The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Tattoos (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
I was doing a search and didn't see a thread talking about magicians with tattoos. Just curious as to which tattoos you had magic related. I was thinking about getting another tattoo and was curious as to if any of you had any that were magic related, or had pics. Also maybe there are some types of magic effects that can be incorporated into a tattoo (Besides the obvious forcing a card that you have tattooed on yourself).

Chris
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
As a person with many tattoos...

My opinion, magic tattoos are stupid. Magic tricks that use tattoos are stupid.

I say don't do it.

Randi
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I agree that magic tricks using tattoos are not wise.
As I am a magician and a self-professed Disney freak, my daughter is trying to talk me into a tattoo of Mickey posing as a magician.
There is actually a cartoon; "Mickey's Magic Show"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwFdpIfUu94

and this pin is in that vein;

So far, the only things holding me back are; my squeemishness and the expense. If you're going to get an original tattoo, you shouldn't skimp on the cost. So it'll be about $100.

Here's another one where Goofy has to get a magician's trunk onto the 5:00 train. It doesn't end as planned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn9be58goXs
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
There are a couple of regular posters on this forum who have tattoos related to magic that make me cringe. Whatever you do, think long term, what is hip today is plain naff tomorrow. Blimey, I sound like my mum.....
SWiCh
View Profile
New user
UK
67 Posts

Profile of SWiCh
I have a few [subtly placed] tattoos, but none of them do (or will ever!) relate to my work or hobby. They relate to personal, family matters and have deep meaning to me, rather than as a novelty reveal.

I'm not saying don't do it, just be careful what you commit to ...forever is a long time!
Inkluzo
View Profile
New user
Poland
55 Posts

Profile of Inkluzo
I don't agree with some opinions here;)

I have tattoo. And I must say - I love magic, like all of you. I knew, that my first tattoo will be related with magic, cause magic will be always in my life;)

And I'm proud, that I have this awesome tattoo. For me, this "picture" on my skin always wll be very improtant.

And also, this joker hold ace in hand, so I can do trick, that use this. And I don't think, that this is stupid. My spectators also don't think like that, trust me.

Of course, tattoos are not something, that you can do spontaneously.
This stay on whole life on your skin, so remeber it!;)
SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of SatanicBurrito
I think it would be funny to take the Steve-O approach and get the words "YOUR CARD" tattooed on your butt. ( you could say "I have your card on my butt..." for any setup.) Ok, maybe it would be funny for like the first 5 times or so...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Just for fun here is a thread from 2003 with a few pages of discussions on tattoos.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=32
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Why not use tattoo paper, they last about a week and can easily be removed with soapy water a single sheet costs about 3 dollars get it here in Europe craftycomputerpaper.co.uk
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Brannon
View Profile
New user
Austin, TX
29 Posts

Profile of Brannon
I have a tattoo that says "NO RAGRETS" across my chest, and the A is an ace.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
I think a magic tattoo could be cool, but it would take one heck of a good idea for it not to be cheesy. I personally would not get any tattoo just because I would probably regret it later.
Reality is a real killjoy.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I don't have any tattoos, but I think a good magic tattoo would be great!

How about 52-1 in your buttocks?

BTW, isn't the word "buttocks" great?

KJ
oweosc12
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of oweosc12
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:
I think a magic tattoo could be cool, but it would take one heck of a good idea for it not to be cheesy. I personally would not get any tattoo just because I would probably regret it later.

Aha yeah...
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, oweosc12 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2014, ZachDavenport wrote:

Aha yeah...

What do you mean?
Reality is a real killjoy.
ddamen
View Profile
Regular user
Bay Area
140 Posts

Profile of ddamen
Anything can be cool or lame. Years ago in Vegas there was this magician that finished an ambitious card routine by "melting" my "freely chosen" card onto his actual arm tattoo. It was a diverse group of spectators and we all enjoyed the visual
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
780 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I have several tattoos and 2 of them have cards on them. I use them when I can borrow a deck and just one trick.
FoggFactor
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
189 Posts

Profile of FoggFactor
If you think doing a magic trick involving a tattoo is a cool idea, then it's a cool idea. I say go for it.

As far as effects, could get a star tattooed by your elbow. Draw another star on your hand ahead of time using P'ink or SansMind Sharpie, and do a moving tattoo effect. Could be cool.

Also, you can use the same products mentioned above to change a tattoo into a different tattoo. Like send a butterfly back in time to when it was a caterpillar.

Hopefully those ideas help get the creative juices flowing. Also, apologies for how feminine my suggestions are. Feel free to change the shape and insect to more manly stuff like boobs or beer cans.
jordanamystika
View Profile
New user
IN
52 Posts

Profile of jordanamystika
I think if you're going to get a tattoo, make sure it's what you want and enjoy the art. If it aids to your art form of magic as well then great! UV tattoo are an idea as well so that they only reveal under a light.
rugeboy13
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of rugeboy13
Hi guyz, my name is Cristian ,from Venice.
Can please someone tell me how to learn this trick performed by Chris Ramsay?
It start at 4:50.. Thanx

https://youtu.be/i1M153Xyt6M
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
780 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I have multiple tattoos and a few have are magic related. I don't think there is anything wrong with it but get yourself a good artist, because these don't wash off with soap & water.