The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Chris Power routine (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Nicholas young
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
114 Posts

Profile of Nicholas young
Hello,

I am trying to track down a coin through silk routine by Chris Power. Apparently it has been published in an out of print set of 2000 fism lecture notes called The Opus Experience and was printed in an old issue of The Crimp magazine, although I am not sure which edition.

Can anyone help me with alternative references or finding the ones listed above?
Or any details about the routine, does it use multiple coins, gimmicks, multiple or single phased...

I appreciate all the help!

Nicholas
Nicholas young
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
114 Posts

The fact nobody seems to know much about it makes me want to see it even more!
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
The Routine was printed in the Crimp Magazine, issue #19. It uses a chiffon (see through) silk and 3 coins are penetrating the Silk one by one. There are no gaffs used in the routine. The routine is based on Michael Ammars Routine from Encores 3.
Nicholas young
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
114 Posts

Thanks that helps a lot!

N
Olivier BIENVENU
View Profile
New user
France
61 Posts

Profile of Olivier BIENVENU
Did you get my email ?

Olivier
Trivellino
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Trivellino
Hi there. Sorry to bring back an old post, but I am also trying to get in contact with Chris with regards his routine, I cant seem to find a contact address via Opus, any thoughts would be helpful?

Thank you
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1881 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
If my memory doesn't betray me it is also on Chris Power International magic lecture dvd as well as two other videotapes he made in the 90´s. Its similar to Ammar routine but method is different. Bob Kohler hyped this almost 10 years ago in some magic forum and it is very good Smile

Juha-Matti
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
It's not on the International magic lecture dvd (I just watched it) but I believe it's on one of the competition performance dvds.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Al Schneider has a coins through chiffon silk that is astounding.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Schneider's routine is great in it's own but the Powers effect looks both impossible and magical. I too seek a source for learning this effect. Without luck I might add.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2897 Posts

Profile of Tom G
It was also supposedly in Opus Magazine.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I have heard it is in Opus but I had a friend look through volume of the Opus PDFs that were given away at EMC and it is not in there. I have however since devised my own method for creating this effect and it looks just like Chris' routine. It also uses no gaffed coins so this should probably be in the "Nothing up my sleeve" section instead.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
The Chris Powers routine can be found in The Big Easy Experience lecture notes also on a video called "Laid Back Too". I have actually combine Chris Powers routine and Michael Ammars. There are no gaffs in Chris's Routine.
corindaman
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of corindaman
I have searched high and low for these lecture notes, anyone know of where I could get them?
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
103 Posts

Profile of magic soul
Can anyone let me know how I can get a list of opus so I know what magazines I'm missing. thanks
andy
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Coins Trough Silk by Chris Power.

Video 1:
https://youtu.be/dAslgrHuY-U

Video 2:
https://youtu.be/DxaqMgTanR0
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4199 Posts

Profile of warren
Definitely the best coins through silk routine Smile
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1190 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2018, warren wrote:
Definitely the best coins through silk routine Smile

Absolutely. The best and most elegant version.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
The Chris Powers' routine is fabulous. Somebody several years ago offered me the notes wherein this routine is detailed, but I passed it up. Sorry I did.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2018, dj wrote:
Coins Trough Silk by Chris Power.

Video 1:
https://youtu.be/dAslgrHuY-U

Video 2:
https://youtu.be/DxaqMgTanR0

Other than his own presentation, which is a thing of beauty, are the methods any different that Michael Ammar's "Coin Thru Silk"?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile