The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: Jumbie Jumpers (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ray.Valenz
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Ray.Valenz
Here’s the deal:
I pitch to make money. I don’t pitch full-time, mostly whenever I need to generate some extra income or during the Christmas season. I’d like to think I’m pretty good at it; at least that’s how I feel when I leave the lot with pockets full of cash. I guess all that is to say, I feel like I know what I’m doing. After all, I did learn from Don Driver………
So, when I saw Don’s recommendation on this forum to look into an item called Jumbie Jumpers, I checked it out. Here’s the link to see them being demo’ed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3m73rzyjc
Pretty neat, huh?

Long story short, I made A LOT of money pitching these things. I pitched them during the 2010 Christmas season at the Phoenix Park n Swap and made a mint. You know when you do so well and have such huge tips that the other vendors sort of give you the snake eye all day? Yeah, that was me. All. Month. Long.

Vante Toys, the maker of Jumbie Jumpers, has got something hot here. The pitch is fun to do and fun for people to watch. You almost don’t even have to try to build a tip; when people see a tiny dancing alien, they cannot help but stop and watch. Vante supplies professional quality graphics for signage, a commercial to play on a TV whilst pitching and a manuscript that details just about every part of the pitch.

Anywho, I just wanted to put the word out about Jumbie Jumpers because I think you guys could make a lot of money off of them, too. Just don’t set-up near me, hehehe.

The contact info for Vante Toys vantetoys@gmail.com
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Thanks for the nice words Ray.I turned Alex onto the Jumpie Jumpers and the Super Looper.He has spent 90% of his time promoting the Super Loopers and doing a great job I might add.

Alex has lots of jumpie jumper stock on hand ready to ship so if anybody wants to give them a try email him at the email Ray put up.

Later,Don
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I can't really tell what they are from the video. Is there a better clip or picture to see?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Alec,
Its a small cardboard cut out and it seems to dance all by its self to music.IT is the secret. Here are Alex's new ones he has now.

http://i.imgur.com/DhztY.jpg Its called a dancing doll.They have been around for years but kinda of got lost for awhile.Here is a street verson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt-3OKdzAVE

Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Don, I watched the Jumpie Jumpers videos, and thought to myself -- wouldn't Howard Thurston be amused and pleased to see what his stage version of "The Rising Cards" has morphed into? Very cute. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Don't you need a confederate to help you?
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Ray.Valenz
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Ray.Valenz
Alec,

No confederate needed. You can pitch these solo, for sure.

Ray Valenz
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
The booth pitching them at the AZ state fair didn't do to well with them; it closed down after the first week of the fair. I was thinking of getting some, but I heard wholesale was $1. Maybe if they were .50, or I could just manufacture my own, this item has been around in Europe as a hustle for awhile and they are simple to make. To my surprise the splat balls still take in the money so I'll stick to that and the floating card for now.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Once again Mr Roya has no idea what hes talking about.Alex,Ray and myself have all taken in big money with them that I know of.Many other people have done the same.Its a money making item and builds its own tip.Making them yourself is a stupid idea as well.You have art work,graphics and packing alone is a bundle of money and more trouble than its worth.If you mean to print them out on a computer and than cut them out and glue them on cardboard at home you are even more stupid than I thought.

Don Driver
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
That is great that they are doing so well for you guys. Keep up the good work.
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of harry knight
As Vante Toys are no longer in business, does anyone know where to get something similar? Thank you
Gerry The Great
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Gerry The Great
I don't know where to get them but I gotta tell you I wouldn't feel too good about selling this type of thread work to the average person. That is something I've struggled with selling any type threadwork. It is amazing and it's very difficult. That's why the Svengali s so good to see. Amazing and easy to work at a fundamental level.