The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: David Regal - The Regal Ring Chain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
This is coming soon from David Regal.

Did anyone see him perform this recently at the Magic Castle?

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Not only saw him do it at the Castle, but at Dean Dill's Shoppe... He's got them on sale tomorrow at the Magic Castle's DEALER DAY. It'll fool you and it is so easy to do.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
Do you know the price on it Pete?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Not available from David Regal's site yet but believe it or not, one just sold on the Café Sale forum. Go figure.

Jim
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi Everyone,

I was fortunate enough to see David performing this at the recent Magic Castle Dealers' Day. It is VERY GOOD!!! Typical of all of David's offerings, it is well thought out and extremeley practical. All of the Street Workers will want this. David also shows how to use this if you are a coat-and-tie performer. Quality is great.

Enjoy the search.

Respectfully,

Paul Green
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1163 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Sounds like a killer climax to a good ring and string routine. Would love to see a video of this.

Posted: Jun 16, 2011 9:05am
So, no demo of this anywhere?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
It's not available yet. Not on the market at all; I believe that David has mentioned it in his recent lectures, and I am sure that he has some early versions/prototypes. But there is no actual product to ship yet, and no DVD. Should be out fairly soon though, from what I have heard.

Jim
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Allow me to chime in...

The Ring Chain will be offered to my mailing list next week with a special deal. I'll have them on my website after that, and I will use a distributor, too, if it makes sense.

The Ring Chain is a piece of jewelry, and not a toy. The chains are made for this effect by a jewelry manufacturer. I could have offered a prop made from base metals at a lower price, but I opted to have these made from 100% stainless steel. I did this for the same reason we buy elegant-looking card-to-wallets. It looks high-end because it is high-end.

On the subject of card-to-wallet, think of this prop in the exact same way...but the card is a borrowed ring, and the wallet is the silver chain. Just as a "magic" wallet is designed to easily introduce a card into the wallet, this is a real chain (when the ring is on, they can pull on it) designed to allow a performer to introduce a ring onto it swiftly and smoothly.

The end display is a beautiful image, a silver neck chain stretched between the hands, the borrowed ring danging from it.

The reset takes two seconds and can be done in front of the audience.

My mailing list will receive a private link to the demo. When the sales go public, I'll release the demo publicly.

The retail price of the Ring Chain will be $69.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 18:40, David Regal wrote:
Allow me to chime in...

The Ring Chain will be offered to my mailing list next week with a special deal. I'll have them on my website after that, and I will use a distributor, too, if it makes sense.

The Ring Chain is a piece of jewelry, and not a toy. The chains are made for this effect by a jewelry manufacturer. I could have offered a prop made from base metals at a lower price, but I opted to have these made from 100% stainless steel. I did this for the same reason we buy elegant-looking card-to-wallets. It looks high-end because it is high-end.

On the subject of card-to-wallet, think of this prop in the exact same way...but the card is a borrowed ring, and the wallet is the silver chain. Just as a "magic" wallet is designed to easily introduce a card into the wallet, this is a real chain (when the ring is on, they can pull on it) designed to allow a performer to introduce a ring onto it swiftly and smoothly.

The end display is a beautiful image, a silver neck chain stretched between the hands, the borrowed ring danging from it.

My mailing list will receive a private link to the demo. When the sales go public, I'll release the demo publicly.

I've seen Dave do this at our club lecture...very brilliant & well worth the money! No, I didn't buy one because I ran out of cash buying some of his other stuff. This is very diabolical!

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
$69!!! -- A BARGAIN... I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE $99.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thanks for the clarification David. Looking forward to this eagerly!

Thanks again!

Jim
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Thanks for the info David!. Can't wait!
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 18:40, David Regal wrote:
Allow me to chime in...

How do we join your mailing list?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3786 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Go to his site and sign up. You wont get flooded with junk mail, just new innovations
imagealter
View Profile
Regular user
Christopher Griffin
158 Posts

Profile of imagealter
David, where is your mailing list opt in form? Vanished from your site

Thanks!
Christopher
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Christopher,

Go to "Contact," where there are instructions. (Essentially, send an e-mail with "subscribe" in the title.)
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1163 Posts

Profile of Corbett
No sign of the email yet, but anxious to see this.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
The email went out to my mailing list today. If for some reason you did not receive it, and you thought you were supposed to be on the list, contact me at regal@regalmagic.com and I'll have my son add you.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Could this be done with a borrowed key?
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
The heavy gauge steel chain is too thick to fit through the little hole of a key.