The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Ideas for a Lota Bowl (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
In my early years of magic I put an act together for local competition.

In this act I had a Lota Bowl in full view and regulary poured water into a Square Circle, in full view aswell. After having poured about 6 times water out of the Lota Bowl into the Square Circle I showed the tube and the square empty; all the water had gone.

At the last cord of the music and the end of the act, I completely took the Square circle apart and a big flower presentation came into view.

I made this one on my own in my dad's basement workshop of our house. The Square Circle stood on a very small and tiny table and everyone could see underneath during the whole act.

It was the first magic prop I build myself when I was 18 years old and even though I didn't win the competition I was very proud of my idea and the building of the prop.

Oliver.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1650 Posts

Profile of randirain
Well.... A lota bowl is a muslim vessel used for cleaning their backside after going number two. It's basically an anal .douche.

Maybe you can work on routine around that.

:-)

Randi
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This is a REALLY old thread, but in case nobody has mentioned it, Jeff McBride has a beautiful routine with bowls and water. His bowls aren't gimmicked in any way, so technically they aren't lotta bowls, but one could be inspired by his routine. Perhaps you could have a mist making machine, show the bowl is empty, merely pass it over the mist and it produces water. Perhaps you have a colored light and you change the colors of the mist with the light and pour different colored water into clear shot glasses.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2015, randirain wrote:
Well.... A lota bowl is a muslim vessel used for cleaning their backside after going number two. It's basically an anal .douche.

Maybe you can work on routine around that.

:-)

Randi

Always helpful, Randi. LOL.
PressureFan
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of PressureFan
Chris Capehart does a hilarious running gag with the Lota Bowl and a toy doll in his Kiddin' Around DVD. He credits Earl Presto Johnson for the routine.

“This is an Egyptian Pee Bowl. The Egyptians used to keep peas in it.” -Milo & Roger, A Magical Life.
TXKEVIN
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of TXKEVIN
I do the same. I have a little stuffed monkey in a diaper that I introduce as Lulu who’s 2 years old and not potty trained. I changed to this routine over 20 years ago and it changed a blah trick from a kid’s perspective to a crowd favorite
PressureFan
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of PressureFan
I used to do the routine with a Vermont Teddy Bear. Each time I emptied the Lota Bowl, I poured it into a confetti bucket.