The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Psychic Pad Folio by Banachek (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Quote:
On 2011-12-24 17:52, David Thiel wrote:
There's one thing I KNOW without a doubt -- literally everything Banachek has put out is tried, tested and carefully thought out before it hits the market. Everything is designed by a performer FOR performers.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I actually have three of his 3B-CM's simply because they're the best NW's around. I have one for stage, one for strolling, and a third as a backup. It's that dang good. Believe me I went through and tried every similar item I could find.

I guess I should amend my initial post to say that I'm not really concerned about the quality... It's Banachek. I have no question that whatever it is, it's great.

My thoughts were that it was an ID, but I didn't want to assume. I'm glad I didn't.

I guess I'm more just trying to figure out what can be accomplished with the device and under what conditions it's a good fit. The HP description leaves me with a lot of questions. It sounds like I may need to track down a copy of the DVD.

The point of my post is this: There's a lot of incredible products out there that aren't always a good fit for every entertainer. My question isn't "does this suck or not?". I'm just trying to get a better idea of whether or not it's a good individual fit for me.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
This is terrific and we had the benefit of seeing it in action when Banachek came to London. Highly versatile and practical.

Ideally, an A4 version would be great Smile

Best wishes

Dr Todd
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2011-12-26 00:11, Mystical Matthew wrote:
My question isn't "does this suck or not?". I'm just trying to get a better idea of whether or not it's a good individual fit for me.

Yeah, it suck a lot as you wrote earlier all Banachek product suck...lol
Sorry, you said the opposite, so what was you question? Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
AlJones
View Profile
New user
Cornwall UK
11 Posts

Profile of AlJones
I really love Banachek's thinking... I made the assumption it was a development he 'tipped' in his excellent video series. I made and use a version as suggested on these. The idea is brilliant and 'works' in the real world....

It is on my shopping list as even if there is only a small development in the 'folio' Banacheks additional thinking and routining will be the REAL secrets here.

Alan
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1087 Posts

Profile of Banachek
We thought of making an A4 version but due to limit of sales to start it might not be worth it and we could lose money in the manufacturing process. We will look at sales of this product and reconsider in a few months. Meanwhile it is possible to take an A4, put it in a cutting machine and shorten. I had to do that once when in Europe. In other words you would have to take the pad insert when ready to refill and either cut it yourself or have an office supply put it in their cutter and remove .69 of an inch from the bottom. You could use the pad included as a guide.

http://www.banachekproducts.com
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2011-12-26 17:43, Banachek wrote:
We thought of making an A4 version but due to limit of sales to start it might not be worth it and we could lose money in the manufacturing process. We will look at sales of this product and reconsider in a few months. Meanwhile it is possible to take an A4, put it in a cutting machine and shorten. I had to do that once when in Europe. In other words you would have to take the pad insert when ready to refill and either cut it yourself or have an office supply put it in their cutter and remove .69 of an inch from the bottom. You could use the pad included as a guide.

Sounds great. The retailers here are really marking up the price for some reason. Hocus Pocus sell it for 159 USD, which is about 100 GBP, but the shops here are selling it for 129 GBP....I know this is not your problem Banachek, but I was amazed at the difference.

For users in the UK, this will pay back in spades if you do Q n A, mind reading, add a number or design duplications...all of which are possible with this. Great look and feel, slim to carry and ideal for a large corporate audience.

Best wishes

Dr Todd
LukeB
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of LukeB
Looking forward to a review David
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2567 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Guys,

I have no relation to Banachek, but I do know what this is, for anyone that has seen Psi Series or has attended Banacheks lecture at some point, Banachek uses this in every single show he does.

there are tons of routines and possibilities you can perform with this, but the most famous one, would probably have to be the Q&A and drawing duplication at the end.

The reason I know, is because I made one of these up myself, and it has served me well, just like Ray Noble, mine looks homemade, and might not be as thin as the new Psychic Pad Folio.

