The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Razor blade illusion (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I got Vest Pocket Razor Blades several years ago from The Magic Depot.

I don't the holder for the exchange, but rather display the blades in an apple, and use the apple for the exchange.
-Matt
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Revisiting this reputation method. Very few have Scott's version. Would hope its worth it. I have used Ellis version in the past. Always after the grail.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
The blades are a staple of my act. I've used quite a few methods, but so far, Dan Sperry's Always Remember to Floss suits me best.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On May 21, 2018, Rook wrote:
The blades are a staple of my act. I've used quite a few methods, but so far, Dan Sperry's Always Remember to Floss suits me best.

Nice.....spectators never forget it.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On May 21, 2018, Decomposed wrote:
Quote:
On May 21, 2018, Rook wrote:

Nice.....spectators never forget it.

Indeed! It seems to be a defining piece for me. I have some significant face and neck scarring that helps sell the effect. I was doing a fundraiser about a month ago, one of the attendees recognized me from another show and called out "Hey, it's the Razor Blade Man!" I probably need to change my stage name to that!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Nice. Yeah I perform almost all mentalism but having a razor routine for certain audiences resonates. Plus not everyone does it! I just do not want to spend $799 right now for the Grail. I can buy a lot of razors for that. Smile
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
The Grail is a myth...just ask Indiana Jones....but its still a nice routine.
I do teach a version with safety pins that could easily be adapted to use razorblades. It's on my fourth Penguin Live lecture at the very beginning. It is really cheap to make and very practical and deceptive.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Scott for chiming in. Interesting, may need to have a looksee fo sho....

Decomposing Throat
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2013, Fábio DeRose wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-06 07:31, Stucky wrote:
That is ridiculous. You don't need a 100$ magnet. You need a strong one (or many strong ones) yes but that is overkill to the extreme.

Yup. I have a neodimium magnet that I purchased for around 20 USD, lol. And that is a VERY powerful magnet we're talking about.

I do not use this method, tho. I use and swear by Tim Ellis' "Ultimate Blades" - The best and safest method, IMO. I devised my own version of the clean-up, guiding the andling towards my own routine, and it's a hge success. I should have a video of it in a couple weeks, since I performed it on TV and it should air soon.

Have to agree, I know this thread was a while ago but Tim Ellis Ultimate Blades- I also have been performing this for 15 years or so now, I perform mainly in the corporate market and in the middle of my show this is a huge effect, Visually stunning, amazing reactions, with great music I also use. Tims method is safe and very clever. No Switching of blades which is the selling point to the audience, Slice a card in two, put the Blades straight into your mouth, 5 normally, swallow the thread and bring out the lot on the thread etc, fabulous effect, very safe, very clever and an audience pleaser