The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Best rope routine (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Try Shoot Ogawa's rope routine. It's on his video tape with coin matrix. It's good for low on funds, because it is a scissorless cut and restore, which means that you don't have to keep buying rope. (It involves one rope which is tied and the ends come of, leaving the ends, and a loop of rope. Then the ends magically rejoin. At the end he "cuts" the rope w/ his fingers as scissors and restores it. Best routine I've seen, fools even magicians who know not the secret).
charliemagic
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of charliemagic
Mark Leveridge has a Prof Nightmare routine in one of his lecture notes that he uses for magicians where you can throw the ropes out for inspection at the end of the routine showing them ALL equal in length.

No pulls, sleeving, magnetic devices.

He does the regular routine for lay people.
Magic Tim
View Profile
New user
Texas
40 Posts

Profile of Magic Tim
My vote is for George Sands' "Sandsational" routine or Whit Haydn's "Mongolian Pop-Knot" routine. Both feature plenty of potential for humor and amazement. Haydn's "Pop-Knot" may be a tad more complex, but it's worth the effort—he's got a remarkable sense of humor.

Magically,
Tim Smile
http://www.timwallacemagic.com

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.” -- Darth Vader
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I just had the opportunity to see an old clip of Harry Anderson doing a cut and restore with a long piece of rope tied between two microphone stands and then asking an audience member to tell him where to cut the rope. He then proceeded to tie it and "slip" the knot right off the rope. Great routine and the audience was amazed. Does anyone know the name of his routine?

Cheers,
Snidini
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Snidini,
It's called Pavel's Super Walking Knot. There are currently 2 or 3 threads active on this right now in this forum. It's a great, though expensive, effect.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Thanks Bob for the reply, I will look further into this, and believe me I too thought it was great.

Cheers,
Snidini
altoni
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of altoni
Hi odroj88

I think you can’t go wrong with any of the following routines:

Jumping Knot of Pakistan or Daryl’s routine, they’re on the same video.
Tabary’s routine or Jeff Sheridan’s Swan Lake Rope Routine…

Good luck,

Al
espalding
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
59 Posts

Profile of espalding
I haven't seen the Tarbary routine, but I've done Daryl's routine several times now, and it always gets great reactions. As a beginner, I also found it well within my grasp.

One thing I added, (which it also on Daryl's videos), is the hunter-bow knot trick right after the instantaneous knot. For some reason people are always amazed when I sprinkle a little "magic dust" on the knot so it will pull right off the rope. Once again, it's the simple things done in an entertaining way that seems to work.

Eric.
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
I use Mark Wilson's comedy cut and restored rope trick.It gets someone from the crowd involved, it's simple so you can concentrait on performing and it gets some good laughs. Smile
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
George Sands' Ropesational is my favorite, I also like Flip's rope and ring. Flip has a video Flip's Truly Magical Rope Magic, Ropesational is over 30 years old and you will have to search the web and find a used copy, I am sure that it is out of print.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Hi there,

Just wondering if anybody does Jeff McBride's rope routine from his Commando Act on his stage performing video? I think it's quite good and gets good reactions. Any thoughts?

JoJo
Magic guy in Perth Australia
ChinaMan
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of ChinaMan
Vinsmagic,

Yes, you can still get Shigeo Takagi's Far East Mysteries at Steven Magic Emporium.

Hope this help.

The ChinaMan
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
THE BEST ROPE ROUTINE is the one you decide to learn and master... and work on it for a few years developing every bit of entertainment you can wring out of it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Pete,

BRAVO!

Ted (Leondo)
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I use a hybrid of Jeff McBride's and Dan Harlan's rope routine for my children's shows and for adult shows I use the Tabray rope routine. I think the Tabray routine is too long for children's show because it is a slower paced routine.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Pete has now said it, go get the Abbott's book and learn the basics and make up your own routine. If you have to learn someone else's routines your not working hard at magic your only following a script. I use a basic method cut and restored with my own patter and a PN with my own patter. Go for it. As far as the cost of the rope. It's just rope. Sure you can spend a lot of money getting super bright white, colored rope or whatever just remember it is still just rope. The methods work with hardware store rope that has had the core taken out.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3876 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2004-06-03 06:40, maniac wrote:
George Sands' Ropesational is my favorite, I also like Flip's rope and ring. Flip has a video Flip's Truly Magical Rope Magic, Ropesational is over 30 years old and you will have to search the web and find a used copy, I am sure that it is out of print.

George has written a series of softcover books with line drawings, where needed, of most of the material he's developed over a lifetime in Magic. He also has a great self-produced vhs showing and explaining his rope routines, cards across, etc.

If you'd like additional information, please PM me.
Nils lappahn
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Nils lappahn
Hello!

I think the best rope routine is Ropemare by Alexander de Cova! It is a German video. It looks a little bit like Tabary but it is easier!
MR.MAGIC
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1654 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Check out Eric Lewis routine,very clever and no difficult moves.
One of my favourate for adults and children is Sterlin's long and short rope. You can find this in the Tarbell course.
Richard Lyn
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
I really would like to see a demo of Three Ropes and A Baby.

I'm practicing it right now.