The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Lights...camera...action! :: Help me not kill my bird.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
It has not been a good day.

Earlier today I shot over an hour's worth of footage for an instructional video for a DIY CTW wallet. I then loaded it up into editing, and realized that my cockatiel, who I've learned to tune out, is WHEEETing loudly all over the soundtrack.

I can't redub it easily because it was a narration as I was going through the process of construction. I tried playing with audio filters in Final Cut express and just managed to convince myself I know even less then I thought I did about audio processing.

Does anybody have any suggestion on a way I can save this footage that wont cost me more then the whole project is ever likely to be worth??
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2209 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Alright. I tried audacity and did many hours of work last night.

Conclusion. his wheet covers too many of the same frequencies in my own voice to be scrubbed with anything I have access to.

I guess I AM going to have to do a post-dub. Oh well. It is the *right* way to do video, rather then wild sound. Its juts gonna be more work...
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
wizardmagic
View Profile
New user
Arizona
32 Posts

Profile of wizardmagic
Merlynn The Magiv Cockatiel like to put his 2 cents in while I am working. I layout multiple seperate tracks (music, voice, sound effects,etc...)The cockatiel only sounds on the voice track and if he swalks in between my words, it is easy to cut out without messing the music track.
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2010, Cyberqat wrote:
It has not been a good day.

Earlier today I shot over an hour's worth of footage for an instructional video for a DIY CTW wallet. I then loaded it up into editing, and realized that my cockatiel, who I've learned to tune out, is WHEEETing loudly all over the soundtrack.

I can't redub it easily because it was a narration as I was going through the process of construction. I tried playing with audio filters in Final Cut express and just managed to convince myself I know even less then I thought I did about audio processing.

Does anybody have any suggestion on a way I can save this footage that wont cost me more then the whole project is ever likely to be worth??