The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Essential Magic Conference :: Essential Magic Conference 27 - 29 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
The world's first web conference with 33 speakers (which will be announced shortly).
http://www.essentialmagicconference.com
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Speakers for EMC2012

Each week we will be announcing 3 of the 33 magicians who will be appearing at the Essential Magic Conference. This week it is:

Bill Malone
Bill Malone is a highly skilled card magician but when he performs you are too busy laughing to notice. Skill and entertainment in one magnificent bundle. Classic magic with commercial twist. We are delighted to welcome this astounding man to EMC.

Chris Kenner
Chris Kenner is a phenomenon. He created the famous Threefly routine, he wrote Totally Out of Control, he advises Theory11 and he is the executive producer for David Copperfield. No one knows magic like Chris Kenner. It is an honour to have him at EMC.

Paul Harris
A legend in magic will be appearing at EMC 2012. Paul Harris’ influence on contemporary magic runs deep. Known for his ingenious methods, super cool presentations and, above all, his dedication to the art of astonishment, Paul Harris is a real star of magic. Welcome Paul, EMC awaits.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
More EMC2012 Speakers

This week’s incredibly talented trio is:

Armando Lucero
We are proud to reveal that Armando Lucero will be joining us. He is one of the finest sleight of hand magicians in the world. Beautiful, elegant and profound. His work with cards and coins takes the performance of magic to a new artistic level. Do not miss!

Denis Behr
Denis is one of Germany’s top card men. The Session called him “one of the finest technicians alive.” He is the author of Handcrafted Card Magic and the creator of the Magic Book Archive (www.archive.denisbehr.de), an online searchable database of card magic. Denis combines strong magic with a keen understanding of technique. If you love cards, you’ll love Denis.

Marco Tempest
Marco is one of the founders of the Essential Magic Conference, a magician who really understands the power and possibilities of the internet. He combines magic and digital technology in new and innovative ways to create unique performances. This year he astounded audiences at the world renowned TED conference in Long Beach. See him live at EMC.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
This lineup just keeps getting better. I didn't register for the last 2 but I am planning to register for this one.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
I will register today. There are 27 more speakers to be announced. Can' wait for july to be here.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
More EMC2012 Speakers
Please welcome three more incredible speakers to the Essential Magic Conference. They are:

Tom Stone
Sweden’s Tom Stone is highly regarded for his creative insight into the art of magic. His popular articles in Genii magazine brought Tom’s thinking to a wider audience. His best-selling books, Vortex and Maelstrom, have cemented Tom’s reputation as one of contemporary magic’s most innovative thinkers. Be at EMC2012 to meet a true original in the world of magic.

Graham Jolley
Graham is one of Britain’s top mentalists and one of the magicians who fooled Penn & Teller on their British television series. Known for his razor sharp wit and rapid-fire mind reading, Graham is one of the UK’s top comedy performers. His inspirations are Al Koran and Chan Canasta and he brings a uniquely entertaining style to this genre of magic.

Yigal Mesika
Levitation, animation and telekinesis are Yigal’s specialty and over the years he has created some unusual tools and gimmicks that enable magicians to make these dream effects a reality. He is the creator of Spider Pen, Tarantula, Electric Touch and many other ideas that have found their way into the working performer’s repertoire. See the inventive Yigal live at EMC2012.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
More EMC2012 Speakers
Is this the greatest list of speakers at any conference this year? We think so. Here are three more awesome Speakers who will help make EMC the don’t miss magic event of the year. Please welcome:

Daniel Madison
Deception artist Daniel Madison is new to EMC. Daniel is a former card cheat turned card expert, famous for his skill at the card table, his knowledge of hustles and facility with sleight of hand. “I have never seen someone do it better,” said Penn Jillette of Daniel’s dealing work. See the card master for yourself at EMC.