If anyone has the Asylum DVD where Berglas and Banachek lecture, you can see the whole routine on there, but.....that is only one thing you can do with this device.....there are so many other possibilities which Banachek hasnt shared with anyone until now..... I believe when you buy this you get the Psychic Pad Folio, as well as a DVD with all the routines that werent previously available.

For what its worth, even if you only do the Q&A with the drawing duplication at the end, that to me is worth the price, and even though I made up my own, I will still purchase this, since I believe the quality will be better to what I made up with what I found lying around.....plus you get Banacheks years of experience using it, and ideas, subtleties, and more.

I will purchase this, and will use it.

Just wanted to let buyers know what they are getting.

I will say more once I received it, but you all get the jist of whats provided in the package.

Thanks again

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
I don't see a video DVD on the list, only a data DVD with a PDF. But regardless, this is the cleanest way to lead into Q&A I have ever seen. If you haven't tried to make your own, I would recommend getting this, so that you can get other ideas for using it. Plus I assume it will be manufactured more effectively than one you could make at home.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I'm wonder how can we listen somebody says it's incredible but don't have the final product?
Does this kind of "review" has some value?
Best will be to write review when you have it no?
Btw, I don't think any banachek product need this kind of "no review".
We know all what worth his products, even it will be bettre for the psychic pad to doesn't have this kind of post.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2011-12-28 05:23, parmenion wrote:
I'm wonder how can we listen somebody says it's incredible but don't have the final product?
Does this kind of "review" has some value?
Best will be to write review when you have it no?
Btw, I don't think any banachek product need this kind of "no review".
We know all what worth his products, even it will be bettre for the psychic pad to doesn't have this kind of post.

There are people here that KNOW what this is. The final product is just as the picture shows and how we know it will be. We have seen it in action and know what it is used for and are pleased.

If a person knew what it was and what it did along with watching it used in a routine with their own eyes, then we won't need a review with product in hand.

Ray
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1954 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Quote:
On 2011-12-27 02:33, DrTodd wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-12-26 17:43, Banachek wrote:

Sounds great. The retailers here are really marking up the price for some reason. Hocus Pocus sell it for 159 USD, which is about 100 GBP, but the shops here are selling it for 129 GBP....I know this is not your problem Banachek, but I was amazed at the difference.

For users in the UK, this will pay back in spades if you do Q n A, mind reading, add a number or design duplications...all of which are possible with this. Great look and feel, slim to carry and ideal for a large corporate audience.

Best wishes

Dr Todd

You can actually find for £113.75 here: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p21238/Psychi......nfo.html . Very reasonable price.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2011-12-28 05:23, parmenion wrote:

Who, in this thread, said that it was "incredible"?
T.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1158 Posts

Profile of r1z08
When I first came across this folio in Banachek's Psi Series I was highly impressed with its simplicity and versatility. Sure, the Psi Series only gives you a taste of what can be done with this device, but anyone with a half a creative brain can see that the possibilities with it are vast.

After seeing this folio in action I immediately went out to purchase the materials to put one together myself. This is where I ran into a problem. The construction of my pad, as others have said, looked like it was put together at home and that doesn't fly with my standards.

In comes the Psychic Pad Folio. I got one of these directly from Banachek and was immediately impressed with the quality upon openning the package. The folio comes in a nice vinyl, protective case baring Banachek's signature "Devil B" logo. Inside this case was a CD-ROM, the folio itself and one other item I won't mention here (not that it's super top-secret, but no sense giving out this detail).

The pad is beautifully made and does not look like a prop. Nice and thin and something that you would have no issues displaying in front of a Fortune 500 CEO. The CD-ROM contains video performance and construction of the original pad along with documentation in both PDF and Word formats outlining some really hard hitting, devious uses for the pad. Drawing duplications, Q & A, Pseudo Muscle Reading and more can be achieved with this device.

Workers will certainly rejoice with this product and will be chomping at the bit to put it in action.

-rob
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1087 Posts

Profile of Banachek
FYI, someone asked why the video with just words?I will try to answer what my thinking was on this.

