The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Newswire by Dodd Vickers :: Broken Wand :: CONOVER (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I am very sad to report on the loss of yet another amazing performer, Tim Conover. According to those that have contacted me, Tim died at his own hand. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends: http://bit.ly/dHijZ2
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
That is sad news indeed!

Robert
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
This weighs on my heart very heavily....I live in Williamsburg, just a short trip from Tim in VA Beach. I spoke to him several weeks ago via Facebook and he seemed to be doing well. This is devastating. Words cannot express the loss this is to the magic community. I feel horrible and very saddened by this. Tim, you were always the kindest, warmest and most generous person I have met- my Cylinder and Coins wouldn't be the same without you. Rest in peace Tim- a true friend and a legend.

Jonathan Brown
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I am at a loss for words. I just saw this on FB. What a tragic loss. So sad. When he did Goshman's act it was amazing.
RIP Tim.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
I'm absolutely stunned. Tim helped me in so many ways. Hehelped me put an act together that enabled me to earn a living for almost 20 years. He was such a kind, sensitive person. I'm not really sure what to say or do right now. If anyone knows about any services for him please let me know.
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
So very sad.. He was an inspiration to me; generous and dynamic.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4685 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
How horrible. I will never forget the wonderful time we had together sharing magic back in the 80's when I went down to Maryland. He came to our Coin seminar a few years ago just to hang out, and show the guys some incredible coin stuff. He gave a memorable performance, doing Goshman's salt and pepper shakers, the cylinder and coins, and a few other things. It was an honor and privilege to watch. I knew he was having problems, but never dreamed it would come to this. He must have been in deep pain. The magic world will miss not only a wonderful performer, but a great guy as well.
Special sale! FREE magician T shirt (a $25 value, only L or XL - see link) while supplies last with each purchase of MIGRATE ($35 ppd USA) Magnetic Coins ($40 ppd USA) or Conviction Prediction ($45 ppd
https://youtube.com/shorts/GbIwPoZ8qy4?si=eqxR6X6XGynLf3ET
inquire for ordering information here or to rubinsteindvm@aol.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I met Tim at the 2nd Magic Live and was really blown away by his skill and warm personality. Such a shame to lose yet another giant in our industry.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3068 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
This is devastating, saddening news. I truly can't believe it.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5697 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I met Tim when he lectured at my restaurant about 2 or 3 years ago. What a stand up guy. I'm shocked by this news! RIP Tim...!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
:{
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
mumford
View Profile
Special user
652 Posts

Profile of mumford
Terrible and shocking news. Such a talented and generous artist. I am extremely saddened.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
That is very sad. He was the best mentalist I had ever seen. He will be missed. Smile
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
How sad and tragic. Having lost a son in a similar way we never know how deep ones hurt runs. That is why it is always so important to listen and offer support.

I remember Tim as a young guy at FFFF blowing guys away with the cylinder and coins. I never had chance to see him work the mentalism but I am sure it was every bit as Flawless.

Rest in Peace Tim.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Tim will always be remembered as an amazing person and talent. His take on Ramsay's Cylinder and Coins still hails as one of the finest. Check the Mullica Bash Video for it.

May he rest in peace.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
That is the most disappointing news I've heard in a long time. Like several others, I use some of Tim's original work in my Cylinder & Coins, and I'll never forget how he personally walked me through his version of Translocation.

Eric Mead was practicing it at Bob Kohler's house during a major convention in Vegas (one of the Magic Live! events), and I asked him if he would share some of the handling that I didn't quite get. Eric told me it was Tim's and that I should ask him. So the later at the convention room I bumped into him [Tim] and asked him about it. He immediately took me over to an empty corner of the room and we sat down on the floor where he proceeded to walk me through the routine until I got it.

I've known many very generous pros over the years, but none were more generous that Tim Conover.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
There are no words to express this loss both on a personal level and to the world of Magic. Timmy was one of our very, very best and a dear friend who grew up in our neighborhood in Alexandria, VA. I can only pray that he has finally found some peace from his pain.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
This is terrible news... he was truly one of the great sleight-of-hand workers and a super guy. I can't think of anything to say... Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
I just wanted to let everyone here know that I have spoken with Tim's family and they wanted me to convey that all of the outpouring of sympathy is greatly appreciated. Right now they are understandably overwhelmed with grief, and may not be able to respond to everyone's kind messages that were left on Facebook. They take some comfort in knowing that Tim was so loved and respected in the magic community. Services for Tim are still being arranged and the details of which may be made available later.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks for the excellent clip of Mr. Conover working. An awful shame and tragedy.