The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Newswire by Dodd Vickers :: Broken Wand :: Tim Conover (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Tim was one of a handful of performers that I truly admired, both as an artist and as a person. He was a brilliant creator of Mentalism, a wonderfully successful performer and a very decent man.

The world is a smaller, dimmer place without him.

T. Baxter
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
I did not know Tim, but my prayers go out for the blessed peace of his soul and for the solace of his family and friends.

Gary
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Tim was a good fellow, an accomplished magician, and an excellent mentalist. He was always working on new ideas and had great enthusiasm for the craft. He was a wonderful colleague, a good friend, and his passing is a great loss to the mystery community.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Tim was a good friend and was in Israel many years ago to advice me for my first TV show.
The best 12 days of mentalism from 9am to 9pm everyday and we built 14 shows

I will miss Tim.
One of the best persons I have ever meat.

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
I can't believe this terrible news. My condolences and prayers to Tim's family and loved ones.

Mick Ayres
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
Really sad news, my thoughts go out to his friends and family
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3254 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Rest in peace, Tim.

Elliott
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I am in shock! Rest in peace, Tim. My thoughts and prayers go out to Tim's family and friends.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
So very sad. I watched the clip that was posted earlier. He showed such energy, talent and charisma. We are all a little poorer for his passing.

Rocky
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I did not know Mr. Conover but, judging by the video clip, he clearly earned his money by displaying a lot of energy and presenting mentalism in a fun and entertaining way.

This is clearly a great loss to the world of mentalism.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2044 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
It's clear so many people loved him. I never met him, but this is sad enough to make anyone cry. I admired him for his enthusiasm and energetic performance. Loving condolences to his family and to his many, many friends.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
It is very sad - he was clearly a well respected and kind man. Suicide... depression is a horrific thing.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
MagiCaleb
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of MagiCaleb
I am friends with his sister. He came and did a personal show for my family. Heard about it from her husband today. He was an amazing performer. It's sad he had to die this way.
Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
How terribly sad. I remember Tim's performance at one of the Invocationals. While I had seen him perform before, the people that booked him at Invo were not familiar with his lightning fast pace, so he performed early on the mentalist matinee program, and almost could not be followed. He was one of the best I've ever seen. Some mentalists are creators, some are performers. Tim was both. He was brilliant at devising impossible to penetrate methods. And a nice guy. How terribly sad. . .
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1355 Posts

Profile of Colin
Very sad news Smile Tim was incredible!!

RIP
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
No words can express how sad this is...

May his dear soul rest in peace.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Here is an example of Tim's unbelievable expertise at working a crowd as a mentalist.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7xt7p_......om=embed
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
My sympathies to his family.

Regards, Steve
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I love his crystal ball routine and that's why I posted it in connection to the story which you can find here: http://bit.ly/dHijZ2

I've received word from his family and we'll have more info on funeral arrangements as soon as they are completed.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
thementalist814
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of thementalist814
So, so sad and a tragic loss to everyone. I was hoping to one day learn his Newspaper prediction effect, but unfortunately, he took the secret to the grave with him. My sincerest condolences to his entire family because I bet he was a terrific family man. We'll miss ya Tim. You won't be forgotten!