The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: David Regal - The Regal Ring Chain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I posted this on another thread, but I liked it so much, I am re posting here too.
I did this last night at a convention for Jewelers, I used my CW Ring Cruncher, and it was a huge hit, beyond what I thought it could ever be,
I borrowed a large gold ring, "polished" it in the cruncher, poured out all the tiny , but shinny gold bits, I showed the "Gold Cleaning Machine " empty, and using DR's remaining handling, removed my necklace with the borrowed ring.
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
Nice
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of rowland
I recieved this yesterday from David, delivery time was excellent only 5 days to England. First impression was lovlely chain but was not at all sure about the gimmick. I should have known better than to doubt someone as creative as David Regal!!! I have spent yesterday and today watching the dvd and practicing with it, what a little gem the instructions were excellent and although I have a pretty good false transfer it was good to see how much detail has gone into this move. My only concern was how it would perform using a very light ladies ring but again it worked perfectly and it doesn't matter how light or heavy the ring is, even loading a ring borrowed from my wife which is pretty small in diameter and very light was no problem at all.
This is an absolute steal at the price.
Thank you for a great prop which definatley won't end up in a draw.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
The guys at Wizard Product Review reviewed the ring chain - and David Penn even does it on camera (very well), The review starts at 19:00:

Click Here... I SAID, Click Here
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
David this looks awesome!! I watch the Wizard Product review and have made several purchases based on David and Craig's reviews and I have never been disappointed so I'm biting the bullet and ordering your Ring Chain tonight. I recently bought a JOL wallet and I must say the quality is absolutely incredible. There is something really special about owning a great magic prop that is also a very high quality every-day object that gets a lot of use. Every time I pull out my JOL I'm reminded of the power I now wield!! I have a suspicion that putting on your Ring Chain of a morning will give me that same warm feeling.

Keep up the great work
Fin

P.S. I also ordered "Any Ring". Thanks for all the advice from others in this thread.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I had a problem with my Regal Ring Chain today, I was in that special situation where I was asked to perform for a few minutes, I was not totally prepared, I had my wallet and a few business cards and pulled off about 6 minutes, when I got in my car and started to drive, I remembered that I was wearing my RRC, I had become so comfortable wearing it, I forgot I had it,but for those other times , when my brain was working, the effect is as Craig said 99%. Also if you do not know how to do a false trans, if you buy this, you will learn it and use it, David makes it so easy to learn, that alone is worth the asking price.
Majick
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Majick
What else can really be said? It and the routine are a thing of beauty. I just want to say thanks for putting it out there.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
OK, I'm late to the party. I manage to buy a used (looks unused to me so I guess it is really pre-owned!) Ring Chain (sorry David). I already had figured out the modus operandi but figured at the price I was getting it for I couldn't make it cheaper. Plus the DVD was getting good reviews here on this thread.

So I am into this about 60 performances. I know, I know, that is hardly enough to actually consider having a routine and/or handling down and my lines aren't even close to being set yet, but it is enough to give an honest and accurate evaluation.

Bottom line...this thing rocks. It is apparently impromptu magic at its best! This is the prop to have on you when you have to impress someone. I've gotten a couple of gigs just from using the thing as an off the cuff, oh by the way kind of magic demonstration (thanks David).

Like the American Express card I'd say don't leave home without it.

The prop itself is very well made; heavy and looks like something a man would wear (sorry ladies maybe David will come up with a more feminine version). It is not fragile and will take some heavy use. I don't wear jewelry (except a watch.) but I have taken to wearing this regularly.

As said above in this thread, the DVD is well produced (typical from Mr. Regal) and gives you everything you need to perform this illusion.

I like David's thinking and like all of his products. Heck, I use his Special Delivery regularly (my current favorite card to impossible location). I believe Regal’s Ring Chain to be one of his best, if not the best, ideas and products.