Eric Mead
Yes, Eric is back! Eric is a multi-talented magician. An expert in sleight of hand he is a speaker and consultant on all areas of deception and his advice is sought out by beginners and experts alike. He is the author of Tangled Web, a book detailing some of his favourite effects, and has presented lectures all over the world on topics as diverse as the placebo effect and neuroscience. Welcome back Eric.

Woody Aragón
This Spanish maestro really knows how to deliver astounding routines. His A Book in English, was a best-seller. His card magic is subtle and ingenious. Woody specializes in creating wonderfully baffling automatic card tricks that really have an impact on the audience. Join us and prepare to be amazed at Woody Aragon’s originality, invention and delightful presentation.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
609 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Just registered and looking forward to another great convention!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Anyone has seen the previous conferences and can tell us how its running?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
More EMC2012 Speakers!
We can’t help shouting about it. EMC2012 is going to be the most astonishing magic conference this year. Here are three more incredible performers who will be joining us in the world’s only digital conference for magic and magicians.

Yaan Frisch
FISM award winner and French magic champion Yann Frisch is one of magic’s freshest talents. Yann has been creating a sensation wherever he goes with his unique take on classic magic, an absurdist take on the cups and balls. Cool, clever, stylish and oh so artful. We are proud to have one of France’s top performers at EMC.

Guy Hollingworth
Guy Hollingworth is one of the world’s leading sleight of hand artists. His most famous effect is probably The Reformation, an impossible torn and restored card. His book Drawing Room Deceptions is a one of magic’s contemporary classics. His theatre show, The Expert at the Card Table, has played to packed houses and rave reviews. For us he is the personification of elegant conjuring and we look forward to his return to EMC.

Jansenson
From Argentina we are excited to introduce the wonderful Norberto Janenson, a magician who brings theatre and storytelling to his magic. He is a favourite of Rene Lavand, combining culture, literature and mystery to create a unique theatrical, spiritual and emotional experience for his audience. He is famous for his theatre and television appearances in Argentina. Welcome Jansenson!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Time to announce three more of the 33 featured artists at this year’s Essential Magic Conference. This is without doubt the year’s most spectacular list of performers, creators and thinkers in magic. Register now and get the Early Bird bonuses!

David Williamson
David Williamson is one of the greatest performers that magic has ever produced. He combines skill and comedy in way that no one else can. His magic is outstanding, his style is unique and his sense of humour leaves us breathless. David Williamson is a real star of magic

Paul Daniels
Paul Daniels is Britain’s most successful television magician, a truly talented performer with a lifetime of experience to share. His long running BBC television series influenced a generation of magicians. He is a performer, creator, consultant and a great friend to EMC. Paul, welcome back.

Eberhard Riese
Eberhard Riese is the secret weapon behind many of the world’s top performers. He is a magician with enormous technical knowledge and theatrical experience and director of many awarding winning magic acts. In 2006 he was awarded the Creative Fellowship by the Academy of Magical Arts in Los Angeles.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Last chance for
Early Bird Registration!
Register before May 31st and get a 25% discount on all Essential Magic Collection products. This includes the highly praised DVDs of Dani DaOrtiz, Lennart Green, Rene Lavand, Luis de Matos and past EMC DVDs.
http://www.essentialmagiccollection.com

The Wow Factor at EMC!

Please welcome three more Speakers to EMC’s astonishing line up of 33 amazing magicians. Three of the world’s greatest professional magicians, from France, Germany and the USA. Register now and get the Early Bird bonuses!

Gaetan Bloom
Gaetan Bloom is one of the most ingenious magicians on the planet. He has a knack for creating entertaining effects made possible by devilishly clever methods that not only fool laypeople but destroy magicians. Best of all, his thinking often make his tricks delightfully easy to do. Gaetan, we look forward to you fooling us again.

Steve Cohen
Steve Cohen is known as “the millionaires’ magician” working for a stylish clientele at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York where he has established a unique salon show. The show draws rave reviews and has earned a very special place in the world of magic. Meet this virtuoso of conjuring at EMC and learn what it takes to make a dream come true.

