The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Friend of a Friend :: Is this possible or a joke? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
If you can do that one...you truly can do MAGIC !!!
Thanks for link. Fun to watch!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Santiago
View Profile
New user
Argentina
75 Posts

Profile of Santiago
If we take in count the lot of physics laws that are been broken in that video. I don't think it can be possible, so there must be a good job on the video editing. Anyway, as Godzilla said, it was fun to watch!

Thank you!
Akh608
View Profile
New user
Portugal
9 Posts

Profile of Akh608
Very good joke, and well made.

...I can only imagine how many houses are much cleaner because of this video.
twm
View Profile
Regular user
of wine.
109 Posts

Profile of twm
Quote:

I believe it can be done with NLP (Non Liquid Physics)
P.Synenberg
View Profile
New user
Abingdon, Va
58 Posts

Profile of P.Synenberg
When I was young, whenever my father and I would go to a restaurant and get bad service he would leave a cup of water upside down like that with 3 pennies in it. It might have been a jerk move, but there have definitely been times when I wish I had a card myself. I HATE bad service.
-P.J. Synenberg
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
If you're going to do something like that, you should put in a good tip. Make them want to make the mess.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
That was cool. I am thinking of a method now. I can think of one that is practical, but not doing the splash at the end. I will work on it. Nice link and effect. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 9:22am
-------------------------------------
You could have a another smaller glass inside like an insert with a hole in the bottom (top when its upside down) and when you pull the other cup off the excess water would spill out a bit and drip down the sides?
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
DallasCarter
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of DallasCarter
Quote:
On 2011-06-19 01:19, hackmonkey wrote:
That was cool. I am thinking of a method now. I can think of one that is practical, but not doing the splash at the end. I will work on it. Nice link and effect. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 20, 2011 9:22am
-------------------------------------
You could have a another smaller glass inside like an insert with a hole in the bottom (top when its upside down) and when you pull the other cup off the excess water would spill out a bit and drip down the sides?

Great clip! It reminds me of a lot of what we see nowadays on TV with the magician doing an actual (explainable) effect and then they add camera trickery at the end to add the 'non-explainable' part. David Blaine, Criss Angel, and Derren Brown do this Smile
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Wow! A guy at work actually told me about this this morning. I told him no way could it be done. Not so sure now. It looks real!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-04-18 09:49, P.Synenberg wrote:
When I was young, whenever my father and I would go to a restaurant and get bad service he would leave a cup of water upside down like that with 3 pennies in it. It might have been a jerk move, but there have definitely been times when I wish I had a card myself. I HATE bad service.

Wow, that would certainly be a sign to waiter!
Stigmata
View Profile
New user
A small remote village in NAM
52 Posts

Profile of Stigmata
As much as I had hoped there was some type of unknown element/chemical involved to make this possible I assumed it to be C.G.I. If you watch it in high def slow motion you will know the answer to if it's fake or not.
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I agree, no question that it is fake.
griffindance
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of griffindance
A second glass wouldn't work as the light refracting through glass (plastic, etc.) and water would mean the glass will be clearly seen.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1070 Posts

Profile of dman11
Fake; He has a youtube channel with some other things as well. He is student or something in "training"
with special effects.
KyoufuNoDaio
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of KyoufuNoDaio
That would be impressive to see live...
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Griffindance, depends on the lighting, the material of the insert and how thin it was maybe?

I agree it's CGI but want to try recreate a similar effect.

One idea I had was a disc with a thin skirt of cling film like plastic, the water tension might keep it steady till you tapped it?
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
griffindance
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of griffindance
jasonmcconnie
View Profile
New user
canada
58 Posts

Profile of jasonmcconnie
Nice how the cone of water continues to spin and swirl. Great video.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
What would had been better is to put a goldfish in the water.