The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Helping our own...a few thoughts (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Life is a funny thing, one day everything is going your way, and the next it seems as though the whole world is falling down around you.

Death, misfortune, or just plain old fashioned bad luck can happen to any of us, and at any time. There is no prejudice involved, and it matters not whether you're rich, poor, famous, or just an average person walking the street.

The fact of the matter is, when tragedy strikes, we are never truly ready for such an occurrence. It could be a horrible life changing accident, the death of a friend or loved one, or in some instances, something as personal as feeling lonely or losing one's sense of self-worth. The latter often happening to those whose busy and fruitfull lives are drastically changed by a terminal illness, or permanent hospitalization in some kind of healthcare facility.

It has been said quite often, and I must wholeheartedly agree, that one of the biggest pleasures of being involved in this crazy field we call magic, are the friendships that we often make with other performers of the art.

Indeed, I myself have several friendships with folks I may only see once or twice a year. Yet the bond is so strong, it often supercedes that of friends who live in my hometown, or those I see on a daily basis.

In that spirit, let us not forget our magic brothers and sisters, and especially those that may feel forgotten in their later years.

Do you know of someone whose day might be brightened by a card, letter, or even an email of kind words of hope and encouragement? Please let us know.

Please post their contact information, and maybe a few lines regarding their special circumstance and or current situation. In that light, perhaps the many varied performers in our magic family at The Café, may find a few moments to help send a little cheer to someone who could really use some positive feedback. Remember, sometimes just a Thinking of you card can really make a difference, especially when the world around them appears to be coming to an end. Thank you.
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
248 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
Steve,

Thank you for creating this section! It is a wonderful idea. We often feel alone in the world when we experience difficult periods in our lives.

Thank you!
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
Peter695
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Peter695
Steve,

I couldn't be more impressed. Now that's strong magic.

Peter
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Well done, sir!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
A worthy forum.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Great idea Steve. We need a forum like this.

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Bare Handed
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Bare Handed
Now that's what being a friend is all about! Kirk
You live in the world you create!
Toad
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Toad
What a brilliant idea - it's great to know that friends are thinking about you at difficult times.
Genus
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Genus
Well done steve. It is always nice to know that someone cares.

Genus
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
The world now is a bit smaller and warmer! Smile
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
I think that's an awesome idea Mr. Brooks! I'll be praying for Gene Poinc.

From,
Cornelius. Smile
Manipulix
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
174 Posts

Profile of Manipulix
A great idea, Steve,

many thanks for that.

Magically yours

Manipulix Smile
What is life without a little bit of magic?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4860 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Just a word of thanks, Steve for this forum. I have been recuperating from Kidney surgery for the last 4-5 weeks and the Cafe has been a real help in passing time and keeping up on magical happenings. It made things seem a little brighter for me.

Dave
Where the magic begins
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
277 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
The Cafe seems to address nearly all areas of life...well done Steve.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Smile
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Priest
View Profile
New user
NYC
100 Posts

Profile of Priest
I always say that the real magic I create is seeing people of all types, races, religions joined together watching me and getting along.

When you affect someone's life, that's real magic.

~Priest~
"Funk is not something U can buy at the corner store.
It is something that U find deep within Ur Soul!"
.:The One Year Project:. .:Forums:.
Vincent
View Profile
Loyal user
New York Metro Area
270 Posts

Profile of Vincent
Bravo, Steve!! Truer words were never spoken.
Now I know for sure that I found the right place.
Thank you,
Vinny D.
magicalan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of magicalan
Well done! This is now truly the best forum I have ever been in, I'm glad to be in it Smile
-Alan
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
My thanks to you Steve. It makes this forum more than just about the art of Magic. Now, this forum is about the brotherhood (and sisterhood) of Magic!
Well done, my friend. Well done....
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
cachorro
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of cachorro
Speechless....

I wish I had discovered The Café sooner, but I guess it's never to late!

And talking about making a difference... Thanksgiving is coming up and for the past few years (while employed in the .com world) I used to organize a group of employees to go out on Thanksgiving day out on the street and buy a few sandwiches and bottles of milk and pass them around to homeless people. Now I don't work with .coms anymore but I'm planning on organizing a group of friends to go out and do it anyway... Try it! It's a great feeling and you might even want to do a trick for them... something that they'll remember the rest of their lives!

"Politicians can't and won't change/improve our lives. So I guess it's up to us, the Brotherhood & Sisterhood of Magicians to go out and bring some HOPE and MAGIC to this world!"

Diego