The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Psychic Pad Folio by Banachek (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Nique,

What I found works great is just start pretend writing things like you are picking up on thoughts and as you are looking into the audience "do what needs to be done" then look back down and continue to write and start talking. That's what I do and it works nicely.

Good magic to all,

Eric
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Thanks Eric.

Will work on the movement of the cards without looking too much.

Am really looking forward to trying out using the pad in my next few gigs; though the drawing dupe clashes with the current 4DT I'm doing.
No matter, will figure something out!
Thanks for the help folks.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1087 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Also, keep you arm from moving, try to keep the movement to the and behind the pad. Them nothing can be seen, but as someone else said, if writing all over you pad, the movement will not be noticed at all. Only you will feel like you are doing something that needs to be hidden.
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
Has anyone else purchased this from Craig at Promystic to get the free bonus routine?
cchesmark
View Profile
New user
Houston
33 Posts

Profile of cchesmark
I just ordered my Pad Folio! I'm very excited to come up with a routine that is different than Banachek's... but it's soooo tempting to simply copy the master!
Chad Chesmark / Corporate & Cruise Ship Magician & Mentalist
www.ChadChesmark.com
Magician in Houston, Texas
https://texasschoolshows.com/MAGICIAN-IN-HOUSTON
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4008 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
That's using your head, cc.

I don't think I've even begun to scrape the surface of what can be done with this prop. It's very much like a utility device in that it can be used in SO many ways and for so many things. Simple design and utterly endless possibilities.

You're in for a treat.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
cchesmark
View Profile
New user
Houston
33 Posts

Profile of cchesmark
I just received mine. I had actually considered making my own as Banachek described in is PSI DVD series. Now that I have it, I'm so glad that I didn't try to make my own. This thing is beautiful and certainly worth the investment!!
Chad Chesmark / Corporate & Cruise Ship Magician & Mentalist
www.ChadChesmark.com
Magician in Houston, Texas
https://texasschoolshows.com/MAGICIAN-IN-HOUSTON
TM
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of TM
Which Psi series DVD is it described in!?
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Volume 2.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Volume 8
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
This is a product of potentially infinite utility. I use it in every show, and I can say without exaggeration that it's proven to be the proverbial "reputation maker" for me. For working mentalists, this can't be recommended highly enough.
Mondeaux
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Mondeaux
I attended a Banachek Lecture and was blown away by this ingenious pad. I've been meaning to put one together via his instructions on his DVD series. In my mind, 159.00 seemed a bit high for this gimmick. Now that I know he goes deeper into Q&A, and the fact that I'm sure the quality is top notch, I am going to buy it for sure.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3255 Posts

Profile of NeilS
It is the ease of handling that makes the Folio such a joy. I use it in my every show.
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 08:16, NeilS wrote:
It is the ease of handling that makes the Folio such a joy. I use it in my every show.
its not only easy but its about as deceptive as any method I've ever encountered. This is the perfect tool. All it needs is you the performer to bring it to life. Another great product by Banachek.
Steve
rpierce
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire - USA
1220 Posts

Profile of rpierce
This is my device of choice - The real beauty goes beyond Banacheks presentation that you get with it, but I get 3 effects out of this one totally deceptive device, spread out over my entire show. I would have to say I could get 45 minutes out of this one device alone and no one sees it coming. The best one, occurring long after, is my Q&A.
foretold
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of foretold
I've always wanted to work in Q&A in my act and this device has made it not only possible but fun. I don't have to be worried about the method. Just wondering if most of you are using the Banachek presentation or are there variations anyone would care to share?
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2842 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Banachek's Psychic Pad Folio, and the additional content which comes on the data disc, are a class act, as you would expect from Banachek. The first 4 minutes of the 14:30 minute video shows the DD performance, which is the same performance as what is on the PSI Series DVD. The next 10 minutes of the video are also from the PSI series DVD, with Banachek explaining to Scott Wells how he made the original Pad, and how viewers can make their own pad. This video was recorded before Banachek offered ready made Psychic Pad Folios for sale. The last 30 seconds of the video instruct the reader to read the PDF which contains "touches, improvements and details discovered since the video was shot". The PDF has lots of handling tips and ideas for additional routines. There is no video performance of Banachek doing his Q&A routine, only the DD, then talking about the Q&A conceptually.

I've had the PSI series DVDs for a few years, and never constructed my own pad, deciding to purchase the one produced by Banachek. It's well made, and works beautifully.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1887 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Looking for some performance footage of Banachek doing his latest handling of the DD as well as the Q&A LIVE?

Wait until his Penguin Live Lecture hits...

It's available below and it's stunning.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7994

XX,
-Jacob
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2842 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Really looking forward to Banachek's lecture! Sure to be outstanding.
Gordon Astley
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Gordon Astley
I have just purchased a ‘pre-loved’ one of these. Unfortunately it does not have the attached DVD or PDF. Can anyone of you lovely people help me ? Plus, if anyone here in the UK has one, would they message me, please ? Thank you, in anticipation !
Gordon Astley