The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Science of Magic :: Sleights of Mind (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Curtis Alexander
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Curtis Alexander
I'd certainly consider it a must-read.

Someone asked about other neuroscience books. Another book I enjoyed, although I'm not sure if it is strictly neuroscience, is 'Subliminal' by Leonard Mlodinow. 'The Man Who Mistook His Wife For a Hat' and 'Hallucinations' by Oliver Sack are great as well.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
Been looking at this section for the first time...since 2014 summer reading is Fizz boom bang.

I don't change my whole show, but like to do one or two items related to the theme.

This is a great find.

Thanks for sharing ...

All you on this section of the Café are apprecited

by Harris a former watcher of Sid the Science Kid
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
MagicDan3333
View Profile
New user
Sun Prairie, WI
38 Posts

Profile of MagicDan3333
I plan on checking out the Sleights of Mind book. Does anyone have recommendations on how the brain perceives and is fooled. I am working on a program on deception and critical thinking using magic.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Check out the "Tell-Tale Brain"
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
MatrixAddict
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MatrixAddict
I'll definitely look for this book. Thanks for the recommendation!
JohnWolf
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of JohnWolf
I had the great pleasure of running into the gentleman at a convention. If you ever get a chance to hear his lecture take it.
John