Topas
Topas is a World Champion Manipulator. His dexterity has taken him around the world. He was awarded Grand Prix Magiques de Monte Carlo and World Magic Award 2008 in the USA. None of this prepares you for Topas because he’s also one of the funniest guys in magic. Brilliant performer. Crazy ideas. If you saw him at EMC last year, tell your friends that he’s here again. Welcome back Topas.

Watch EMC right now!
Visit the EMC website this week and watch sessions from previous conferences at no cost. Between now and July, we’ll show free screenings of past conferences. Incredible magicians. Amazing talks and presentations. Enjoy the screenings and then register for this year’s Essential Magic Conference.

A $3500 MEGA BONUS!
Register before 31st May and you will automatically be entered for our EMC Prize Draw. The lucky winner will receive $3500 of magic tricks, props and DVDs. This is our biggest prize draw yet and all thanks to the generosity of Tim Trono and Murphy’s Magic Supplies. Click here to download full content list.

FOLLOW EMC

essentialmagicconference.com
riju1985
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of riju1985
I enrolled for the last two times.
This time also went with PENGUIN MAGIC all LIVE access pass.
Last two times it was FUN.
I enjoyed the lectures very much.
Getting a chance to listen to 33 top minds to speak on various topics of our ART is really enriching.
I personally enjoyed a lot.
Lot of thoughts,FUN and magic flows during those 3 days.
This is the last in the Trilogy.
I am highly excited.
Specially being in INDIA getting to listen to these stalwarts is HUGE to me.
LUIS will go to any extent to make sure that you enjoy EMC.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Bill Ma-lone!
Astonish Inc
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Astonish Inc
If the last two years are any indication on the level of quality I am, as should you all be, SUPER PUMPED!
Hoping to see you all there

All the best

Austin Albert
Astonish Inc
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Astonish Inc
Just Thought I would jump out and shamelessly promote the new Magic Blog:Adventures in astonishment

For anyone still on the fence and unsure as to whether or not attend this year I suggest you watch this review On the EMC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRxQ9lgu7o

It is the only one that I know of and it sold Me.But, then again, it is my blog so...

All my Love

Austin Albert
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
The world’s greatest magic conference is almost upon us. Here are five more incredible magicians who will be appearing at the Essential Magic Conference this year. Please say hello to:

Dani DaOrtiz
Dani DaOrtiz created a sensation when he appeared at our very first conference. Since then he has gone on to baffle magicians all over the world with his astonishingly brilliant magic. His Utopia DVD went on to become a best-seller. Now he is back with more sensational magic.

Luis Piedrahita
Movie buffs will recognize Luis as the writer and director Fermat’s Room, a Spanish thriller. He’s also one of the most exciting magicians in Spain. Magician, writer, director and comedian, you will love the multi-talented Luis Piedrahita and we are very pleased to be welcoming him to EMC.

Max Maven
Max is a real legend in the world of magic. A creator, writer and showman of the first order. We could not put on EMC without him. One of the few able to baffle even the most well posted of magicians, Max is without doubt one of the most knowledgeable people we know and one of the most generous too. Thank you Max.

Michel Clavello
Michel Clavello is one of the co-owners of Vernet Magic, the pioneering makers of thumbtips and other indispensible gimmicks and accessories. Michel is an authority on the secrets of the holdout. With this specialized gimmick, the “invisible hand,’ he accomplishes absolute miracles. Meet Michel Clavello at this year’s Essential Magic Conference.

Richard Wiseman
Richard Wiseman is a Professor of Psychology at the University at Hertfordshire. He’s an accomplished magician and an expert on deception. He appears frequently on the media, has written over 60 academic articles and several books, including The Luck Factor, Quirkology, 59 Seconds and Paranormality. He also creates amazing demonstrations of psychological trickery including the much copied You Tube hit, The Colour Changing Card Trick. It’s a pleasure to welcome him back to EMC.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2579 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
No reviews after a huge conference?
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack