The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: David Regal - The Regal Ring Chain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
It was free, and it let people get into the routine right away without a false transfer. Just a bonus.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Well, I ordered mine today, so I will post a review with and without the hank, I am willing to bet as with all DR products, this will not disapoint.
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Do you need a collared shirt to perform this?

Magically

Aus
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Aus, no you don’t need a collared shirt. Works fine with a tee-shirt.

Jim
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
J mac, do you need long hair to perform this ? If so , I may need to work out a deal with you.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
LOL - no, you definitely do not need long hair! I only mentioned it because it actually gets in my way. High time I got rid of some of it anyway. Smile

Jim
gcordingley
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of gcordingley
I have enjoyed practicing with the Regal Ring Chain. I appreciated the clear instructions that came on the accompanying DVD, on which David demonstrated multiple methods for vanishing the ring. As an amateur I was especially pleased that I could perform the retention vanish at my modest level of skill. As David pointed out, it's easier to do this vanish with a ring than with a coin.
Gary Cordingley
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Jim, I could use whatever you don't need>>>>
Gary, thanks for the info, as I have said before, I am a huge fan of Regal magic, he does not put out effects that he does not use himself, and they are all simple and direct to a lay audience, and after all, that’s who matters, it’s crazy that magicians need to "fool" other magicians, we are entertainers, this effect is a perfect example, without having received mine yet, the method is pretty obvious, I'm sure a shoelace would do the same thing, but it is the little extras that come with this that make it a performance piece that will get used, for one, stainless steel I believe is what the chain is made of, that is a big deal, and as Gary said, the complete , nothing left out tutorial, teaching things that can go beyond this effect, and I'm sure there is much more, but the BBQ awaits along with another cold one.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Dave -

Enjoy your BBQ and beer, and Happy 4th to all. You will be pleased to discover that the ring chain (stainless steel) has indeed been gimmicked to allow for the swift introduction of the borrowed ring - it's not just a steel shoelace!

David
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
David, I hope I did not offend you by saying shoe lace, I was trying to say two things, first that if it were just that simple, because it is something you created, it would be amazing, the most amazing shoelace anyone has ever seen, and second, that I happen to know that it is much more than that, I have many of your effects and they all are simple and direct with huge impact, some have me saying, why didn't I think of that, any way, I hope you get what I'm trying to say, many thanks Dave
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
This effect is perfectly magical, the chain is very nice looking, the load is about as easy as one could ever want, and the DVD instructions are the same as Divid's instructions always are - clear and very complete. And the price is more than fair. Extremely fair. This purchase was a no-brainer for me.

Thanks David for yet another winner!

Jim
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Received my Regal Ring Chain yesterday and watched the DVD last night. Great prop, simple and easy method. Love it!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Eek! A piece of advice (which should have been obvious to me but wasn’t at first!):

Don’t perform this with a close-collar shirt (T-shirt or Polo shirt) when wearing suspenders! I was standing there wondering why I had such a hard time getting the ring to A) slide around to the front, and B) stay inside the shirt collar. And here I had thought that I was all prepared...

Won't do that again!! :O Smile

Jim
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
My 2 cents.
My package, it arrived very fast, the packaging, to me is so unimportant, but in many reviews I read it seems to be important, so the packaging is impressive.
The chain looks like a nice piece of jewelry; it is definitely not a cheap looking.
The gimmick is not at all what I expected, it is quite brilliant, at first I thought I did not like it, and that it would not work, especially with a T shirt, but then after watching the DVD, it made perfect sense, It is a very simple gimmick, loading is fast and easy, the detail in the chain is amazing, right down to the clasp, it is typical Regal thinking, in that everything is designed to help sell the effect to a spectator and there are tiny things incorporated to do just that, so minor, yet so major, those who have this and those who will get this, the thought behind the clasp is very cool. The DVD again, typical Regal, easy to follow, easy to remember what you need to do, loaded with tips , and psychological thoughts coming from a pro who has done the effect thousands of times.
Will you use this or toss it in a draw, perhaps sell it here for less money, NO, this will be a keeper.
The effect and ease of use, you put the chain around your neck, now you are ready to perform, even if you know no sleights, or you are an expert, this will work.
My guess, after wearing this for a while, many will forget they even have it on.
Any shirt will work, long hair, short hair, no hair….
This will work under any circumstance, stop reading and get it.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Thanks, Dave. This prop requires one to forget that he is a magician - anyone reading this can tell that I'm doing a false transfer in the demo, but one needs to see past that to the effect! To be fair, in actual performance I ALWAYS let a little time pass after the transfer, so the guilty hand is gone and forgotten by the time of the vanish. However, if that brand of vanish is too bold for you, do this:

a) Get a ring handkerchief (at http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S8967 it costs under $20).

b) Borrow the ring, put it under the handkerchief, and while they think they are holding the ring, ditch the borrowed ring into a pocket.

c) Perform the vanish with the ring handkerchief. Easy, amazing, and your hands are empty. The ring is GONE.

d) Return the hank to the pocket, secretly picking up the ring. Motivated and sneaky.

e) With a gesture, flash two empty hands (the ring is in finger palm - automatically hidden).

f) Mention your chain, then take it off revealing the borrowed ring hanging from the center.

This is a classic time-tested sequence (Lippincott box, Nest of Boxes, etc), and even a newbie should feel 100% protected, as a ring is secretly held for only a moment. Trust me on this.

And again - thanks.

David
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
The tutorial on the false transfer on this DVD is worth the price just for that, but the effect is fun to do, and stunning to witness, and it is so silly easy to do, I feel guilty.
I am a klutz and I can do the sleights after watching this DVD,

Dave
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
YIPPEEEEE!
After a looooooooooong search, I finally found my olde original Army Dog Tags. They look great on the chain. Now to find some folks to perform the effect on.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have Chai on mine.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts