The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Time after time :: What motivates you? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1368 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
What book (magic or non-magic related) motivates you? Also is there a DVD that does the same?

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1368 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Well, I'll start. I favor sport movies, Rudy, Rocky I, Miracle etc. Magic wise old videos of David Copperfield, World's Greatest Magic I & Lance Burton's dove act. This fires me up to practice, practice, practice!!!

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
I love to watch anything with Michael Ammar. He just has a way with words
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
The money for one. Big pay days really make me give just that much more to the art that I am blessed to get paid to do.

Other times is having something new that really helps to keep me interested.
Believing
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Believing
Watching videos of Lennart Green doing cardwork motivates me; he's so good with cards, makes me want to do better.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Some of my favorite motivational material comes from authors such as Brian Tracy ('Maximum Achievement', 'Change Your Thinking Change Your Life', 'Speak to Win', etc.); Les Brown ('Live Your Dreams', 'It's Not Over Until You Win', etc.); David J. Schwartz ('The Magic of Thinking Big'). Steve Martin's 'Born Standing Up' describes the trials and tribulations of an entertainer's life (will either inspire you or discourage you completely if you can't take the hardship involved).

Magically, I have always enjoyed 'The Fitzkee Trilogy', 'Tarbell', and anything from the mind of Max Maven (Phil Goldstein) and Eugene Burger.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Tryllejakob
View Profile
New user
Denmark
51 Posts

Profile of Tryllejakob
Le Plus Grand Cabaret du Monde

Idears from.
Tom Stone
Paul Gordon
R. Paul Wilson
Rune Klan
Max Maven
Best Regards

Jakob Rasmussen
Denmark

www.magicshow.dk
Magic-Scott
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Magic-Scott
Dai Vernon - Revelations series
ronnyman
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of ronnyman
Anything fiction. Sometimes I just need to give my brains and hands a break. I'll take a book and go hide somewhere and forget about magic for a while.
Ricardini24
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Ricardini24
To be honest, and I'm not sure I should really be admitting to this in public but, sitting down to watch a Harry Potter movie, especially the earlier to middle order ones. always seems to get me thinking creatively.

Beside the obvious magical content of the films I think it is the music and the production style that gets me thinking of creating new effects. Puts me in mind of doing something that really has a feel of the impossible about it.

Richie.
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
For me its seeing people that are better than me at what I am trying to accomplish so I know that it is possible to do what I am trying to do as well as so that I can tell myself everyday you are not trying to accomplish this goal that person is already moved onto something else!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
It's a double edged sword- Tommy Wonder. Watching his old vids is motivating and tremendously discouraging at the same time!

Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Reading
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Excellent performances motivate me. When I see an excellent performance, act, or show. It get my juices flowing for week or two.
Soniczjx
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Soniczjx
For books, Mr. Tommy Wonder's books motivate me. For videos, all Mr. Lance Burton's act really let me feel magic and inspired me and motivated me!
kidnapped1853
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of kidnapped1853
For me, its music. Music is not only motivating but may also help with creativity. Andre Kole once told me that he found classical music to be inspirational when creating a new illusion.