging [no plastic clear part] just card part, or wonder window opened but packaged, Tenyo version,or a sealed never opened mirror mate? let me know guys? MM.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I mentioned way above about trading a sealed, mint, The Haunting, or another item (PM me) for a sealed Henning Floating Lady, and I know of another member who also is looking for one, though I don't think he minds if it is sealed.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-03-31 13:46, J M Talbot wrote:
I own a number of DH pieces as well and they are or were heat sealed when I got them. The only packaging I have seen that was taped was the bags for card changers. Not a big deal really... just bored and felt like commenting Smile

You're correct.

All Henning's I have seen are poly-bagged when they are BNIP. I would say any Henning's in bags with tape were done after the fact and should be considered open.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Hey mirror mate, maybe you'll edit the racist slur in your post.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Incorrect: many are in plastic bags, folded over and taped shut.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On 2013-03-31 21:31, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Hey mirror mate, maybe you'll edit the racist slur in your post.

I am guessing (though I could be wrong), he was abbreviating the word.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On 2013-03-31 21:32, Richard Kaufman wrote:

Thankfully all of my Henning items are/were sealed, otherwise would be difficult to know if they were BNIP.
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of sadhu
I'm looking for:
T-153 Diabolicus
T-141 Ming-zag
T-086 Ultra tube
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-03-31 21:32, Richard Kaufman wrote:

I have seen them this way too, but I believe they were opened from a poly-bag and repacked.

There is a chance some may have been distributed this way though. I have about 15 of them and everyone is in a poly-bag.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Yes it was an abbreviation for japan,i should of put jpn,sorry if I caused any offence.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Guys why did the Doug Henning/Tenyo venture fail? its not as though the tricks were crazy spots and Telestar lol,they were all solid tricks like TOD and squeeze play etc. its a bit hard to fathom as to why it never happened?? MM
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

You don't abbreviate a word down to something that is a racist slur, but I realize it was a mistake. You should ask a moderator to fix it for you because it's up here forever if it doesn't get fixed.

As to why the Doug Henning/Tenyo venture failed, I believe it was because the magic sets were going to be too expensive. You have to understand the way retailers in the United States work: everything is pushed to the lowest possible price point. Any magic set with a retail price over $30 is only done as a vanity project. In the case of Henning, I think they were too far down the pike before they realized that they had a product which was too expensive to sell. Also, for many decades, magic sets are pitched based on the number of tricks that you can claim they contain. "200 Magic Tricks!" and that sort of crap. They count every trick in the instruction booklet in that number, which is bogus. The Henning sets only contained 3 or 4 tricks each! Impossible to sell a magic set with only 3 or 4 tricks for $40.
ChasVH
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of ChasVH
Guy's I am looking for a bit of help. I just received the Grand Derby Prediction T-195 I purchased at the big auction site recently (opened) and the directions I received appeared to have been copied because the part that shows you how to do the effect is so dark, I cannot figure out how to do the effect. The instructions are by Steve Cohen and all the words are clear but the one square diagram that shows you how to "do" the effect is a black blob. If anyone would be so kind to shoot me a PDF copy I would appreciate it. You can PM with questions if you want more proof that I actually own it or you can send me the PDF to my email address at cvh@ohvanhorn.com. Thanks

Sorry to Hijack this thread but I thought it was the most appropriate of the current threads without having to make a separate new one.