The reason for the video as is was two fold. One, The distributor needed a video ASAP. This was put together by a good friend of mine who does not live where I live and had his guy do the best he could with no real live video. I think the end result is fantastic and helps to brand our new packaging. Even the PK pens now come in a custom vinyl zip lock pouch to keep them safe. We are trying to rebrand all our packaging and really change our look when it comes to Banachek Products. Trying to step things up a bit so to speak. This costs money but our customers deserve the best we can do.

The other reason for the video as is, is that it is a teaser for the product. It will be up on many web sites. If one was to see the product in a picture then see it in action, lay people would easily know that the product was gimmicked and that allowed that particular effect to take place. Hence at that point the gaffus is blown and useless. Yes I could have had a video of me performing on stage and you just see me telling someone a thought they were thinking of. I could have shown a video where I am having someone reveal the headlines of a newspaper, I could have had a video where they see me duplicating a picture/s and I could have easily had a video of me doing pseudo muscle reading and the folio is not in the shot. Much like many videos you see for items. But the thing is, you already know that if you watch the video. It teases what the item can do and does not show it in action since it is the secret you are paying for (and the routines).

I hope this makes sense. I still think it was the best way to go.

This needs to be an innocent product, and the secret needs to be kept safe from those who just want to browse in our world (so to speak.)

Hope everyone is and has had a wonderful holiday season and that next year is even a better one for you.
Banachek
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2316 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I just got this. MUCH nicer than making up myself. Fantastic potential, the drawing dup with the subtitles is more than worth the price on its own. Thank's Banachek. I'm now working my way carefully through the PDF, great stuff (for a non-electronic item Smile ).
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Quote:
On 2011-12-28 11:14, Claudio wrote:
You can actually find for £113.75 here: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p21238/Psychi......nfo.html . Very reasonable price.

For some reason that dealer now chooses to display prices excluding VAT by default. The price is a not quite so reasonable £138.50 once VAT has been added.
theinternetguru
View Profile
Elite user
I hacked the Café but I still only have
426 Posts

Profile of theinternetguru
I have always felt like Banachek's folio was the cleanest way to get into a Q&A. I made my own at one point (based on his DVDs) but because because of the construction, I wouldn't use it in a case where the audience was close to me. It just didn't look innocent enough to do that with confidence.

Earlier this week, I PM'd a couple people who have posted here, to inquire about the construction of this product. They confirmed to me that it was extremely well made. I've gotten so much insight from Banachek's material over the years, I felt like I should invest the money in this.

It arrived 2 days later, on New Years Eve. I cannot say enough about the quality of this. The packaging was beautiful. The folio itself is high quality and finely constructed. There is no way you could make something this nice, it's absolutely perfect. I was so blown away by the quality of what I was sent, I revised my set for my New Years Eve performance so that I could add this in. I was in a private home, with people seated fairly close to me -- and had no concern whatsoever about it. I did the drawing duplication and then (later in the set) Q&A. The audience reactions were pretty much over the top. I highly recommend this to any mentalist doing Q&A.

I purchased some tremendous things in 2011, but this is easily in a tie for the best thing I purchased last year. Or maybe I will consider this the top item in my new list for 2012 and start the year on a positive, lol. Thanks to Banachek's people for getting this out to me so quickly.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1087 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Thank you for the kind words. I am a little overwhelmed by the kind words and praise. One is always worried when they put out a new product as to how others will perceive it even if they know it's potential and understand the value of it. You just never know how others will perceive it. We really tried to put out a quality product, and in fact we are upgrading all our products. Even the PK pens now come in a branded vinyl protective pouch. The nail-writers will be re-branded as well with a new style Listo Pen rather than the Listo Pencils (this change to come in the next few months).
Banachek
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
982 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Receved mine today!! I'm extremely happy with this. My mind is racing with ideas. It's been mention many times in this thread, but a little recap to reinforce how well built this is. One would have a hard time crafting something this good. I love it and I'll use it!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous