The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Skeleton in the Closet (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
markmage
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of markmage
My friend, The Amazing Todd Herron, gave me the "Skeleton in the Closet" effect, which he picked up at the Daytona auction. Instructions were not included. Does anyone have instructions for this?
Thanks,
Mark
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Wiz Kid Wilhelmina has her "New Santa Blocks" instructions in The Wizards' Journal #19 on my site. The directions are essentially the same as for the Skeleton in the Closet on which it is based, and you can either adapt her new methods for making the images appear on the blocks, or not, as you wish. You can also choose from several of her creations for vanishing the head block, or come up with your own.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Presume you have a full set of blocks (four) before you try and start to figure out the routine? Smile Smile would be a little difficult without . . .

As long as the two matching blocks (head) both look absolutely identical, you'll find this a great little trick for smaller gatherings of children. A lot of folks may find actually showing the cupboard tube empty first probably the hardest part. The vanish can be done in several ways.

Tony
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
Let me take a look this evening when I get home. I have a "Skeleton in the Closet" and the prop too for that matter. I believe I have the instructions packed with it. I'll let you know.
markmage
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of markmage
Got it! Thanks, folks.
vincentmusician
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
266 Posts

Profile of vincentmusician
To me, there is no need to show the tube empty. I have done this effect for years and have never shown the tube empty. If you perform this correctly, the blocks come out the bottom and nothing else comes out or is seen. Why run when nobody is chasing you. Cheers!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1778 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
For a completely unique approach to Skeleton in the Closet, check out my Skull-o-ini routine:

www.arthurstead.com/Skull-o-pini.htm
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com