The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Did you hear the latest? :: Magicians of the world (update) (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Edith
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
131 Posts

Profile of Edith
How about the ratio people form other countries to Americans? How high is the percentage of Americans on this forum?
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Edith

It's been my experience after being here for aprox 3 years greeting New Arrivals that the majority of posters are from the US, Canada, U.K, France, Australia and then followed by the other countries. The list Maya orginally posted is also 3 years old and since then many other people from various countries around the world have joined.

It probably needs to be updated.

I've also noticed that sometimes a large amount of people will appear from one country - perhaps friends tell friends and they all join within a short time of each other? Most appear to be from English speaking countries but everyone is encouraged to post as the Café provides grammar host. The post are left untouched except for correction of some spelling in order to assist those from overseas. Truthfully, it's never been a problem as it's the ones that have English as their first language that often make the most spelling mistakes. Ha Ha! I'm just as guilty!

Chrystal
ChinaMan
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of ChinaMan
One of the member by the name "Snowboard" is from Shenzhen, CHINA.
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Yes,I am from China.
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
Is not Hong Kong part of China....and Wales.....is this a country!??
snowboard
View Profile
New user
China Shenzhen
86 Posts

Profile of snowboard
Yes, HK is a part of China,also the Macao and Taiwan.
sissy
View Profile
New user
mexico
37 Posts

Profile of sissy
Hello I am from Mexico. Sorry if my English sometimes is not good but here we can find a big place to share magic life.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
No smilie beside Korea?
I'm very saddened!
Oh wait, it says I'm from canada...... lol
Shodan
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man
663 Posts

Profile of Shodan
I'm from the Isle of Man, tis not on the list...
"You don't go up to strangers with a stick and come at their head...introduce yourself first, then come at them with a stick." - David Williamson
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
Quote:
On 2006-05-08 13:18, snowboard wrote:

I think this is a political problem.

Hideo Kato
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
HK and Macao are parts of China - listed as special territories. Taiwan is indeed a political issue . ..
Cards never lie
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Being that I live in Taiwan, this issue has been very controversial over the past few years. Generally speaking, the North believes that Taiwan should be associated with China while the South believes that Taiwan should remain independent. I also recall a politician on TV once said [through translation], "Why don't you split Taiwan into two parts? North and South? Much like North and South Korea." Indeed, that's what I think too.

Best,
Charles from Taipei, Taiwan
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The above is only a tiny part of the problem. Without getting into politics too much China and a number of countries believe that Taiwan IS part of China while others believe that it isn't. Taiwan is rightly shown as a country as that is its current status. Whether it will be 1 fully recognized or 2 changed to being part of China is not really for me to discuss or decide. Right now it is in the middle of the two and many people get very emotional over the issue.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
We'll give Taiwan a half-smiley, then.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
Yes wales is a country cheeky irish man

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2006-05-08 13:18, snowboard wrote:

Taiwan is not part of China.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
magic76716
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magic76716
Taiwan has its own President who was elected by every Taiwan's voters.
The TRUTH cannot be confused and ignored.

Maybe someday this country will be part of China;

However, Now it is still not part of CHina indeed.

Now It is a very vague status/position in international situation.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Since this thread is about welcoming members from every corners of the world in a united place, I'd like to welcome our friends from China and from Taiwan with the same enthusiasm and magical expectations: in magic they have a very strong link. Let's share magic with as many different people as we can. It will only make magic better.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
cyberdog
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of cyberdog
Hey I'm from israel..
I didn't know that there are more members from israel in this forum
invisibleincmagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of invisibleincmagic
Daviaac, I'm glad you got in there about wales before I did, learn your geography people or if you are not sure then google it before asking such a dumb question !