Yes I’ll buy a second one just to have a back up. I might even buy a full price one directly from Mr. Regal! Smile
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I just got this and I love it. A query for those who've used it for a while: have you ever had an issue with the sound of the ring sliding down the chain? Of course, it's very noticeable to me, but then I was always acutely aware of the sound of my Ring Flight, too. Also, I notice that sometimes, when doing this in a t-shirt, I can see the form of the ring sliding down the chain. No doubt a simple body position adjustment is all that's needed here, but thought I'd mention it.
It's all in the reflexes.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Hummm...you probably more feel the vibrations than actually hear the sound. I've never noticed a noise but then I chatter and palaver all the time. I've not done it under a t-shirt but do us it under a Polo shirt and have used it under a hooded sweatshirt. I don't have the ring in place under the front of the shirt until the upward motion of taking the chain off. The ring drops in place as the chain is lifted. If I want to delay the reveal I simply have it on the chain behind the neck. So far it has worked for me.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Nope. I definitely hear the ring sliding down the chain loud and clear, but perhaps the viewer will simply perceive it as the chain making noise as I'm removing it.
It's all in the reflexes.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5446 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Yep, I shut up and listened an heard a heavy man's ring slide down the chain. I suspect that the spectator if they noticed it would think that the ring has arrived. with about 60ish performances under my belt with this prop is has yet to be an issue. But then I don't stop talking while I am removing the chain and I don't feel guilty.

If the prop doesn't work for you and you decide to let it go let me know. I'll probably take it off your hands.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
A very good product as is all of
david regals items.
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
I have bodies in flight by Alan rorrison! Love the concept and think the necklace suits me more than the regal ring chain would but I do find it quite difficult to load the ring sometimes especially if it's not a thin finger ring.

Can anyone compare the two? I'm 99.9% sure I know how the regal ring chain is gimmicked & if I'm right it's not as clever as Alan's but maybe perhaps easier to load.

Really tempted by regal ring chain but it is quite expensive.
music
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of music
I have The Regal Chain for sale in mint condition. Pm me!
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
David, This is a clear cut winner and so extremely easy to do, fools the heck out of them..
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
861 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2011-07-06 15:34, J-Mac wrote:
Eek! A piece of advice (which should have been obvious to me but wasn’t at first!):

Don’t perform this with a close-collar shirt (T-shirt or Polo shirt) when wearing suspenders! I was standing there wondering why I had such a hard time getting the ring to A) slide around to the front, and B) stay inside the shirt collar. And here I had thought that I was all prepared...

Won't do that again!! :O Smile

Jim

Piece of advice ... don't wear suspenders with a T shirt ever. (Unless you are Mork from Mork and Mindy) Smile Just yanking your chain Jim.

I just pulled the trigger on this purchase. I had seen the chain in person at David's lecture and it's simplicity and reliability swayed me from a more gimmicy effect like Closure. This chain doesn't require any fancy setups beforehand ... in fact, if needed you could put it on in front of your audidnce. There is a subtlty that David showed us where your hands can come away from the chain before removing it and be shown completely empty.

I may couple this with an effect I learned from Gregory Wilson where you switch the ring for a nickle and in a flinging motion you accidently lose grip on the nickle (they think it is the ring). After apologizing you offer them what you are wearing on your necklace as compensation. Obviously, I would opt out from using an overly sentimental ring because even after the final reveal the short moment of horror prior would not be the most enjoyable in the eyes of the spectator.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
David's routine is a gem. Now as I was working on Tommy Wonder's sock and coins routine, I came up with a different solution for the same effect. I had explained to Tommy that I was ill at ease with the token changing into the hand of a spectator at the end of the "sock" routine. I figured out that I should refer to my birth medal on a chain hanging around my neck and then make the coin in the spectator's hand and the medal on my neck to magically trade places (and I had a great script to support this at the end of the sock routine.) Now my technical solution to this problem was completely different from David Regal's one (and I'd like to keep it for myself) but David's very straight forward solution is a real worker for anyone interested in an improved ending to this great Tommy Wonder routine.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I had always thought the same thing with the Tommy Wonder Sock and Coins, and I love that effect. Wonderful thinking M. Lawrence O!
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Fast reset for walkaround?