The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: It's time for a new Tenyo Elite item! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Jason Palter
View Profile
V.I.P.
335 Posts

Profile of Jason Palter
Hello all:

May I first apologize on behalf of my partners Steve, Peter and myself for the delay on an update. As many of you have noticed over the past while, Peter has kindly taken the reigns from Steve and I to do most of the responding for our Tenyo Elite threads here on the Café. But for those of you who do not know yet, my close and dear friend (and one of my business partners on Tenyo Elite) Peter has been diagnosed with cancer. That's the bad news. The good news is that it looks like it will be very treatable, and we will have Peter around for a long, long time!! I don't really want to clog up this thread with the details of his condition, as much of this is Peter's private business. However I was given permission by Pete to disclose this information, and I just wanted everyone to know. He is currently undergoing treatment, and is doing well. With that in mind, Steve and I will try now to do some more of the responses while Peter undergoes treatment. Peter has asked to please send him any well wishes via his email, Facebook, etc. instead of on the Tenyo Elite threads.

I'm sorry to say mirror-mate, but I agree with Julie and JM Talbot: your comments really do come across as offensive, and not really beneficial at all. The problem with writing on a forum as we all know, is that it is relatively "anonymous" and anyone can literally say anything behind the "security" of their computer. The other problem is that when you remove the "personal touch" of an actual face-to-face conversation or a phone call, you also take away much of the true intention and energy of the correspondence. What I mean is that emails, texts and instant messages have no TONE. When you hear someone's voice, you get a good feel for what their intention was in their statement, but when you "read" a message, you cannot always get that feel. So what many of us have learned the hard way, is that you have to literally WRITE your emotions by using smiley faces, LOL, etc. so that people can't mistaken what your true intentions of your words were. Mirror-mate, I know that you are frustrated by the delays (so are we)…..but if you re-read your post perhaps you will see how it can come across as rather abrupt, sarcastic, and not really nice at all. lol

Anyhow so now down to business: For those of you who do not know, the marketing of a magic trick by an individual takes more time, money, energy, and sheer guts (because you're putting yourself "out there" to the magic community who may not like your idea) than you can even imagine. Now when you are marketing a line of tricks like we are, but dealing with the intricacies of ensuring the product meets the standards of a wonderful company like Tenyo (arguably one of the most famous and most respected toy and magic companies in the world)....well suddenly that process of bringing a trick to market gets much more complicated. Don't get me wrong, Tenyo has been amazing to deal with, but there are a lot of things that must be done to honour their original ideas, and stay within the scope of their requests to us.

For our next release, we endeavoured to take on one of Tenyo's more "complicated" tricks to reproduce, and as a result this is taking more time than we anticipated. If you think those of you reading this thread and/or those of you that have written here or to us personally are frustrated by the delays----can you imagine how Peter, Steve and I feel! LOL! It is maddening at times, but it is unfortunately part of the manufacturing process sometimes.

As Peter has stated many times, we are not going to release something inferior or that isn't ready to be put out prematurely (I hate to think how people would react if we rushed a trick to market before it was ready and it was bad quality!). But I hope everyone understands that we will do this as WE see fit, and utilizing a process, method and timeline that is in the best interests of us---not anyone else. That is because we are pouring countless personal hours and funds into this project, ensuring that we are respecting Tenyo's wishes and direction, and being true to the vision that we have for the project. We are going to do each trick release right the FIRST time. If that means that we have to hold off on it a little longer, then we will, and please respect that we have good reasons for any delays.

Tenyo Elite is a labor of love that is costing my parters and I countless amounts of dollars in personal investment, and also taking a great amount of time from other things in our lives. To everyone who is reading this, and perhaps have written rather "unproductive" messages to us demanding we release the next trick:  Please understand that we want this next trick out just as badly as you do, however the tricks will be released in the best interests of OUR timelines, not on anyone else's.

So there is the latest update. We are steadily working on things, and have been dealing with some unforeseen road-blocks and delays. However we are continuing to move forward and will hopefully have more news soon.

Thank you for your time.

Jason
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
275 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
Seeing as the other topic with updates
disappeared, I guess this topic is the next ideal
choice for more updates. Anyone know what
happened to the other topic?
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
Ya, that is kinda weird, the topic just dissapeared.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Yes I think the user MirrorMate was being removed for his recent vulgar language and disrespect for Tenyo and in the process I think the thread was deleted by mistake but I'm not a 100% sure. Please remember Tenyo visits these forums and the descriptive language used by Mirror Mate in regards to their creations will not be tolerated. There are other ways to say something then the words he chose. But we did warn him.
I will see if the old thread can be recovered.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
275 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
Okay. That makes sense. Thanks Peter.
Izzy Jay
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
275 Posts

Profile of Izzy Jay
You're right Peter. I just checked his status (Mirror Mate). It says: This member has been banned from The Magic Café.
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I have to commend the Magic Café for not allowing disrespect towards Peter, Tenyo and the Magic Café. It's a privilege to be able to use this fantastic site to further our knowledge in the art of magic. Its just mind boggling how anyone can be that disrespectful!

Rick
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I actually really hate cencorship in any form. Idiots tend to prove themselves to be just that and people know what they are dealing with.

With that said I did not see what he wrote and I am thankful not to have. There is never a valid reason to be a jerk, especially when dealing with serious issues such as health (I hope it had nothing to do with that).
And even I must aknowledge that internet forums can quickly get out of hand with trolls and insensetive posts.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
This forum (like the Tenyo one) was completly destructed step by step by some negative, vulgar, disrespect peoples.
They now have built their own forum and that's a really, really good news. Hope to don't have to support them anymore and hope they will be very happy in this new place to don't need to come here again.

I wish all the succees to the Tenyo Elite team, and I say Thank you to them to all the work they have done.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
I guess I was fortunate enough to not see these posts before they got deleted.
I'm glad because it is always hard for me to deal with. Like I said on one hand I feel people generally should have the right to say whatever and act however they please... even if it is offensive. It reveals who they are and allows others to judged them on how they act.

On the other hand, on a personal level, I find that kind of behavior reprehensible so it really gets under my skin.

I'm glad I missed it.
auriuspd
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of auriuspd
Any teasers on the next Elite item??
Robert Houdin 78
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Robert Houdin 78
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2017, auriuspd wrote:
Any teasers on the next Elite item??

I'm also looking forward to the next one...
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, I've been super busy, but I'm happy to report that the prototype for our latest Tenyo Elite item is just getting the final touches before it heads off to Japan for approval! I can't say what it is, but I've had a blast fooling everyone with this I've shown it to so far! You guys will enjoy performing this one!

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com