The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Mental Killer by Max Krause (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Hi Max - sorry if this has been asked before, but do you have a version suitable for us Aussies? Keeping my fingers crossed for a yes on this!
Cheers...
Matt
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
I'd like to know how people are presenting this on the iPad?

My current thought is to call it a calling "jailbreak", but Id be curious about other presentations.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Max any update on when the update will be available regards Gary
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hi Matthew,

Yes, you folks down under will be supported as well. Smile

Hi Gary,

I am hoping by the end of next week. Smile

Regards,
Max
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Max cant wait !
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hi Guys

British audio is finally completed with the voices of Angelo Carbone and Rachel Columbini. Italian male will be none other than Aldo Columbini.

More news soon to follow.

Kind regards,
Max
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Okay, I'm apparently about to be the first naysayer when it comes to this. So, allow me to begin by stating that I think this is a great effect and a great application in our new world of phone apps. It's actually a more streamlined (and much less expensive) version of something that Larry Becker and Lee Earle released back in 2007, however theirs also had a time limitation (that is, it was necessary to renew after a year or two).

For my $19.99, however, I'd love to see some improvements. The first 2 are minor things that really would never be an issue if they weren't updated in the future. That said, I'd still love it if they were.

- I'd love for there to be a tone for each digit when the numbers are entered, as there is on the regular keypad.
- The transition between dialing and connecting could be made to animate more correctly. Right now, it's a kind of cross-dissolve.

Small points, to be sure, and certainly nothing one need worry about in performance. My biggest disappointments, actually, are the messages themselves. Firstly, they just sound too "clean". The ringing sound is perfect, but as soon as it answers, the message becomes too crystal clear, as though it was recorded in a studio. Real messages, at least in my experience, do not sound this way. I know mine certainly doesn't. It needs a wild track or room tone to round it out. However, that's not my biggest problem (and forgive me if I offend anyone, but I am just being honest). My biggest issue is that the recordings are about as phony-sounding as it gets. These sound like non-actors trying to act. The inflections and delivery are unrealistic. People just don't talk like this.

Perhaps the British track will be made available to us and will sound better. For me, the best solution would be to have the option to make my own recordings. I doubt I will use this until the messages are improved, as right now they just scream "phony".

My 2 cents.
It's all in the reflexes.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Illucifer,

I thank you for your honest opinions and feedback. I will address each of your concerns one at a time.

We are working on a DTMF tone for the dial pad. I can tell you from the hundreds of performances I have never had anyone question it but nonetheless we are still addressing it. The transition is something that may or may not be changed as there are so many other things I wanted to move forward on.

Regarding the audio. I have remastered all of the messages to sound more "realistic" I have also changed the female audio and even added a busy signal when the performer makes a mistake for instant feedback without alerting the spectators.

These, along with several other improvements will be included in the first update.

Once again, thank you for your honesty and I hope this helps address your concerns,

Best regards,
Max
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Here is the latest news.

I have confirmed that current version of MK does work on the 4g iPod Touch.

The older versions will be supported in the upcoming update.

Kind regards,
Max
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi Max can you make it so if the spec tries the number on their phone they get the busy tone , so all will seem genuine if they try number after regards Gary
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Gary,

That would be up to you since you get to pick the number you use.

Max
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
That's great Max thanks. Any idea when update available ?
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
I do LOVE Mental Killer, but have one request/suggestion: Can we give the male and the female voices different names? I just performed the female version to a co-worker yesterday, and would like to do it again with some other co-workers, maybe using the male voice, but both of them have the same name! "What a coincidence" is what my co-worker that saw the effect yesterday will say. I hope this is an easy fix so that I won't have to think twice about repeating the performance among people that may have seen the effect already . . . Thanks! Otherwise, 10/10 for sure!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Any news on the update as all seems to have gone quiet . Also noticed as I predicted another price drop. Gutted for those who jail broke and paid a small fortune . However fantastic effect nevertheless just hope updates materialize.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Wow, you're right. It's only $4.99 now.
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Black Friday Smile
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I love the app, and have been really enjoying it. But having just owned it for two weeks, its hurts to see the sale price at 75% off...
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
Me too! Ouch! Just bought this app last week! ;-(

Any comments on my name suggestion, Max?
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3352 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Max is it a 1 day sale only? Last week I spent $20 on this. Great effect and loving it but Im hoping it's not going to stay at this low price.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
This has now disappeared off the uk iTunes site as far as I can see. Any news on when uk version will be available?

Cheers