The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Do you see what I see? :: Isolating a hat, balloon or other object in space (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
Can anyone suggest the name of a DVD and performer on it that teaches the basics of the im-moveable object. (seen mostly as a balloon or hat in the days when I worked as The Mime over Matter)

My skills are very rusty and I am considering adding some back into the programs.

silently but serenely,

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I'd be interested to know this as well. I have a distant memory that a contact juggling DVD shows this isolation move. I'll try and find out which one.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Try looking for the Tony and Karen Montanaro DVDs called Mime: Spoken Here. It is a full four-hour course on the art of mime, and the first disc contains illusion and movements, including isolation techniques. Of course, DVDs are no substitute for a live teacher.

Harris and I talked about this a bit further via PMs, but if you would like, I can try and help you figure out what you need to do in that manner as well.

I hope this information is useful to you.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Raymond Crowe teaches it in his Naked Zombie. In fact, the entire DVD is a great lesson in combining mime and magic.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
Thank you both, appreciated.