The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: Mental Killer by Max Krause (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Mental Killer Review
I am a iPhone developer myself and I love magic apps for the iPhone. I got a copy of Mental Killer by Max Krause and it is AMAZING! This is a must have iPhone App. The best thing about performing with this App is that is doesn't look like a magic app. They will not detect let alone suspect any foul play on your part and yet will blow their minds and it is very easy to do! Do yourself a favor and skype Max for a demo, once you see it you will have to have it! Max also told me about future features that will be available with this App and I can't wait to use them!
http://www.innovativedeceptions.com/
skype at sleightofhand1971
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
This Is only one presentation for Mental Killer:

Effect: The performer removes a card or piece of paper containing a phone number and places it on the table.

The performer than explains that he/she is going to try and influence the spectator to make a decision and once that decision has been made the performer is going to call the number on the table before the effect started which is his/her friend to verify whether or not the performer was successful.

The spectator is asked to think of any card and once a card is committed to, the performer dials the number with his/her phone.

The phone rings and an answering machine message comes on and tells the spectator the EXACT card they had chosen. Truly Unbelievable!! Think The Wizard effect on steroids!

Best regards,
Max
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Does that mean only performable in English? Smile Or can we preset our own voice?
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
English for now but other languages are coming...
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Someone mentioned this can be done with an iPod Touch. Is there a presentation for that?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2246 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Quote:
On 2010-10-13 21:38, jprace wrote:
Someone mentioned this can be done with an iPod Touch. Is there a presentation for that?

celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Seems this is on the app store now but only works with us numbers Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hey Guys, I am working on the UK version as we speak. It will be ready in another week or so. it will be part of the first update.

Btw, I have an update coming for the itouch and ipad included but my suggestion would be to get a used iphone and sell your itouch since you don't need any service to use this app. It will be just like having an itouch but you will have the phone features as well.

Just a thought,
Max
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Cant wait! Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
So... US phone numbers only? Smile
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Uk numbers is one thing , but Max really needs to change the voices too. Need to have an English accent on the reveal for UK users , I wonder whether Max has any thoughts on this ?
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2246 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Quote:
On 2010-10-24 17:04, nanaswan wrote:
Uk numbers is one thing , but Max really needs to change the voices too. Need to have an English accent on the reveal for UK users , I wonder whether Max has any thoughts on this ?

Yes, yes he does.

Believe me, any idea we think of with this app, Max probably thought of it last month, and has 3 ways to improve upon it as well, lol.
Kevin Reylek
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
So... how many months before a Japanese, Chinese or French version? Smile
- Y
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hi Yif, Mandarin is already done. I am looking for someone to do the french and japanese version as well as other audio.

Kind regards,
Max
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Quote:
On 2010-10-25 11:29, Max Krause wrote:
Hi Yif, Mandarin is already done. I am looking for someone to do the french and japanese version as well as other audio.

Kind regards,
Max

Wow Max!! When will that version come out? (as an update to the current version right?)
But you mean Mandarin version with mainland China phone numbers only? I think it would be nice to also include Taiwan numbers (considering the large magic community in Taiwan)
Again, congratulations for that killer app Smile
- Y
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Hi Yif,

I just need to know how the phone number looks on the phones in Taiwan and China. It's going to be fantastic. This is only the beginning. Yes, that will be part of the first update.

Max
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Quote:
On 2010-10-25 17:00, Max Krause wrote:
Hi Yif,

I just need to know how the phone number looks on the phones in Taiwan and China. It's going to be fantastic. This is only the beginning. Yes, that will be part of the first update.

Max

Max,
Mobile numbers for 1.3 billion people in Mainland China look like : 138 xxxx xxxx (11 digits)
Mobile numbers in Taiwan look like : 0935 xxxxxx (10 digits)

Both countries speaking language is mandarin Smile
PM me anytime if you have questions on China, Taiwan or France, I'm glad to help Smile
- Y
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
162 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
This is an incredible app! I just got it and after running throgh it a couple of times to practise, sprung it on a couple of people in my office. It got gasps. I have a 3 hour strolling gig tonight and intend to try it out to see how it flies in that environment. I can't wait to see what Max comes up with next using the principle. The best part is, it doesn't seem like an iPhone trick. Bravo Max!

Marc DeSouza
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Update,

The German audio is done. I now have German, British and Mandarin. The app should check to see what area the phone is in and will adjust the display accordingly.

I have decided to offer the languages as in app purchases to save on space. Not everyone will want all the languages and by the time they are all done the app will get huge. This way, you only add the language(s) you want to use. All those who have helped me with the app will receive everything released on it as a thank you for helping.

Here are some of the other new features for MK in the 1st update. This may not be all of them:

Itouch support. Special interface and making sure the audio works.

Switch from 2 to 4 rings depending on preferences.

New female voice and audio will sound more like an answering machine than ever. Audio output has also been increased.

Automatic display support for any country.

Updated instructions.

Still working very hard on this thing to make it the best magic system available on the iPhone. There is lots lots more to come.

Best regards,
Max
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I have a google android phone with apps, could this ever be available for this?