The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Friend of a Friend :: Which urban legend have YOU heard the most? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
Being a medicine doctor in Italy, I've heard more than once the three following urban legends (I do not know if they are restricted to Italy, or have a worldwide distribution):

1) A biker has an accident. The paramedics arrive with the ambulance, and when the helmet is removed, the head of the poor biker splits exactly in two parts;

2) Two lovers (not very young) remain interlaced during sexual intercourse, and must be brought "linked together" with an ambulance to the hospital;

3) A young man finds a beautiful girl, and after a night of love, the girl is gone and in the mirror is written with red lipstic: "Welcome in the world of Aids".
------
This last is a very old one: the first two are rather common!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Quote:

3) A young man finds a beautiful girl, and after a night of love, the girl is gone and in the mirror is written with red lipstic: "Welcome in the world of Aids".
------

It can't be THAT old.... Smile
Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
You are right... Smile But probably it was the first urban legend I've heard in my life in the 80s, from a young woman who studied at the Uni! It's awasome to notice how these urban legends are told around by people who have some instructional basis and education!
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I hear what you're saying. Around us it is common belief in schools that teachers can't apply plasters to cuts on children as it is evidence that they touched them. The Welsh Assembly had to write an official statement saying this was not true.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
We have a site not too far from me
called booger holler where a young girl
was klled by a car.If you go there and stop at
the bottom of the hill and put your car in neutral
Your car will roll up the hill.And they say if you sprinkle
baby powder on the trunk of the car you will see hand print's
of the girl where she pushed the car up the hill.
Todd
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
Alligators (or crocodiles depending on the version) living in abundance in the sewer systems.

I've heard that all my life.
I write and edit text.
James FX
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
178 Posts

Profile of James FX
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 17:34, Gumar Oz DuBar wrote:
Alligators (or crocodiles depending on the version) living in abundance in the sewer systems.

I've heard this too, does anyone know if there's any truth to it?
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
Quote:
On 2014-01-01 12:29, James FX wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 17:34, Gumar Oz DuBar wrote:

I've heard this too, does anyone know if there's any truth to it?

My third grade teacher, when I asked, said, "no". Don't know how legitimate or credible a source she is, but I'm inclined to agree with her.
I write and edit text.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I have it on "good" authority that there is no truth to the crocodile/sewer story - I wait to be proved wrong.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2020 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
At every camp I attended as a boy, we were duly warned about the salt peter in the Caféteria food.

George
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
A friend told me a few weeks back that if a contact lens gets behind the eyeball the body will absorb it and pass it through the flesh until it finally exits the skin via a blister.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
The farting cadaver... oh wait, that isn't a legend, that is true.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2013-09-29 14:19, Makus wrote:
Being a medicine doctor in Italy, I've heard more than once the three following urban legends (I do not know if they are restricted to Italy, or have a worldwide distribution):

1) A biker has an accident. The paramedics arrive with the ambulance, and when the helmet is removed, the head of the poor biker splits exactly in two parts;

2) Two lovers (not very young) remain interlaced during sexual intercourse, and must be brought "linked together" with an ambulance to the hospital;

------

I volunteer as an EMT and number 1 is fairly common, although may not be exactly in half. That's why we call motor cycle helmets brain buckets.

Never had number 2 happen exactly like that but picked up a woman with a lost vibrator inside her. Since the only thing we pull out of there is babies we transported her and let the doctor figure it out.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3830 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I had a teacher that said chewing gum would make you go blind. She wore glasses so I thought she should know.
Nuker
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Nuker
I've heard variations of this in a number of cities in Canada and the US. Always a guy who did it though Smile

So I heard this guy was in building X (the building changes with the city) on the 40th floor and was bragging about how the windows were shatterproof and he would run up to one and bounce off just to scare everyone. One day he tried that in front of some new interns and the window shattered outwards and he fell to his death.

It always sounds plausible because you name a building, say it happened about 5-10 years ago etc. That's how these urban legends seem to work. You're never really sure and you end up checking into it online..... just in case ....
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I remember hearing the window story (a long time ago) and believing it...
alergy
View Profile
New user
Derby, UK
25 Posts

Profile of alergy
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2012, spookyone wrote:
Most of the urban legends that I hear the most are those horrible email "warnings" with the "man in the backseat" style motif. Usually, it's the old one that feeds on female paranoia that there's a man after them, like some stranger hiding under their cars at the gas station and slashing their heels or something. Though I've noticed in the past 5 years that these types of ULs have significantly decreased for whatever reason.

Men hiding in the backseat?
News from 5th September 2014
This Really Happens...
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Blimey, poor bloke, it makes you realise just how good we have got it over here.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1186 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
A favorite of kids near Baltimore was "Black Aggie." On a dare a college student accepted the challenge of sitting on the statues lap at midnight. He was found dead the next day in the arms of the statute.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Aggie
Bob
bbeishline
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of bbeishline
At work some guys were recently discussing how Mr. Rogers was a military sniper before his career as Mr. Rogers, and that he always wore long sleeves to cover up the military sniper bad ass tattoos on his arms. I'd heard that before and knew it was an urban myth, and pointed them to snopes. Some of them really thought it was true.