The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Steel Monkey Balls by Darren Hart :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Steel Monkey Balls by Darren Hart
-------------oOo------------

Product Description: THE QUEST

Since the ancient Egyptians magicians have been performing the classic Cups & Balls.
So 5000 years ago audiences were saying "Oh my God not that trick again!" Just kidding, everybody loves the Cups!

But what is true is that for the last 5000 years magicians have been searching far and wide for the best balls to use for the routine.

The search is over! Darren Hart and Bob Kohler have developed the perfect ball!

THE SOLUTION

This new Monkey Ball solves all of the problems associated with all of the balls magicians have used over the centuries from crochet cover, to rubber, to solid.

Our Monkey Balls are wound by hand over a steel ball bearing. The steel ball bearing gives the ball mass, it's heavy. It's extremely easy to manipulate. What's that? You could never master the Wand Spin Vanish? You can now! Our Steel Monkey Balls make it easy!

The mass really helps all of the moves you do when performing the cups from the vanishes to the Vernon work to the Galloping Post move. The moves become effortless.

Are you tired of chasing after the balls your are currently using? Do they have a mind of their own? The weight of the Steel Ball Bearing also helps keep the Monkey Balls from rolling! The weight combined with the wrap of the special string keeps the Monkey Balls under your complete control.

OUR MONKEY BALLS ARE ATTRACTED BY MAGNETS

Another reason for using Steel Ball Bearings is that the balls are attracted to magnets! But they're not attracted to each other. This is really important. So if you're using a pocket magnet as a holdout or a magnet on a holdout suddenly you can be clean after each vanish. Put a magnet in your wand. The possibilities are endless.

INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH

The string we use is industrial and tough. It will last for years. The brilliant red is perfect for most performers.

EACH SET COMES WITH FOUR BALLS

SIZE: Our Monkey Balls are exactly 13/16" in diameter. They are perfect for Paul Fox style cups as three balls fit perfectly on top of one cup.

THE WEIGHT: The Monkey Balls weigh in at .5oz each. The weight is a great help in many standard cup and ball moves.

THE BALLS ARE AVAILABLE IN RED OR BLACK

ABOUT THE BLACK SET: This set of Monkey Balls is manufactured in BLACK. This idea came from the legendary John Ramsay. He used black balls because for intimate close up work the black balls vanish and look like shadows when held in the hand. Check out John Ramsay's routine for full details

--------------------

Anyone who has even remotely studied the classic Cups and Balls realizes that in addition to there being dozens of styles and types of cups that the performer may choose from, there are seemingly an endless amount of balls that can be used with those cups.

Indeed, everything from miniature baseballs, to cork knitted balls (the most common) to sponge balls, Monkey Fist balls, Wooden Balls, Felt Balls, Steel Balls, Rubber Balls and even square balls.

Why so many different balls?

While most beginner sets of cups do come supplied with some kind of balls (pom-pom style or cork knitted balls are the most common style provided), most high-end cup manufacture's assume the performer has his own ball preference's and leave that decision to the buyer. Afterall, if you're ready to plunk down $400 - $800 for a set of cups you probably already know what type, color and size ball you are wanting to use.

The various balls now available is pretty much a result of many different folks experimenting through the years using a variety of different materials. Sometimes it was as simple as making an artistic statement, other times the weight and size of the ball mattered depending on the routine one might be working on, venue conditions (indoors or on the street), the size of the performers hands, or in some cases (such as the Chop Cup) the ball itself is especially designed to work hand-in-hand with the cup or perhaps a special wand or other secretive device.

Having said all that, I have had the unique opportunity to personally see and handle the Steel Monkey Fist balls that Bob kohler is now offering the magic community. I infact now own two sets, one red and one black.

A kind of hybrid of the basic Monkey Fist ball design, these bad boys (designed and manufactured by Darren Hart) are built to last and then some. Did I mention they are heavy enough to use for self-defense should your audience become hostile? A nice perk for you street working guys. Smile

All kidding aside I really like these balls. The weight gives them a better feel when doing finger palms and such and the traditional Monkey Fist type of design insures these won't easily roll off your table, even in windy conditions.

The balls are 13/16" in diameter and easily stack with my Paul Fox cups. Each package contains four balls - no instructions. Because of the special material used during the manufacturing process, I'm told by Bob Kohler that there are very few of the black sets left with no clue as to whether or not more will ever be made. As far as I know there are still plenty of red sets to be had. In any case, if you are a cups and balls kind of guy I suggest that you consider purchasing a set in either color while you still can. Highly recommended!

--------------------

My rating:

Suggested retail is $39.99 for a set of four.

Available exclusively from Bob Kohler:

Bob Kohler Productions, Inc.
6622 Tranquil Seas Court
Las Vegas, NV.
89139 USA

You may email Bob at:
orders@bobkohlermagic.com

Or visit Bob's website by
Clicking here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks