The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo Elite :: Is Tenyo Elite Dead? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Anyone know what's going on with Tenyo Elite?

It seemed so promising in concept, but two tricks thus far?

The initial tricks are solid, but had better tricks been chosen initially, I don't think there would be much latency in selling out TE product. There are so many tricks that could use TE treatment.

I would love a TE Eye of the Idol!

Any info is appreciated.
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
WIsh I knew. Went back to their site and have been dying to get my hands on an Elite Blue Crystal, but it is still pre-order.
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Hey Guys, Tenyo Elite is NOT dead!

With the help of Murphys's Magic Supplies, we were able to arrange a distribution deal with them last week, and they are now our distributor and with their help now moving the rest of our stock on first two items, we will be able to start work again on new effects.

However with this new business system in place, some things might change slightly, We are looking into; or entertaining the idea anyway, of doing smaller runs on future releases, and in LIMITED quantities, once they are sold, that item would no longer be made again in an Elite form, this way we will not be in the situation we were in with the first 2 releases, and the items will become more "Collectable". Also we will probably only release one item at a time instead of multiple releases at once, and this will benefit everyone in the long run.

So as of right now, Tenyo Elite is alive and well, with what appears to be a great future instore for everyone.

Thanks for everyone's patience, but as you all know, good things come to those that wait! We did the the Tenyo Eltie project out of love for the original Tenyo Items, and we know this project would be a difficult one, and arise a few snags here and there, we are still very much in love with the project and are still working hard on keeping it going, even though there is little financial gain to be had. So it is very important that everyone supports the project if they wish to see it sustain a long healthy life.

So in the mean time, please keep the comments going on which items people would like to see made into an Elite version.

Best,

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great news Peter, thanks for the update.

John
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2011-04-25 12:16, Peter Loughran wrote:
Hey Guys, Tenyo Elite is NOT dead!

With the help of Murphys's Magic Supplies, we were able to arrange a distribution deal with them last week, and they are now our distributor and with their help now moving the rest of our stock on first two items, we will be able to start work again on new effects.

However with this new business system in place, some things might change slightly, We are looking into; or entertaining the idea anyway, of doing smaller runs on future releases, and in LIMITED quantities, once they are sold, that item would no longer be made again in an Elite form, this way we will not be in the situation we were in with the first 2 releases, and the items will become more "Collectable". Also we will probably only release one item at a time instead of multiple releases at once, and this will benefit everyone in the long run.

So as of right now, Tenyo Elite is alive and well, with what appears to be a great future instore for everyone.

Thanks for everyone's patience, but as you all know, good things come to those that wait! We did the the Tenyo Eltie project out of love for the original Tenyo Items, and we know this project would be a difficult one, and arise a few snags here and there, we are still very much in love with the project and are still working hard on keeping it going, even though there is little financial gain to be had. So it is very important that everyone supports the project if they wish to see it sustain a long healthy life.

So in the mean time, please keep the comments going on which items people would like to see made into an Elite version.

Best,

Peter.

Peter,

Some suggestions.

1. I highly recommend numbering the tricks (1 of 1000, etc).

2. You might want to issue say, Qty. 100, that are autographed by all of you and numbered and marked as a further special edition (1/100, etc).

3. As fakes plague EVERY commercial industry, issuing a certificate of authenticity with a serial number and hologram affixed to the trick with a matching serial would be wise.

4. If possible, if you could get the Tenyo creator to sign the tricks or instructions, this would be great. Even if you randomly inserted these into the tricks as "Chase" items, this would be very cool.

5. I see Tenyo magic as traditional magic but also as a highly collectible toy, adding things like this would push Tenyo Elite over and above the cool concept and product it already is!

Initial requests:

1. Eye of the Idol

2. Tunnel of Darkness

3. Bare Bones

4. Mystery China Box

Thanks for the good news!
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Do runs of 50 and charge more for each.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
So what's the deal with this, the last I heard was Murphy's Magic will be the distro source and now not a peep?

Are you in production since the agreement was only settled recently?

Working on more than the initial 4 tricks?
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Ummm well... Murphys just got their order in recently. We have to give them a chance to sell and distribute the products for us to magic shops, then give the magic shops enough time to sell them and place re-orders, and this simply does not happen overnight. As we have stated before, we need to move the bulk of our remaining inventory on the first two tricks to finance the production of new releases. If Murphys is unsuccessful moving the bulk of our remaining stock, we will have to look at other options including something like Tdowell mentioned above, which is something we entertained the idea of doing since day one. And that is making a very small limited run numbered and signed and charge a lot more money for each and basically market the line to collectors mostly.

Thanks for your continued interest in the company's progress.

Again we have not given up on the line, we just may have to change it's current structure in order to make it successful in these new economic times that changed drastically on the day the first 2 products were introduced.

Best,

P.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 11:23, Peter Loughran wrote:
Ummm well... Murphys just got their order in recently. We have to give them a chance to sell and distribute the products for us to magic shops, then give the magic shops enough time to sell them and place re-orders, and this simply does not happen overnight. As we have stated before, we need to move the bulk of our remaining inventory on the first two tricks to finance the production of new releases. If Murphys is unsuccessful moving the bulk of our remaining stock, we will have to look at other options including something like Tdowell mentioned above, which is something we entertained the idea of doing since day one. And that is making a very small limited run numbered and signed and charge a lot more money for each and basically market the line to collectors mostly.

Thanks for your continued interest in the company's progress.

Again we have not given up on the line, we just may have to change it's current structure in order to make it successful in these new economic times that changed drastically on the day the first 2 products were introduced.

Best,

P.

Sorry,

The part I seemed to forgo was: "As we have stated before, we need to move the bulk of our remaining inventory on the first two tricks to finance the production of new releases."

Thanks for the update.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Houdini103126, it's my fault that I hadn't made that clear enough in the original post. No need to apologize. Thank you again for showing a sincere interest in the progress of TE and we hope to bring some cool new effects to you as soon as we can!
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Any update on whats coming and when? Its been ages...
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi Mmreed, I updated and made some announcements earlier last month on a thread here, but unfortuantely there was a couple of remarks made that we felt was taking the thread out of context and Steve Brooks felt the thread was just turning in to nothing of value, took note of who was involved in the final unnecessary comments and deleted the thread. But I can assure you Tenyo Elite is not dead. As I had mentioned before its a labor of love, we are not in this to make money and probably never will, so you must allow us time to produce the new items at our own pace, and we are doing so as fast as we can, but it takes time.

Thanks,

Peter.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2012-03-16 12:31, Peter Loughran wrote:
Steve Brooks felt the thread was just turning in to nothing of value, took note of who was involved in the final unnecessary comments and deleted the thread

Thanks,

Peter.

:)
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Such class
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2012-03-16 20:47, Peter Loughran wrote:
Such class

:)
SydBeckman
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
93 Posts

Profile of SydBeckman
Any thoughts to using a "kickstarter" method? Take preorders, no money changes hands. Once you get enough commitments, money changes hands and tricks delivered at a specific time. That way you guarantee costs are covered.

Syd
Syd
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Hi Syd, thanks for the suggestion, but that's actually what we did from the very begining. Once the project was announced we took our demo units to a convention in vegas for an official launch and then approached all the dealers. We had commitments from a very large amount of dealers. So we did our first production run based on those "Pre-orders" however once we were ready with the product about 6 weeks later, many of the dealers backed out (couldn't afford the product due to the recession that first started then) and we were left with an over amount of stock which is why we ended up with a surplus. When no money changes hands, there really is no commitment.

So instead it tooks about 2 years longer to sell the first run (and we still have units that need to be sold) but now we are working on our next release. We will have something very soon. But as I have said before the Tenyo Elite team is taking a different approach. A limited and very small run. The price will be higher per unit, but they will be more collectable now as they will be limited productions, and this way we cannot over produce.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestion.

Peter.
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I have no doubt that the true fans will be knocking loudly at the door Peter. You've proven that you're passionate about your commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.

Can't wait to see what you're planning...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Amazing Mr. H
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Mr. H
Quote:
On 2012-04-27 09:49, Peter Loughran wrote:
Hi Syd, thanks for the suggestion, but that's actually what we did from the very begining. Once the project was announced we took our demo units to a convention in vegas for an official launch and then approached all the dealers. We had commitments from a very large amount of dealers. So we did our first production run based on those "Pre-orders" however once we were ready with the product about 6 weeks later, many of the dealers backed out (couldn't afford the product due to the recession that first started then) and we were left with an over amount of stock which is why we ended up with a surplus. When no money changes hands, there really is no commitment.

So instead it tooks about 2 years longer to sell the first run (and we still have units that need to be sold) but now we are working on our next release. We will have something very soon. But as I have said before the Tenyo Elite team is taking a different approach. A limited and very small run. The price will be higher per unit, but they will be more collectable now as they will be limited productions, and this way we cannot over produce.

Thanks again for your comments and suggestion.

Peter.

If you limit the runs to under 100, I would be willing to go as high as $500.00 each for the more intricate "mini illusions".
"Forget the bomb..."
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3255 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Mr. H, so you are making a public commitment to buy? Smile