The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Now that’s funny! :: Who is the funniest magic comedian? (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
To start -- I do like Aldo Colombini (I never get tired of his jokes ...even though they're repeated lecture after lecture)

and I think Mel Mellers is GREAT! I never laughed so hard. He's got two dvds that had such great one liners..
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Ummm besides myself, modest ego plug JK Smile I think Mac King is what I consider the best "comedy magician" and as for "magic comedian" I would have to say Amazing Johnathon.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Lecture is not show!
in humor you can't say who's the best as is mater of taste!
I agree about amazing johnathan, unfortunately his show is for some time pretty bad.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I'll put my vote in for Kohl and company.
Bob.
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
Mac king or michale finney
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Thomosini and wife, The Great Kaplan, Voronin, Tommy Cooper, Ballentine, Zany Blaney, Finney.
Amazing Johnathan is rude, boring and not funny at all.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Absolutely no contest: David Williamson
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Quote:
On 2012-07-23 16:16, spartacus wrote:
Amazing Johnathan is rude, boring and not funny at all.

Seems silly to make a statement like this.

"He has won "Best Comedian" award from Las Vegas Review Journal, Comedian of the Year from Nevada Magazine, Top Ten Acts in Vegas (LVRJ) and is the longest running, most successful solo comic magician in U.S history." -Wikipedia

You may not like him, but that doesn't make him "rude, boring, and not funny at all."

In any regard, Michael Kent is my favorite comedy magician.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I second david williamson
CarlEJones
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, Texas
461 Posts

Profile of CarlEJones
Mac King.
THANK YOU for helping us carry on our laughter ministry in hospitals to kids of ALL ages. Our visits are ALWAYS free. We NEED & DEEPLY appreciate your gifts of magic so that we can do what we do. Please PM me with questions or, for a faster reply, in most cases please text or call 214-578-1601

https://youtu.be/2DbAdXKIf-A
https://youtu.be/sXXXyk6LJgE
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I was just on the disney cruise ship "Fantasy" and had the fortunate pleasure of seeing David Williamson perform. He was absolutely hilarous! I am also a big fan of Michael Finney and Michael Kent.
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Amazing Jonathan
MarceloElGrande
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of MarceloElGrande
Jeff Hobson, David Williamson and Mel Mellers
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." (Steve Martin)
"We are all amateurs, life is too short for us to be anything else" (Charlie Chaplin)
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Dana Daniels and Mac King. Stan Allen is great too!
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
Odd the same names tend to come up from the last 20 years or so. Anybody here seen Ferrell Dillon, Derek Hughes, David Lovering, Erik Tait, Rob Zabrecky, Fitzgerald, Eric Buss? All of these guys are as funny if not funnier than the names above.

Also... How dare you all for not mentioning the venerable Billy McComb. Shame on all of you.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
If I had to pick one, David Williamson for sure. Mac King and Michael Finney are great to me too though, and sometimes it just depends on what mood I'm in, since to me they are funny in different ways.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1881 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Magic magazine of April 2008 had "TOP TEN FUNNIEST ACTS IN MAGIC TODAY". They were preselected by a panel of around 30 people who suggested top magic comedy acts they knew. They received a list of almost 100 names. Then around 30 people of that list was contacted and asked to choose their top ten. So comedy magicians themselves made the list. All acts had to be still working as the time of writing that article. Their list was

10. Kohl&Company
9. John Carney aka Mr.Mysto
8. Michael Finney
7. Penn and Teller
6. Jeff Hobson
5. Carl Ballantine
4. Johnny Thompson
3. Amazing Johnathan
2. David Williamson
and...
1. Mac King

I don't agree with every name on the list but most of my top comedy magicians are there. Gotta remember that if Mullica was still active he would certainly place in the list. Bill Malone not being in top 10 was a minor suprise. Also on top 30 that could have made into top 10 in my mind are Levent, Ed Alonzo, Dana Daniels, Wayne Dobson, Steve Bargatze, Fielding west, Tom Burgoon...

Also comedy has a lot to do with personal taste. I know many people who don't like Hobson because of his character and I personally don't find Mellers even remotely funny but many people like him a lot.

So just by looking at those names it becomes clear that naming just one isn't possible. Especially since some of them can be really appreciated only live. I personally cant even call one favourite over the top. The whole magic issue of april 2008 is devoded to comedy magic and I highly recommend it Smile

Juha-Matti
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I like Whit "Pop" Haydn, Mac King and David Williamson
Rui
View Profile
New user
Tavira, Portugal
19 Posts

Profile of Rui
I vote for David Williamson. Hands down.

Cheers,

Rui
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
"Who is the funniest magic comedian?"

I haven't seen them all so I couldn't possibly know. Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw